more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated if i should post this but here goes

I am a pretty fit 44 year old (no pre existing conditions, not over weight and...I might add...decent looking athough that is not relevant to the story) who rarely if ever gets sick. Also as a family man we have been pretty much in iso not by choice but due to the fact that when you have kids really do you have any sort of life?

After feeling unwell for a couple of days I did a third RAT which came back positive. I am incredibly thankful that I am double vac'd as this has been pretty bad. After a rough day or two I am slowly starting to feel better. This is not like any cold or flu I have ever had

Clearly this virus hits everyone in different ways - I hate to think how sick I would have been without the double jab
I'm 66, pretty fit for my age I suppose, not fat and have a head that has been likened to a hat full of arseholes. I've had the virus this past week and it's not great. Double jabbed but now I'm hearing I shouldn't get the booster for at least a month due to contracting the virus.

I debated if i should post this but here goes

I am a pretty fit 44 year old (no pre existing conditions, not over weight and...I might add...decent looking athough that is not relevant to the story) who rarely if ever gets sick. Also as a family man we have been pretty much in iso not by choice but due to the fact that when you have kids really do you have any sort of life?

After feeling unwell for a couple of days I did a third RAT which came back positive. I am incredibly thankful that I am double vac'd as this has been pretty bad. After a rough day or two I am slowly starting to feel better. This is not like any cold or flu I have ever had

Clearly this virus hits everyone in different ways - I hate to think how sick I would have been without the double jab
I'm a TALL, 51 year old exceptionally handsome male, and I have a couple of questions for you. Were you infected with Omicron? Do you think the vaccine stopped you from dying/being admitted into ICU?

Edit - My nose probably disqualifies me from the extremely handsome category - it has been broken several times, creating an obvious defect to my otherwise perfect facial features. VERY handsome is probably a more accurate description.

Last edited:

Interesting read… makes it very obvious (for most).
Very interesting..Israel which is a highly vaccinated country shows that booster does not work. Yet Switzerland does..

But just on Switzerland they are only 68% fully vaccinated and they recognise natural immunity; that is if a person has tested positive they are considered vaccinated. So why not use this in Australia?? How many of our kids have recovered and others from Covid yet are pushed to be get vaccine.

The WHO has advised that healthy children and adolscents do not need boosters..

Also in European Union regulators have warned that multiple jabs can risk your immune system.

So my point is we should not be pushing vaccines, boosters to our population that are healthy and low risk ie healthy children.

There is a place for vaccines but should not be mandated across the board.

Very interesting..Israel which is a highly vaccinated country shows that booster does not work. Yet Switzerland does..

But just on Switzerland they are only 68% fully vaccinated and they recognise natural immunity; that is if a person has tested positive they are considered vaccinated. So why not use this in Australia?? How many of our kids have recovered and others from Covid yet are pushed to be get vaccine.

The WHO has advised that healthy children and adolscents do not need boosters..

Also in European Union regulators have warned that multiple jabs can risk your immune system.

So my point is we should not be pushing vaccines, boosters to our population that are healthy and low risk ie healthy children.

There is a place for vaccines but should not be mandated across the board.

Here he is, the **** the high risk kids guy.

Edit - My nose probably disqualifies me from the extremely handsome category - it has been broken several times, creating an obvious defect to my otherwise perfect facial features. VERY handsome is probably a more accurate description.
Have you recently been in Japan ?
Asking for a friend

I'm a TALL, 51 year old exceptionally handsome male, and I have a couple of questions for you. Were you infected with Omicron? Do you think the vaccine stopped you from dying/being admitted into ICU?

No idea what I have besides a positive test

And yes I feel pretty unwell so hate to think how I would have felt if I had not had the vaccine

No idea what I have besides a positive test

And yes I feel pretty unwell so hate to think how I would have felt if I had not had the vaccine
So you think you might have been in the 0.000000009% of healthy people with no underlying health issues who end up in ICU, if not for the vaccine. Interesting.

From Fox Sports - Alexander Zverev. The German said it was inevitable there would be more cases among players.

“Look, I think this year in Australia is a lot more cases than last year, simple as that,” he said.

“And we are allowed to go outside to eat, allowed to do whatever we want, so I think it’s natural that more people get Covid. “Quite a few players I think have it now. We are not getting tested, so I think if we would get tested there would be probably more positives than there are now, in a way.”

Alexander Zverev believes there are probably more players with Covid at the Australian Open after 29th seed Ugo Humbert said on Wednesday that he tested positive following his first-round loss.

The 23-year-old Humbert was beaten by fellow Frenchman Richard Gasquet on Tuesday and subsequently wrote on Instagram: “I tested positive on my exit test yesterday and I’ll stay one more week in isolation in Australia.

Interesting.
If you can’t trust your doctor, who can you trust.

I wonder where he has gathered that info. Would be interesting to hear why.

I have read that taking the vaccine initially lowers your immune system (body’s reaction to begin fighting the virus)… so perhaps having contracted Covid , your immune system is already compromised and then by doubling down with a vaccine that will further lower your immune system it becomes an unneeded risk.

