Morewood to come into contention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

With all of our injuries and possible suspensions this week then surely Phil Morewood must come into calculation for this weeks game against the dragons. 

no mate hes not a manly signed player

hes a SCSE only just like denis sandow

When did that happen?

He is a big bopper these days and has some decent go forward.

WTF is with Cross. He started the season well, now runs at about half a KM per hour at top speed

Dan link said:
When did that happen?

He is a big bopper these days and has some decent go forward.

Dan,

As far as I'm aware, like Shane Neumann at the end of last year's footy season, Moorwood wasn't wanted by Manly and signed on with the Sunshine Coast for this year but in Neumann's case, he went on to be signed up by the Bulldogs after he had already signed up with the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles due to what must have been a clause in his contract.

Cambo link said:

I suppose it means that Des will have no option but to call on DCE, Paulau and See you see you if Mattai, bailey and King are all suspended.

But what happens if we have more than 8 of our top 25 out either injured or suspended which is likely with Joe having a groin injury? 

Surely we can contract players like Morewood provided I think their salary counts towards next years cap.

I doubt King will go, there was nothing in his "high shot" should never have gone on report. Was a penalty and that is the end of it.

Kite may be injured though

when the name "morewood" starts being bandied around as a benchman  it is obviously the end of a manly supporters season.

time to dust off the flannels and get ready for the upcoming ashes tour.

back to the 'glory" days, put in seu seu, palau etc lets the kids have a real shot at them, can't hurt

tookey link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=185108.msg291025#msg291025 date=1283729962]

I suppose it means that Des will have no option but to call on DCE, Paulau and See you see you if Mattai, bailey and King are all suspended.
[/quote]

Daly Cherry-Evans, Terence Seu Seu and Junior Palau were the only Manly contacted players left in last Saturday's SCSE team loss to the Mackay Cutters with Seu Seu being a late edition to the team. All of the other regular Manly contracted players were either out injured or were recalled by Manly. The choice from their roster is quite small to choose from besides those three. Jamie Buhrer is one of those regulars that was recalled and has already been playing for Manly for the last couple of weeks and to me seems to be improving with the experience. Lussick is out injured with a knee problem and Vic Mauro is the only other Manly Contracted SCSE regular that I can think of who would be in the running for Manly selection.

The under 20's need their players. But looks like Oldfield will get a call up and if Hodkinson is injured then DCE should get a run, or bring Lyon into 5/8 and bring up another NYC player

Why not give Tasi a go if King is suspended? 

Either he will go ok or the dragons forwards will smash him in which case who cares as he is playhing for the rooters next anyway. 

When supporters begin calling for Morewood's inclusion in the team then I know we are well and truly gone for the season. Morewood has had his chance and he wasn't good enough.

Let's face it people. We are not going to figure in the finals with the current state of our playing roster. By all means support and pray for a miracle but including Morewood in the team is not the answer. Our depth has been well and truly teated this year and we have been found wanting. Time to move on.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7