Merchandise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Is it just me or is $59.95 for a pair of training shorts excessive?

Also, I notice the $400 Sea Eagles Gift Card is available for $405.95  ???

Yeah it is mate, the white ones are brand new and sponsored at around $30-35 but I have been wanting a maroon pair for a while and battle to find them, I won't pay $60 for them

A question on the pricing model for merchandising....

Does the club / NRL make money off the unbranded merch available from Best and Less (and similar)

If so what %........compared to the $60 training shorts.....

$59.95 is pretty cheap for a brand new pair of Manly shorts.

Second hand ones worn once by Brett Stewart would sell for thousands of dollars on e-bay.   ;D

clontaago link said:

You would think so but I just paid $110 for some boardies. 

Men don't buy clothes. Their women do that for them :)
Kidding - JUST kiddiiiing...jeez - I can't believe I have to CONFIRM when I'm attempting to use humour on this site these days - and yeah - I KNOW "trying" is the operative word here.

Up here on the sunny Gold Coast I've just found a 2009 fully sponsored women's Manly Jersey for $72, a gift for my teenage niece's upcoming birthday. At a Newsagent that sells NRL gear of all places. Very happy with that purchase as I was going to order a 2010 one from the website for $154.
As for buying shorts - Sea Eagle shorts with Brett Stewart IN them - Priceless!

niccipops link said:
Up here on the sunny Gold Coast I've just found a 2009 fully sponsored women's Manly Jersey for $72, a gift for my teenage niece's upcoming birthday. At a Newsagent that sells NRL gear of all places. Very happy with that purchase as I was going to order a 2010 one from the website for $154.

Would that be the Newsagent at Stocklands West Burleigh nicci?  We've bought a few MSE things from there over the years that I lived down at Burleigh.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=182253.msg248871#msg248871 date=1263290599]

Would that be the Newsagent at Stocklands West Burleigh nicci?  We've bought a few MSE things from there over the years that I lived down at Burleigh.
[/quote]
that was exactley what i was thinkin jethro

guys also on southport nerang rd near central park is a big nrl and AFL merchandise warehouse

i picked up a 4 pack of premiers 08 coasters there it has heaps of stuff and lots of manly. Ill be goin back there in two weeks time when im on the goldy for a week

Best and Less have NRL brand without sponsor logos for pretty cheap.

I prefer the jersey with logos etc but the shorts, well I can't imagine wearing a pair of footy shorts unless I was mowing the lawn or playing footy

Reminds me of the truck driver who rolled into a dock wearing Parramatta shorts. One of the storeman was a keen Eels supporter and asked if he went to Parra stadium to cheer on Sterlo. The truckie said he was a Manly supporter and only wore those to fart in!  :D

Jethro link said:
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=182253.msg248871#msg248871 date=1263290599]

[/quote] That's the one Jethro. Great specials at the end of each year. My young niece will be stoked with her pressie.

Garts link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=182253.msg248840#msg248840 date=1263272594]

You would think so but I just paid $110 for some boardies. 
[/quote]

I know what you mean Garts, I just paid $370 for a pair of jeans. But I will wear them just about every weekend and they will hopefully last me a few years.

Footy shorts I would only wear camping, fishing etc. Cant justify $60 for that.

Ryan link said:
I have Sea Eagles underpants....totally STUFFED with chicken - for all...

That explains why your hand movements always look like you are feeding the chooks.   ;D

lsz link said:
A question on the pricing model for merchandising....

Does the club / NRL make money off the unbranded merch available from Best and Less (and similar)

If so what %........compared to the $60 training shorts.....

Not my bag and the whole process is a bit complicated, however, as I understand it here is how it works ….

1. Any of the new ISC gear available from the club it gets pretty much most of the take of with a small percentage going to the NRL (I have the charcoal T shirt with Manly Footy Club on the front and know a few people who got the 1947 Hoodies and love them) - this gear is limited to certain items only and only for our club

2. Any NRL gear (shirts, shorts, scarves etc etc) that is bought directly from the club the club gets the "retailers" mark up and the rest goes to the NRL under license (So if you buy from Rebel then Rebel get the mark up rather than the club)
The revenue goes to the NRL "pool" (more of which later)

3. Any (as it's known) "clean skin" merchandise (ie Best and Less) - the retailer gets their margin and the rest goes to the NRL pool

The NRL pool is then distributed in 2 lots to the 16 clubs (not sure of the exact way the percentage split works) -

With the first lot - each club gets an allocation of funding with the teams that have sold greater amounts of merchandise getting a greater share of the pool (So Broncos and Titans will get a goodly chunk)

The second lot is split equally between all 16 clubs

So we (MWSE) won’t get a lions share of lot 1 but will benefit from the sales of the NRL overall in lot 2

Moral of the story is (whenever possible) buy from the club so it gets the retail and the second hits from the divvy up on the NRL pool (Note: Yeah, I know there are bargains to be had elsewhere sometimes - I managed to pick up 2 fully branded and sponsored last season kids shirts from Rebel in the city a few years ago for $45 each compared with a $100+ each for the new season’s shirts – so do what makes sense and works for you?)

Secondly; check out the new ISC range here http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/product-list.asp?pc=24 – some great casual wear ideal for the local, the beach or just hanging out and the club makes an earner from it

Hope this helps?
Vidmar

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8