Menzies and Lyons Honoured

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Select has chosen a couple of our all time great players by honouring Beaver and Cliffy as part of the Triple Centurians 2012 Champions set of cards.

These 2 cards are going for around $25 each on eBay.

This set also sees a special case card of Anthony Watmoughs 200th game. The only other player chosen for this sub set is Billy Slater. They only issue one of these cards per case (12 boxes of cards to a case) making them fairly rare I think there are 400 of both Watmough and Slater. Chocs card goes for around $70.

To see these cards search eBay by typing something like Menzies Select 2012 etc.

I second that.

And I blame Gallop.

What do you think about WSC and the Supertests. I know its a much different scenario but curious.

A sample of the cards below.

Attachments

• 140[5].jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 93
  • $(KGrHqJ,!qME88f7YdJFBPbZ-rP6Uw~~60_1[1].jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 4
bob dylan said:
I second that.

And I blame Gallop.

What do you think about WSC and the Supertests. I know its a much different scenario but curious.

Actually I think we (club) need to take some of the blame. We are so concerned with distancing ourselves from the Northern Eagles debacle that we have robbed a few of our legends the right to be referred to as one club players in the record books. For me personally I am more than happy to live with the embarrassment and claim those 2 seasons as Manly seasons if it means Beaver and Toovs get the recognition they deserve in the record books as one club players.

However lockyer was recognised as a one team player even though he played in the superleague which was a different competition. Just another case of the nrl making up/changing the rules when it suits them to.

Those cards look good.
Beaver's and cliffy's should be stuck together.

re. WSC. yes definitely should be part of the records. whatever achievements were earnt in those games were seriously hard to earn. when you think of some of the records these days by teams playing bangladesh or zimbabwe.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7