• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

As a Manly Fan my view on membership is

• I am a member and will renew in 2019.

• I am a member and won't be renewing in 2019.

• I will be a new/lapsed member joining in 2019.

• I am a lapsed member and won't renew until the club sorts out the current chaos.

• I will rejoin/become a member if we get an ex Manly player as head coach

• Haven't made my mind up yet.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well played mate.

On the other hand, I can't, I just can't (and it DOES hurt). Why should I line Scott Penn's pockets? Especially while his decision making is literally destroying our club from the inside, out. For that reason, I want him alone to spend his way out of this mess. He deserves his criticism. I'm sure while he's sinking a flute of Moet, while our club rusts away like a vintage car in the backyard, he'll appreciate your monetary support.
Moet’s not that good a Champagne @Ryan

I bought a bottle of Penfolds Grange 1996 3 weeks ago for the cellar. How about that?

Might keep that one for a special occasion !!

Needs to be kept cool, and constant temperature otherwise it will become Penfold Koonunga Hill!!

Yeah nah.

To be honest though, when they want cash from customers, at least they are pretty efficient with their media releases and fast pace timing on that subject matter.

I guess they can do things quickly when it revolves around handouts.

I'm sure their no news membership meeting charm offensive worked on some people.
I don’t mind that. Cheaper membership. I know the squad. I go to watch the players not the coach so it just needs someone to get them to play to their potential. At least they seemed to have listened to their focus group (the members council)

5 game suits me. I can’t get to all 10 with travel during the year and 3 isn’t enough so it’s a good mid point

Last edited:
I've never tasted Grange is it as good as it is hyped?

TBH I don’t think it is.

Whilst I have about 8 bottles of it ( various years ) I’ve drunk a few on special occasions and found it good but not great.

On the other hand Henschke Hill of Grace ( similar $$$$ and just as widely collected) is absolutely superb!!

I haven’t bought any of either for years as paying $600 for 1 bottle is in my opinion ridiculous!!

There’s so many great wines now in the $50-$80 range which are more affordable if you want a top notch drink.

Meanwhile I buy $15 bottles to enjoy on an everyday basis.

I just looked at the various packages and feel there isn't much change from last year, apart from the choice of merch. I want to rejoin (lapsed after Tooves) but the club hasn't given me any reason to. No coach announced, no denial of the Taylor story, and just the general basket case the joint has become. I just want a reason Lyall, one good announcement and I will jump at renewing, until then you won't see me at Brookie (F%%k Lottoland).

I was going to start a new thread for this but thought the better of it and will post here instead ......Sorry in advance for a long winded post but it was important to me and wanted to share some of it with you.....

Like many of you, I have struggled with justifying the renewal of my membership, the balls up with the coaching situation, perceived player indifference, general direction of the club not to mention the ill will towards the Penns ' . TBH, I was probably leaning towards renewal in any case because I believe it's the team I support and have done so for may years, taking the stance as I have said elsewhere, if I expect the Penns to cough up the dough then I should be prepared to do my bit to support the club even in bad times because regardless how we feel about certain individuals in the club, there remain many good people involved with this club from players through to Admin that DO deserve our support and at the end of the day, if we do not support the club then there is a very good chance we won't have a club to support.

Which brings me to something I want to share with you today, without going into specific detail, which I hope you respect, not only did I have concerns about the above, in my case I had a few other concerns that probably a few members in similar situation would also have, so decided to send an email to the membership team outlining those concerns before I committed to renew .

Honestly I expected a return email with fluff from the membership team, I was stunned to receive a call from the Man himself, Lyall Gorman, to discuss the email I had sent. Without going into specifics, not only was he very accommodating and understanding providing some answers, he immediately took action and made changes to address my concerns.

My point is this, Manly and indeed Lyall Gorman have copped a battering with all the negative press and criticism, some from within, some our own fault, these past 12 months and more, it has been tough year for us as members and supporters, but sometimes we forget it has also been a very tough year for our team, and the staff. We still have good people associated with this great club, and for Lyall to take the time as he did with me, in what is no doubt a very busy period says a great deal.

Not only did he take the time to address my concerns personally when he could have easily had the membership team respond, he took decisive action immediately. I also came away believing as has @Mitch and @The Wheel along with other members who have spoke to him that he is genuine in his desire to see Manly succeed and get back to where we aspire to. Lyall Gorman has my support as CEO as does the Manly Sea Eagles as he has shown to me he cares about the direction of this club and is taking steps to rectify some issues even if they are at first not obvious to us.

I would suggest the changes we are seeing are not Penn making moves for one reason or another, rather Lyall Gorman working behind the scenes quietly to enact change for the better.

Now, you may agree or disagree with me, everyone has a right to their opinions, but after today I feel a great deal more positive about the club and our future than I have these past few months .

I will also say this, regardless of the coaching appointment, after my discussion today not only am I renewing my wife and my membership but I am also signing up 3 more.That is how confident I am in this bloke.

Now before I get bagged a for expressing my opinion and sharing my experience saying I am sucked in to the sales spiel, bla bla I tell you this, I dont fall for salesman techniques and I love money, I do not part with it easily unless I am having a good time . I have dealt with CEO'S on a daily basis for the better part of 25 years so would like to think I have developed the a CEO BS radar from genuine so take what you will away from my experience and do as you please, but as of today I am 1 2019 member!!! and I hope you will be too.

