Memo to Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Please Des look at the replay of this game and see what Willo & Bryant did today (ie bugger all).  No way should either of those two lemons play in front of Cuthbo again.

It is time to get serious about winning this comp and stop playing the mates game, Cuthbo provides go forward, 2nd phase play, excellent passing game and is tough in defence. 

Re: Memom to Des

Bench was very Poor today

Bryant 6 runs for 40 metres and 1 error 1 offload 11 tackles
Hall 10 runs for 81 metres and 0 error 0 offload 8 tackles

Willo 1 run for 3 metres and 0 error 0 offload 11 tackles

On those stats Hall was twice as good as an ordinary Bryant.  And that's about right.

If Cuthbo was dropped because of his offloading habit not being required against the Warriors then why did the entire side look like they were in an offloading frenzy?

I have never seen a team throw so many dumb offloads (except for the Warriors today)!

An offload is effective when the side is going forward.  Today we were running soft at them and flopping back ridiculous pill all day long.  If we do that against the Knights next week it is going to be a tough day at the office.

Re: Memom to Des

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
Bryant 6 runs for 40 metres and 1 error 1 offload 11 tackles

Willo 1 run for 3 metres and 0 error 0 offload 11 tackles

Bryant ran 39 metres backwards and Willo excelled himself in the metres gained stats.  No team would win a comp with these two in the forward pack.

I'd rather Bryant goes.  Willo wasn't on the field very long and at least did what he was supposed to do - soak up their early frenzy with tackles.

Maybe within weeks we will have King and Cuthbo back in the side and both these plodders dropped.  But don't hold your breath!

The only thing i can remember when talking about the bench was Des saying it depended on the weather.  I couldn't listen to the whole game but from what i heard it was wet weather over there?  Maybe Des wanted up the middle play with less offloads to protect errors...  although i now read that there were errors aplenty anyways.  beats me, i'm just glad we won, and nice of Steve Price to say the Warriors lost it more than we won it (in no disrespectful terms to us apparently...)

eggson link said:
Maybe Des wanted up the middle play with less offloads to protect errors... 

If that's what he wanted the message didn't get through to the team.  They were throwing dumb offloads like a family of Monaghans.

i dont get it... he wants Willow in the side for his defence.. but menzies defence is heaps better..... Menzies to lock... cuthbo to bench.. willow to neverland

Menzies is the wrong side of 30.

Oh hang om, how old is Willo?

I wonder if Willow and Bryant are playing the role of teaser stallions this season?  Absorbing the punishment before the stallions of better quality come into the finals series and impregnate their rivals?

I would hardly call those two stallions after some of the 'limp' performances they have put on of late

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Another memo to Des, keep up the good work and Manly in 1st spot :D
Not according to Scotty Sattler up here on the Gold Coast on the radio this morning. He was asked who was leading the comp at the moment & he replied "The Storm".

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=177691.msg187743#msg187743 date=1214282486]
Another memo to Des, keep up the good work and Manly in 1st spot :D
Not according to Scotty Sattler up here on the Gold Coast on the radio this morning. He was asked who was leading the comp at the moment & he replied "The Storm".
[/quote]

Explained by the fact he hit HIS head in THAT tackle im sure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6