Thanks for the info.
Go Manly.

Perhaps it has something to do with this from the National Institute of Health Government website.​

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19​

At a Glance​

• The immune systems of more than 95% of people who recovered from COVID-19 had durable memories of the virus up to eight months after infection.
  • The results provide hope that people receiving SARS-CoV-2 vaccines will develop similar lasting immune memories after vaccination.
Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
Colorized scanning electron micrograph of a cell, isolated from a patient sample, that is heavily infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus particles (red). NIAID Integrated Research Facility, Fort Detrick, Maryland
After people recover from infection with a virus, the immune system retains a memory of it. Immune cells and proteins that circulate in the body can recognize and kill the pathogen if it’s encountered again, protecting against disease and reducing illness severity.

This long-term immune protection involves several components. Antibodies—proteins that circulate in the blood—recognize foreign substances like viruses and neutralize them. Different types of T cells help recognize and kill pathogens. B cells make new antibodies when the body needs them.

I think the Israel article was discussing efficacy of 4th booster and Switzerland article was the 3rd?
I guess that although the 4th booster will boost antibodies for Covid - the point of the article is that it is less effective against the omicron strain. Against the other strains it appears effective.

So many variables it’s hard to gauge, so making an assessment on Israel’s situation is pointless when comparing to Australia’s…or Switzerland - as in, how many delta strain cases do we have. How many original strain cases are in Israel. Omicron?

My point was that anyone arguing the vaccine doesn’t save lives - can’t be helped. Different to your point.

I understand your point about not mandating vaccines.
However, if it’s proven that a 4th booster is effective against the other strains and those strains are prevalent in a certain country (who’s medical system is under duress) I guess decisions have to be made in the best interests of the country. And that means limiting the spread of the disease by mandating vaccines for all. Not just the at risk.
If only the at risk patients were vaxed, it’s been proven it’s still possible for those people to catch and die from the virus so having the rest of the population unvaxed would only increase the likelihood of those people dieing.

Are you saying it’s acceptable to let more “at risk” patients die, so we aren’t vaxing the entire population (with a vaccine that’s been shown to slow the spread, limit the symptoms and reduce the rate of death in all Covid strains - some more than others)?

Genuine question.
Vaccines slow the spread? The record number of cases each day indicates otherwise.

The 3rd booster is not mandatory.

So @Captain Moondog has made the choice to do that to protect him/herself, I’m guessing in consultation with his/her Dr.
The discussion isn’t whether or not to take a booster as I think it’s widely know than the bodies natural immune response to contracting Covid (after being double vaxed or without) has a time limit. It also depends on the persons immune system as everyone will have individual immune responses.

I guess that’s why his/her Dr is suggesting the booster for his patient - I’m just interested in the timeline of when is an appropriate time.

The article you quoted said some patients natural immune responses lasted up to 8 months… perhaps some lasted 8 days…??
What's with the him/her bullsh1t? Captain Moondog is a bloke. HE is, was, and always will be my friend.

I think the Israel article was discussing efficacy of 4th booster and Switzerland article was the 3rd?
I guess that although the 4th booster will boost antibodies for Covid - the point of the article is that it is less effective against the omicron strain. Against the other strains it appears effective.

So many variables it’s hard to gauge, so making an assessment on Israel’s situation is pointless when comparing to Australia’s…or Switzerland - as in, how many delta strain cases do we have. How many original strain cases are in Israel. Omicron?

My point was that anyone arguing the vaccine doesn’t save lives - can’t be helped. Different to your point.

I understand your point about not mandating vaccines.
However, if it’s proven that a 4th booster is effective against the other strains and those strains are prevalent in a certain country (who’s medical system is under duress) I guess decisions have to be made in the best interests of the country. And that means limiting the spread of the disease by mandating vaccines for all. Not just the at risk.
If only the at risk patients were vaxed, it’s been proven it’s still possible for those people to catch and die from the virus so having the rest of the population unvaxed would only increase the likelihood of those people dieing.

Are you saying it’s acceptable to let more “at risk” patients die, so we aren’t vaxing the entire population (with a vaccine that’s been shown to slow the spread, limit the symptoms and reduce the rate of death in all Covid strains - some more than others)?

Genuine question.
The vaccine doesn't slow the spread. Omicron is the dominant strain around the world. We should have more transperant data being rolled out ie how many in-patient, icu, deaths with/ from covid and what particular strain.

Omicron is a game changer. The vaccinated are susseptible and spreaders. We know that now. So the argument to vaccinate the whole population to protect the at risk is a moot point and outdated. At risk patients should all be vaccinated.

We should not continue down the same path given that the landscape has changed dramatically.

So you think you might have been in the 0.000000009% of healthy people with no underlying health issues who end up in ICU, if not for the vaccine. Interesting.
No idea but....

I have never really been sick with the flu or a cold and can never remember being this sick before. Stands to reason I would have been worse without the double jab.

Is that ICU worse? Who knows I am thankful I will not need to ask that question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4