Mid-Season Report Card

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

What grade do you give us so far?

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • C

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • D

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • E

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eaglebuzz

Bencher
We should be in first place, if we could just hold onto a lead. but being one win outside the top 4 is reasonable. The exciting thing for mine is that we beat the Storm without Turbo, that bodes well.

The two big improvements this year are that we are beating top sides and that our depth is the best it has been in a very long time.

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
On the whole, worse than I expected.
Even to sneak into 8th place, we need to win 7 of our last 12 games (i.e. improve on the first half of the season). And for 75% of those games we had Tom - we may have him for 25% from here.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's a clear 'B' for me.
'A' would be top 4. Manly is top 8, has got some big scalps so far and been competitive throughout, which is an improvement on last year.
Which of course means diddly squat if they fall away in the back half of the comp. But I think we well placed to finish strongly, barring injury disaster of course.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It’s B for me, the wins against the Rorters and Panthers are a credit to the improvement from last season.

The Panthers and the Rorters are the teams to beat this season for me.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I guess it all depends on expectations.

I see some who had us 10-14th then rating us a C which is interesting.

I had us 4th to 10th and we are 1 point off either end of those positions.

Encouragely we have beaten some top teams and we have had some periods were we have looked amazing.

Nella, Haumole and Koula continue to improve. Talau has been better than expected. Burbo on average is improving and Garrick is slowly coming along at centre.

On the downside, our consistency not just between games but within games is a real concern and for me this is not a talent issue but a mentality one....we current have a soft underbelly.

Line speed and winning the ruck seem to have been issues the last 5 years and shows no sign of improvement.

I'd have us somewhere between a B and a C. Maybe a C+ or B- if I can be cheeky.......how about this. Its a C but if we upset the Panthers tjis week it becomes a B.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Underachieved thrown away 6 competition points
At least. Wins against Penrith and Storm were great but over shadowed by losses to lower teams.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I guess it all depends on expectations.

I see some who had us 10-14th then rating us a C which is interesting.

I had us 4th to 10th and we are 1 point off either end of those positions.

Encouragely we have beaten some top teams and we have had some periods were we have looked amazing.

Nella, Haumole and Koula continue to improve. Talau has been better than expected. Burbo on average is improving and Garrick is slowly coming along at centre.

On the downside, our consistency not just between games but within games is a real concern and for me this is not a talent issue but a mentality one....we current have a soft underbelly.

Line speed and winning the ruck seem to have been issues the last 5 years and shows no sign of improvement.

I'd have us somewhere between a B and a C. Maybe a C+ or B- if I can be cheeky.......how about this. Its a C but if we upset the Panthers tjis week it becomes a B.
I am with you on this with B- or C+

Never assumed they would make the 8 of course it was possible .Seemed to have found some belief against better teams which is a huge advancement

But they are still one step forward , 2 steps back

Since 21 there has been talk of a premiership window by some., some have mentioned that brooks was recruited because of the window

manly al

First Grader
B - , but of course could have been in the A range if Manly could have jagged say 3 wins out of those matches against the Eels , Warriors , Raiders and Dolphins and after establishing some pretty healthy leads in the i st half .
Brooks and Talau have offered improvement , Burbo doing better overall , getting much better value from Alioai so far and Browny when available , doing some good things .
Big downer with Turbo 's injury woes again , Saab missing quite a few now .
Really needed Lodge and Sipley to step up and only have Tofff now to manage it .
Ability and quality is there in the squad to move up the rating scale during the remainder of the season and also with a long overdue better run on the injury front

DUFFMAN

Bencher
It’s B for me, the wins against the Rorters and Panthers are a credit to the improvement from last season.

The Panthers and the Rorters are the teams to beat this season for me.

Those games boost our rating but the games we were in front and fell apart and the games we should have won against teams fighting for the spoon cancel those two games out.

C form me.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
A and an E
Depends who turns up - Jekyll or Hyde.
Some of the best Wins over fancied opposition in years = A
Opposed by some of the worst losses giving up dominating leads = E

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
It's a clear 'B' for me.
Let us B more Clear about this featherd friend
To B or not to B ?
I say Not to B and this is my clear Perspective .....
A is for Awesome the highest standard of Leading the comp
So this does not apply to Seibolds Team

B is for building consistency and dominating the top four
This also does not apply to Seibolds team

C is for top 8
So C is for Seibold who is hanging in the top 8 on 7th spot on his short and Curlies

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18