MnF - what is the benefit ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
so who does it benefit ?

Negatives

supporters - the average supporter who works 5 days a week (not to mention those on longer hours) being able to get to a game at 7pm  is very difficult if the game is near where you live, impossible if its elsewhere

Children - if you have to take kids on a school night is very hard, shouldn't the game be wanting more kids at the game as they are the $ the game will get in the future

home clubs - lose revenue because  of lower crowds and less sales in food etc merchandise

players - short turnaround makes preparing for next hard, wait around all weekend & Monday for their game

corporate sponsors -  How many corporate sponsors can fill their boxes on a Monday night ?
Tour companies - they get totally screwed by mnf as it  makes it difficult to get numbers as some people would need to take 2 days off to go to away games in other states etc

Coverage - Radio coverage is terrible for country people without pc access

Pretty obvious it is for TV.  Round 1 they had 500 000 viewers in the ratings.  If the TV pay for its full worth then I see it as a good business move to have it. 

yep it is 100% shaped for TV. Unfortunately we are completely at the mercy of what the TV companies want until 2013 then we can get rid of it and start dictating terms.

Surely the NRL would be aware of just how much the fans hate it

If we keep it after 2013 it will need to be at a good price.  People might put up with it more readily if it resulted in a sizeable money injection to the club. 

They would get at least 15K for titans v Manly on a Sun arvo.I reckon they'll get about 10K.That's 5000 people at an average (roughie) of $20 a ticket.That's 100K down.Then there's less food,drink,and merchandise sales.On the other side,they still have to pay ticket sellers,police presence,security,car park attendants,merchandise outlets,all their normal ground staff + others I prob haven't remembered.Someone put on one of the feeds here what the No Real Leadership pays a club for MNF.I can't remember the figure,but surely there's no way it could cover the cost of MNF for a club.

The Clubs hate it, costs them heaps.....they don't actually get any "cash in the hand" to compensate....just "money" to spoend on advertising....but I fear that Fox will up the Ante and I;d be surpirised if it doesn't stay next time around.

I'm not such a big fan of Mondays when we're playing, I love it when other teams are playing.

The thing to remember is that we only got 13K last Sunday arvo & we got 15K to the Doggies game on a Monday last year (or was it '09?).

The crowd size isn't so clear cut. I can't see a pattern to when people do & don't bother showing up to games.

Masked Eagle link said:
I don't mind TV stations having a big say in scheduling as long as they pay for it.

I do. How many games do the Broncos or Warriors play on a Monday night each year?
The competition is not a level playing field, and this is another reason.

Barry Hyland link said:
[quote author=Masked Eagle link=topic=187216.msg328955#msg328955 date=1301527909]
I don't mind TV stations having a big say in scheduling as long as they pay for it.

I do. How many games do the Broncos or Warriors play on a Monday night each year?
The competition is not a level playing field, and this is another reason.
[/quote]

I'm with you Barry. Bloody stinks these Monday night games. We had a ****load more than any other team last year, and surprise surprise we have 2 in a row coming up soon.

I look forward to the Gold Coast game every year, as that's where I live. I now find out that it's on a fcking Monday night and will most likely not be able to go. Pissed Off.

I think the biggest shock with this MNF is not Manly getting it,but the titans getting it.with the new AFL franchise,and a football team,you'd think the No Real Leadership would want gig sunday arvo crowds up there.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Chuck a sickie MPC and come and sit next to me!!

I will figure something out Mark, I have to, can't miss this game. I'm shatterd it's not a Sunday arvo or even Saturday night.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4