More cap trouble for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
The bad news keep coming for Manly - I’m hearing the Sea Eagles may need to let a leading player go before June 30 to be salary cap compliant.

Because of back-ended contracts and salary cap “irregularities” after they were caught cheating red-handed by the NRL, the Sea Eagles’ cap is a mess.

They are currently over the cap and need to shed around $500,000 before June 30 to get their books in order.

As a result, they are looking at offloading one of their representative stars. Dylan Walker and Marty Taupau have been mentioned but you'd have to think there's no way they would be let go.

It might be a player just on the next level who is shown the exit door.

But shedding a player on big money mid-season is no easy task - there aren’t many clubs with a spare $500,000 to $600,000 to spend - much as they would love to add a quality player to their line-ups.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...-sea-eagles/ttiluircvapd1l4g27dk5a45k/slide/1

This could only be related to filling our roster before June 30.

Even the self loving Greenberg has said we are cap compliant and not being deducted points as part of the punishment.

Not many clubs with 500-600K? Roosters should have a spare couple of Mill surely?

This is what happens with the Press vultures.
In order to make a living and stuff food down their throats they look for a puff of smoke and then light a big fire around it .
Lets put out their fire by getting rid of this thread
Press Vultures.jpg

Not only did Greenberg say Manly were cap compliant in 2018, he has said manly were never 'over the cap'. Its all to do with 3rd party deals, not how much money is being spent paying the players.

Ive found sportingnews to the be the number one place to masquerade Sunday arvo BBQ rumors as genuinely informative articles.

Last edited:
Hang on.....did Greenturd not say in his press conference that Manly are NOT over the 2018 salary cap? Hence the reason why we are still playing for competition points?

Yeap, hence why were not docked any points. Turd confirmed it after the squeels fans were whining about the penalty being unfair.

So now all of a sudden we are not compliant.... Hmmm, Im calling BS.

You know, if it comes to a duty of care, the NRL should really have no choice but to approve Manly bringing up/in replacements. We currently have 21 fit players out of what is supposed to be a 30 man squad for at least the next 3-4 weeks, along with already starting the season one spot short and not having Myles and no longer having Lussick.

One more long term injury and we can't even name the 21 players that the NRL requires every Tuesday.

Just out of curiosity. A team consists of 13 players and 4 interchange. Where exactly does having to name 21 players come from and what rational purpose does it serve?

I'm having trouble finding a thread that I actually feel like reading, let alone commenting on.
Oh well, this one will do. My comment?
'Laughable'.

I wish we could have a rule against posting articles from that garbage fire of a website, especially as a thread title.

Alas...

Sporting News - LOL. About as much credibility as the Iraqi information minister during the gulf war
Like Elvis who still works at Coles Double Bay ,Bagdad Bob is still alive and working at sportingnews.com ,what a joke .These grubs masquerading as "journalists" make me laugh.I think the internet has claimed another occupation i.e that of the 'journalist" ,they are no more a journalist than I am a brain surgeon or Greenburg a credible CEO .Its just low rent click bait and they will pound this until the next new bit of blood and burly gets thrown into the swamp where they exist.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4