More from everyone's favourite narcissist

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Bill Harrigant on the DCE late tackle:

What did you make of comments from Manly coach Geoff Toovey on the tackle of kicker Daly Cherry-Evans by Greg Bird?

Manly coach Geoff Toovey was critical of the tackle on Daly Cherry-Evans. Our pocket referee saw the incident and signed off on it at the time, so it was play on. The NRL match review committee has taken no further action on the tackle today, so we are comfortable with the process in place. And that we made the right decision on the run.

Disco said:
I though it was fine tbh

It is not fine to tackle someone without the ball. Cherry had clearly offloaded the ball. Penalty to Manly.

niccipops said:
Disco said:
I though it was fine tbh

It is not fine to tackle someone without the ball. Cherry had clearly offloaded the ball. Penalty to Manly.
I didnt think it was that late. I always look at it from the other side of the coin.
If watmough made the exact same tackle on Thurston and got penalised i'd be spewing

Didn't look fine from where I was sitting, it was late and Bird put him in a dangerous position. It was premeditated as Bird had been niggling all match. Should have been a send off.

ManlyBacker said:
I like Bill. But probably not as much as he does.

No one could possibly like Bill as much as Bill does .

Infact, I think he likes himself several times a day........

I dont think the tackle was too dangerous but was late. Should have received a penalty at the least

Disco said:
niccipops said:
Disco said:
I though it was fine tbh

I didnt think it was that late. I always look at it from the other side of the coin.
If watmough made the exact same tackle on Thurston and got penalised i'd be spewing

I saw it live, was so happy to be at the match, but was astounded that nothing was done about that. It was late and dangerous.

Should have been a penalty. Late and lifting. If Choc was penalized for a forearm on the head as he got to his feet, then that tackle certainly deserved a penalty. What you have to always ask yourselves is, 'Would Matai have been penalized'?. If the answer is yes, then ergo, penalty. It seems to me that Matai would certainly have been penalized if he had of been the tackler.

Matabele said:
Bill Harrigant on the DCE late tackle:

The NRL match review committee has taken no further action on the tackle today, so we are comfortable with the process in place. And that we made the right decision on the run.

Sounds eerily like Gallop with his double speak that doesnt address the question.

Garts said:
I agree with Disco. Others, take your maroon and white goggles off.

What goggles? He should have been penalised, sent off, suspended for 18 weeks, fined $10,000, made to write a public apology to Manly supporters and given a wedgie.
Reckon I'd make a good ref. I suppose there's goggles but they're staying on and it should have been a penalty.

Look it was borderline, so I will concede a penalty could have been awarded but I was not concerned we did not get one as it could have gone either way. It was not a dangerous tackle, just late and only marginally.

As for Watmoughs forearm rub, as soon as I saw that I knew it would be a penalty. Need to be more discrete with that stuff.

I thought this was going to be another post by TC

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6