Membership Update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
D587E4A3-8C23-4675-B2D7-A434553DB17E.jpeg

Some pretty important dates coming up for membership;

Friday 23/11 - membership is great Christmas present for kids and those difficult to buy stuff for!! Don’t miss out last day tomorrow for pre Christmas delivery etc

Friday 30/11 - cutoff to keep your same seat as well as the great Gold polo!!

The club is really setting up well for a great 2019 - be part of the team, join or renew!

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/

I think comparing years is hard, it will depend when you club does it’s proactive outbound calling to members who haven’t renewed. This normally boosts numbers.

I don’t think this years campaign had started yet.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567-2019-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

We are actually now slightly behind where we were this time last year.
I think it will take time for some fans to come back. But they will.

Go back 2015 the clubs soul was genocided.
Toovey sacked, singe sacked, ballin released, long term footy manager released our club was wrongly cleansed of it soul.

Now Scott penn and Lyall have ****ed off barrett and the external crap and got Des and the gang back together. Next year won’t be pretty if we are lucky we will make the 8
But it will be the start of a bueatiful journey back.
I love you mr hasler and everything you stand for #makemanlygreatagain

I have said it before but I don't believe we will compete with other club's membership numbers while our entry point is $85.00. Maybe we are playing the elite game saying our product is worth more, or maybe the other club's pokies are subsidising their lower level entry memberships? Either way, I know people who won't visit a game this year who can't or won't justify spending $85 to just get a membership, scarf, lanyard, etc.

The first three clubs I checked had the following............

Wests Tigers: Supporter $55.00
a - Tigers.JPG

Brisbane Broncos: Captain's Membership $40.00
a - Broncos.JPG

And Lyall's old club...Cronulla Sharks: Shark Starter $30.00
a - Sharks.JPG

Higher volume at lower rates can result in better outcomes through economies of scale. For example we are paying for the same membership staff if 5 people ring or 20. Might as well have 20.

Keep the $85.00 option, add a lower priced option with less supporter pack items (keep keyring, car sticker), add to that the standard incentives to encourage attending games (which we desperately need), then do promotions to up-sell into better packages at year 3 or so.

I have said it before but I don't believe we will compete with other club's membership numbers while our entry point is $85.00. Maybe we are playing the elite game saying our product is worth more, or maybe the other club's pokies are subsidising their lower level entry memberships? Either way, I know people who won't visit a game this year who can't or won't justify spending $85 to just get a membership, scarf, lanyard, etc.

View attachment 10237

View attachment 10238

View attachment 10239

Higher volume at lower rates can result in better outcomes through economies of scale. For example we are paying for the same membership staff if 5 people ring or 20. Might as well have 20.

Keep the $85.00 option, add a lower priced option with less supporter pack items (keep keyring, car sticker), add to that the standard incentives to encourage attending games (which we desperately need), then do promotions to up-sell into better packages at year 3 or so.
Thx - I have passed onto the club

Souths have a pet membership for $50 and you get a food bowl and a fence sign. A baby/toddler membership with things like an ABC book, rabbitoh toys etc.
Our membership team need to think out of the box.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567-2019-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

We are actually now slightly behind where we were this time last year.
Here we are (mostly) bouyant over the coaching and other changes, but keep in mind, to the less obsessive members, we are coming off our worst season in memory, whereas this time last year we were coming off a finals appearance and had reasonable prospects of success.

So we are probably doing well to have avoided a dramatic drop in memberships.

DD7C716F-54D5-41BA-AF56-4BBBBE5F5B43.jpeg
DD7C716F-54D5-41BA-AF56-4BBBBE5F5B43.jpeg
58898220-3F77-4CB2-933D-AF50E61E46ED.jpeg
Souths have a pet membership for $50 and you get a food bowl and a fence sign. A baby/toddler membership with things like an ABC book, rabbitoh toys etc.
Our membership team need to think out of the box.
Interestingly enough we do have a variety of membership packages similar to the Souffs offering- there is something for everyone!

This is a legitimate concern for the club.

I'm an interstate supporter who doesn't attend any games of NRL purely due to location.
I fork out approx $180 for myself and 2 sons.

It's expensive for 3 lots of merchandise especially when you see other clubs doing memberships for half the price.
I have passed on to the membership team, will provide an update when I get a response. I agree for entry level it is a bit on the expensive side

View attachment 10237

View attachment 10238

View attachment 10239

Northern beaches inflation @:D@:D@:D My old man whinges about it all the time

Not bad.
Or a Big End of Town membership, where your membership is paid for by the sweat of your employees while you enjoy the game from your tax- free corporate box, that you require because you never pay any tax on anything?

.. paying the wages of all those sweaty employees so that they can pay tax rather than be on welfare isn't a bad contribution ....

PSS ... get up with the times SER8 .... the unions out-lawed sweating years ago ..... :rofl:

Geez it's hard keeping up with you Ryan. And I mean that it a good way. 1 moment I feel like your completely disillusioned with the club and its decisions, next your getting yourself aroused. :)

Perhaps some supporters share your recent sentiments.

That the club has made some shocking recruitment decisions (like Keppie) and dropped the ball on some quality up and comers (like Kelly).
Maybe they also see the players drinking on Instagram and having the likes of Cartwright at the club still upset them.

Regardless, I think the masses will return. It's the 2nd coming of Des. You just get the feeling that Manly is back.
12 months from now with the cap issue behind us and a few more off contract I think 2020 will be an exciting year.

Yep, what I said is I wanted to see progression from the club on and off the park, and there was a period, where I felt all we saw was regression.

Especially in areas under our control. I mean, give Barrett his damned support staff Des has the opportunity of working with. Upgrade some furniture. Kill the party culture, and make sure the players stop sharing their opinions about back office decisions. All controllable. And we were seeing nothing.

Stop the this player wants out, that player wants out rubbish. Stop releasing players for nothing.

But that's changed, and that has given me cause for optimism. Things chance, so I guess so does opinion.

I'm really happy about things at present.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7