More speculation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Eleven Bulldogs are playing for their futures in a team Hasler will slowly but surely mould for the future.

Steve Turner, Luke MacDougall, Joel Romelo, Martin Taupau, Bryson Goodwin, Dene Halatau, Sam Kasiano, Kris Keating, Michael Lett, David Stagg and Jonathan Wright are all virtually on notice.That equates to about $2 million in player talent.

Kasiano, though, is close to re-signing with the club.

One source close to Canterbury said: "This is pretty much the side (former coach) Kevin Moore assembled.

"Des will want his own team and to inject his players into the side from next year. Don't forget, Des wasn't really supposed to be at Belmore this year. He was meant to start next year. Some of those coming off contract will be retained, but some won't. They simply have to perform."

Souths giant Dave Taylor has also been associated with a possible move to Belmore but it is more likely he will return to Queensland.

Brett and Glenn Stewart are particularly close to Hasler, who left Manly because of a dysfunctional board after winning last year's premiership.

Asked about players coming off contract, Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg said: "We will continue to discuss recruitment and retention behind closed doors. I have heard every rumour and piece of innuendo.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/eleven-bulldogs-playing-for-their-futures-as-des-haslers-reign-starts-at-canterbury/story-e6frexnr-1226275278675

If this eventuates Hasler should be wiped from our records. He's taken training staff and co, now there's more talk of players going to dogs, what does he want next? Maybe change their coluors to maroon and white and move the beach over there aswell?

Paul Kunt and Rothfield must be on holidays.....cause thats the first ANTI MANLY report for days.....Nothing at all in yesterdays teleCrap about the WCC.

calm beforer the storm I'd suggest.

So when Steve Turner, Luke MacDougall, Joel Romelo, Martin Taupau, Bryson Goodwin, Dene Halatau, Sam Kasiano, Kris Keating, Michael Lett, David Stagg and Jonathan Wright read this will they be giving Hasler 100% hearing that they are not in his plans at all
Would be great to see Hasler pick up his 1st wooden

11 players with $2 million and they want the stewart for $1 million that leaves 9 player for $1 million, not going to have much else to work with

Didn't Luke MacDougall use to play for us and wasn't he turfed around the time Des came in?

swoop said:
Brett and Glenn Stewart are particularly close to Hasler, who left Manly because of a dysfunctional board after winning last year's premiership.

Huh? I thought the official line was that he left "for the challenge" of coaching a bunch of losers from a loser club.

No that was the line the club trotted out wasn't it?

Either way who cares? It's history let it be

I was wrong above by the way, I think it was Ben that played for us

Pretty sure players have free will and choice (and can play where they choose)

Glenn Stewart can't go anywhere until the end of 2013 he is under contract with.
Look at the tweets the second one is by dean richie the author of the above article

Cam Smith (@Cambo96)
2/16/12 9:36 PM
@BulldogRitchie serious question these reports that g Stewart will be at the dogs in 2013.How is that possible when he is contracted for '13

Dean Ritchie (@BulldogRitchie)
2/16/12 9:39 PM
@Cambo96 He had a get-out clause but the NRL said it wasn't valid. He can't leave unless he seeks a release but I can't see that happening.

So he's saying one thing on tweet but writing something different in the paper.

Cambo said:
Glenn Stewart can't go anywhere until the end of 2013 he is under contract with.
Look at the tweets the second one is by dean richie the author of the above article

Cam Smith (@Cambo96)
2/16/12 9:36 PM
@BulldogRitchie serious question these reports that g Stewart will be at the dogs in 2013.How is that possible when he is contracted for '13

Dean Ritchie (@BulldogRitchie)
2/16/12 9:39 PM
@Cambo96 He had a get-out clause but the NRL said it wasn't valid. He can't leave unless he seeks a release but I can't see that happening.

So he's saying one thing on tweet but writing something different in the paper.

Are you suggesting you expected truth from a newspaper

Not all dan lol. Just pointing out he said one thing on a social network site and then something totally opposite.
There's no doubt he is des haslers pr man.

Brace yourself guys. Mr richie has tweeted tonight about an nrl player being chased by 7 clubs. I'm tipping it's one of ours.

Cambo said:
Brace yourself guys. Mr richie has tweeted tonight about an nrl player being chased by 7 clubs. I'm tipping it's one of ours.

If they all want Ben Farrer I guess I will have to resign myself to losing him.

Cambo said:

What a surprise! It's another yarn about Darcy Lussick. I wonder when Ritchie will report on a team apart from Manly?

Any good player in the comp would be chased by numerous clubs so it isn't a surprise Darcy is so popular.

If Manly make a solid offer I'm sure he'd want to stay.

Also, it ticks me off no end that Bulldog reports that every Manly player has a close relationship with Hasler. All players are friends with various people in the league...that doesn't mean they're gonna follow them wherever they go.

Anyway, I get the impression that Darcy was pissed with Des after being overlooked for the Grand Final.

I'm sure our club is on the job regarding the re-signing of Darcy, DCE and Foz. The media underestimate how much of a club legend Tooves is too.

Was going to say the same thing. Over at the WCC and this will shock the tele snake and gift actually hung around Matt Parish and Tooves a fair bit.
If you don't like them you wouldn't hang around them now would you?

Blowfly said:
Cambo said:

What a surprise! It's another yarn about Darcy Lussick. I wonder when Ritchie will report on a team apart from Manly?

Any good player in the comp would be chased by numerous clubs so it isn't a surprise Darcy is so popular.

If Manly make a solid offer I'm sure he'd want to stay.

Also, it ticks me off no end that Bulldog reports that every Manly player has a close relationship with Hasler. All players are friends with various people in the league...that doesn't mean they're gonna follow them wherever they go.

Anyway, I get the impression that Darcy was pissed with Des after being overlooked for the Grand Final.

I'm sure our club is on the job regarding the re-signing of Darcy, DCE and Foz. The media underestimate how much of a club legend Tooves is too.
Funny how this article is in the paper the day that Manly are back in town
Our CEO should put a contract on the table now, 7 days to sign, done put an end to all this speculation

what about the "feature" of the club yesterday. Every other team had nice write up etc we get another negative half piece! Very poor!!

Don't buy into it people.
It is just that "speculation".
Wait for the official line and then vent accordingly, otherwise we could be "speculating" all year over who is coming and who is going.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7