Because I gotta tell ya MANLY ARE GOING TO BE GREAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Thank you

I was going to start a new thread for this but thought the better of it and will post here instead ......Sorry in advance for a long winded post but it was important to me and wanted to share some of it with you.....

Like many of you, I have struggled with justifying the renewal of my membership, the balls up with the coaching situation, perceived player indifference, general direction of the club not to mention the ill will towards the Penns ' . TBH, I was probably leaning towards renewal in any case because I believe it's the team I support and have done so for may years, taking the stance as I have said elsewhere, if I expect the Penns to cough up the dough then I should be prepared to do my bit to support the club even in bad times because regardless how we feel about certain individuals in the club, there remain many good people involved with this club from players through to Admin that DO deserve our support and at the end of the day, if we do not support the club then there is a very good chance we won't have a club to support.

Which brings me to something I want to share with you today, without going into specific detail, which I hope you respect, not only did I have concerns about the above, in my case I had a few other concerns that probably a few members in similar situation would also have, so decided to send an email to the membership team outlining those concerns before I committed to renew .

Honestly I expected a return email with fluff from the membership team, I was stunned to receive a call from the Man himself, Lyall Gorman, to discuss the email I had sent. Without going into specifics, not only was he very accommodating and understanding providing some answers, he immediately took action and made changes to address my concerns.

My point is this, Manly and indeed Lyall Gorman have copped a battering with all the negative press and criticism, some from within, some our own fault, these past 12 months and more, it has been tough year for us as members and supporters, but sometimes we forget it has also been a very tough year for our team, and the staff. We still have good people associated with this great club, and for Lyall to take the time as he did with me, in what is no doubt a very busy period says a great deal.

Not only did he take the time to address my concerns personally when he could have easily had the membership team respond, he took decisive action immediately. I also came away believing as has @Mitch and @The Wheel along with other members who have spoke to him that he is genuine in his desire to see Manly succeed and get back to where we aspire to. Lyall Gorman has my support as CEO as does the Manly Sea Eagles as he has shown to me he cares about the direction of this club and is taking steps to rectify some issues even if they are at first not obvious to us.

I would suggest the changes we are seeing are not Penn making moves for one reason or another, rather Lyall Gorman working behind the scenes quietly to enact change for the better.

Now, you may agree or disagree with me, everyone has a right to their opinions, but after today I feel a great deal more positive about the club and our future than I have these past few months .

I will also say this, regardless of the coaching appointment, after my discussion today not only am I renewing my wife and my membership but I am also signing up 3 more.That is how confident I am in this bloke.

Now before I get bagged a for expressing my opinion and sharing my experience saying I am sucked in to the sales spiel, bla bla I tell you this, I dont fall for salesman techniques and I love money, I do not part with it easily unless I am having a good time . I have dealt with CEO'S on a daily basis for the better part of 25 years so would like to think I have developed the a CEO BS radar from genuine so take what you will away from my experience and do as you please, but as of today I am 1 2019 member!!! and I hope you will be too.

Thank you
Thanks for sharing mate, good news is good news!

I too renewed my membership for the first time since Tooves was booted today. With Hasler's signature imminent and Lyall doing all the right things it seems (the direct fan engagement is a huge feather in his cap), I am confident our future is back in safe hands again.

GO MANLY

Thank you
Fantastic post and I concur.

I have been fortunate enough via being involved in membership council to see the hard work, passion and professionalism of the people involved in the club at present.

It takes a lot (including time) to change direction, culture and strategy of a reasonably large business plus overcome years of instability, lack of leadership and also I suspect a level of incompetence.

This may frustrate some members but there has been so much work done and of course more to do.

In Lyall and the wider team we have a plan and a way forward which will become clearer overtime. Keep the faith we finally have a ‘good in’ in Lyall.

If you haven’t rejoined as a member I encourage you to do so. If you are not a member or have let your membership lapse in the past maybe the time is right now to join?

You can enjoy the ride back to the top, be proud of our club and be able to say I was part of it.

Last edited:
Fantastic post and I concur.

I have been fortunate enough via being involved in membership council to see the hard work, passion and professionalism of the people involved in the club at present.

It takes a lot to change direction, culture and strategy of a reasonably large business plus overcome years of instability, lack of leadership and also I suspect a level of incompetence.

This may frustrate some members but there has been so much work done and of course more to do.

In Lyall and the wider team we have a plan and a way forward which will become clearer overtime. Keep the faith we finally have a ‘good in’ in Lyall.

If you haven’t rejoined as a member I encourage you to do so. If you are not a member or have let your membership lapse in the past maybe the time is right now to join?

You can enjoy the ride back to the top, be proud of our club and be able to say I was part of it.
I think its fantastic you give your time for the cause....
After some long dark days its nice to see some positives starting to show and the general feeling returning. Going to be a heck of a ride

I bought a bottle of Penfolds Grange 1996 3 weeks ago for the cellar. How about that?

Might keep that one for a special occasion !!

And don’t forget to post your address prior to opening so we can help you enjoy it.

And speaking from experience, don’t drink a bottle of cheap plonk before the more exquisite drop, as they tend to taste the same after the first one. I may have also prepared for the ocassion after a few beers.

Didn't renew when Tooves got booted and haven't. I will IF they get their sh*t together and appoint Manly blood as coaching dept.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7