More Evidence The Salary Cap Doesn't Work!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brisbane ?, you mean the Newscorp Broncos . . . .
amazing that this story got passed the editor

As I have said before (no one in NRL magic mushroom & Alice in wonderland) is listening.

We need a points system for the top 25 players based on time in grade, rep footy and length of service.

The players can get what they are worth but as long as the points for these players don't exceed a total who cares.

Build in an appeals system and audit them every year. Job done.

Sigh! Will the NRL ever listen?

As I have said before, we will just become like the ESL where in reality only four sides ever win, the rest just make up the numbers.

All the best players go to the rich clubs, the rest get the dregs.

I'll suggest to you that for the foreseeable future only 4 clubs will feature in the big dance .

Souths
Roosters
Bulldogs
Brisbane

Occasionally one will pop up and surprise , but I bet in 10 years the above four claim 80% of Premierships.

That is unless the NRL step in and fix the issues.

As I have said before, we will just become like the ESL where in reality only four sides ever win, the rest just make up the numbers.

All the best players go to the rich clubs, the rest get the dregs.

I'll suggest to you that for the foreseeable future only 4 clubs will feature in the big dance .

Souths
Roosters
Bulldogs
Brisbane

Occasionally one will pop up and surprise , but I bet in 10 years the above four claim 80% of Premierships.

That is unless the NRL step in and fix the issues.
What you are not a believer in the Eels 10 year plan objective for 2 premierships in 5 years? Surely you jest ... with the "best" coach in the business and Fo$ and Watmouth

But isn't it always good to see a creepy dickhead like Blake Ferguson get a dose of some sweet karma. 4 months? Not good enough for me (or Canberra). I am just waiting for a big Bulldogs injury toll now. They have had a charmed run over the years...

The way some clubs are getting more TPA's for there players might just destroy the salary cap Cause why have a cap if TPA's can take your total salary millions over what the cap is . But correct me if im wrong that there is a limit on TPA's

I don't think anyone would be surprised by this.You leave the door open for abuse & that's what you'll get.

TPA's are a blight on the game, all the do is make the rich clubs stronger and weaken the poorer clubs.

But of course the No Real Leadership will do **** all to change this rule.

TPA's are a blight on the game, all the do is make the rich clubs stronger and weaken the poorer clubs.

But of course the No Real Leadership will do **** all to change this rule.

100% right.

The whole point of the salary cap was to stop the comp turning into the English Premier League. TPA's essentially render the cap useless.

If the clubs had absolutely no role in securing TPA's, and it was all the player and his manager, they'd be a lot harder to secure and be less of an issue. But we all know they're being used to minimise what is being shown on the books when a player is earning another 500K off the books. It's just a bit of a wink and a don't worry....I know they're not guaranteed but just between you and me, they are in this case.

Can someone with half a brain PLEASE take the reigns of this organisation before the game is flushed down the crapper ?

Like the marquee player allowance and the long serving allowance, TPA's should be limited and made to be public.

For example $oz getting an apartment on the Parramatta River ( if indeed he has) for less than half the price should be included in his contract and made public.

I own heaps of shares, and know what say the top 20 people at Woolworhs are paid through either the annual report / investor centre.

So if the NRL are fair dinkum about a level playing field and transparency for the fans then this would go a long way to fixing the issue.

As it stands, the Rorters, Souths, Bulldogs and Brisbane will continue to flaunt the rules and build super sides , with a second team as subs equal to that of any other side playing them.

They won't always win, but if this continues I bet the above four clubs will win 80% of Premierships between them in the foreseeable future.

And that Mark, is basically what the EPL is. The four richest clubs (Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea) have dominated the premiership results year after year and have done for as long as I can remember. Sure every now and then another club slips in and does well for a few seasons here or there, but generally it is those top 4 who keep filling the trophy cabinets.

And if the NRL doesn't do something about it, that is exactly what will happen here (with the possible addition of the Warriors making it a top 5 if they can ever get on an even keel with the Blues in Auckland).

In all honesty, if the NRL is going to persist with having a salary cap, then there needs to be a cap on third party payments as well .... and the TPA cap needs to be one that all clubs can reasonably attain, not one that only clubs like Brisbane, Souffs, Dogs and Rorters could ever hope to reach

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6