Membership Loyalty Pins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jimmyb713

Just saw on the website that achievements will not be back dated. So even though this is my 3rd year as a member I won't get a 2 year pin but will have to wait until 5 yrs. Thats fine I suppose, but I think it's a bit rough for those out there who may be in their 16th season to be told sorry you don't get a 15 yr pin you have to wait till 20 yrs. Thoughts?

RE: Achievement pins

This from m'ship group who couldn't get m'ship paid for in Nov,out until Jan....and daughter is still waiting for hers (ordered together-sent seperate?).And the caps don't come with the package (again),I have to try to get to Brookvale before the first game at Suncorp,to get the caps.

Ahh, I read that differently.

I thought it was a reference to the rule that if you miss out on membership renewal for a year, your 'length of continuous' membership resets (which is fair enough).

I didn't think it meant that if had 3 continuous years they don't send you a 2 yr pin and you have to wait till 5 years.

Probably an @[Larissa] confirmation needed.

If indeed you are correct, maybe the club can offer those the choice to buy previous milestone pins. So if a member has indeed been a member for 20 years, they can also have the choice to buy the 2,5,10, and 15 yr pins if they want to.

However, it's a great new project Manly have started and bound to have a few teething problems. Also there wasn't even pins in the past so we shouldn't get too hung up about it, the club and all of us other members still value the support by all the other members.

Happy families, happy days! Happily Manly! ;)

Yes I'm a bit confused by the loyalty pins. I was expecting my 5 year pin with my package but didn't receive one. Also annoyed about caps not being sent. As an out-of-town member I get to Brookvale two or three times a year but it may be well into the season before I do. In the meantime my cap is sitting at the factory outlet getting very lonely and not proudly on my head.

When are the Loyalty pins being sent?

My Membership card correctly states member since 2008, but no pin was in the Maroon Membership pack :huh:

The caps issue needs to be resolved for the loyal fans who buy memberships but can not get to Brookie.
Hopefully they can be redeemed at away games.

ayjay007 said:
This from m'ship group who couldn't get m'ship paid for in Nov,out until Jan....and daughter is still waiting for hers (ordered together-sent seperate?).And the caps don't come with the package (again),I have to try to get to Brookvale before the first game at Suncorp,to get the caps.

Please do be aware that the purchase of a membership is for the season coming up, which commences in March. Unfortunately the nature of membership does not allow us to send the pack out as soon as it is purchased. We could hold off going on sale until mid December, but this would not allow us to make the most of the momentum generated off the back of the last season.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you, in particular your daughter, please give the Membership Team a call on 02 9970 3000 or drop us an email to [email protected] if you need any assistance at all.

globaleagle said:
Ahh, I read that differently.

I thought it was a reference to the rule that if you miss out on membership renewal for a year, your 'length of continuous' membership resets (which is fair enough).

I didn't think it meant that if had 3 continuous years they don't send you a 2 yr pin and you have to wait till 5 years.

Probably an @[Larissa] confirmation needed.

If indeed you are correct, maybe the club can offer those the choice to buy previous milestone pins. So if a member has indeed been a member for 20 years, they can also have the choice to buy the 2,5,10, and 15 yr pins if they want to.

However, it's a great new project Manly have started and bound to have a few teething problems. Also there wasn't even pins in the past so we shouldn't get too hung up about it, the club and all of us other members still value the support by all the other members.

Happy families, happy days! Happily Manly! ;)

You are both correct.

If a member lapses a year in membership, their length of tenure is reset. The is done to encourage Members to stay on board, even with a supporter membership, if they are unable to attend games.

In terms of back dating pins, as it stands we will not be sending out pins to those Members who have passed a milestone. For example, if I am a 7 year member i will not be getting a 5 year member pin in the post. I will receive a 10 year member pin when I reach that milestone.

I am sad to say is purely because we cannot financially afford to produce this number of pins. The cost would be extremely high and would prevent us from running the program. Recognising Member Loyalty is hugely important to me, and the Club, but we are in an environment where we do need to spend within our means because we are running at a loss.

I hope you can all understand that our intentions are to recognise Members the best that we can.

Frank said:
Yes I'm a bit confused by the loyalty pins. I was expecting my 5 year pin with my package but didn't receive one. Also annoyed about caps not being sent. As an out-of-town member I get to Brookvale two or three times a year but it may be well into the season before I do. In the meantime my cap is sitting at the factory outlet getting very lonely and not proudly on my head.

Do you mind letting me know what kind of Membership you hold Frank?

Anyone purchasing a non-ticketed membership should be sent their cap with their pack.

HappilyManly said:
When are the Loyalty pins being sent?

My Membership card correctly states member since 2008, but no pin was in the Maroon Membership pack :huh:

The caps issue needs to be resolved for the loyal fans who buy memberships but can not get to Brookie.
Hopefully they can be redeemed at away games.

The Membership loyalty program will be fulfilled at the start of the season. Most likely March or early April.

All non-ticketed Members should have received their packs in the post, if this is not the case please email the Membership Team at [email protected] or call 02 9970 3000.

Larissa,

In response to your earlier question I am a White Wings (3 games) member. I also take up the option of Leagues club and Football club membership.

I assume that my membership is a ticketed membership and as such means that my cap isn't sent with my pack. However, as I said in my earlier post I may not get to a game until well into the season as I am quite specific as to which games I can attend. I don't live in Sydney and I bring my kids to each game and we like to stay overnight. This means I usually go to Saturday night games.

Looking at the draw the first game to fit the above criteria is in Round 11 against the Raiders. Now I'm from Canberra and Manly is playing an away game down here in Round 24. I won't be missing that since it's the first away game Manly has played in Canberra since 1956 ! In light of this I would rather go to Brookvale to see us play another team. Looking back at the draw there is no other Saturday night game for the first 20 rounds. Plenty of Monday night games though:mad:! What happens after Round 20 is anyone's guess. So I may end up coming up for the Round 11 game anyway.

Regardless, it's still a long time to wait for my cap. What I don't understand is why the club wouldn't want to get as many caps out there as possible, and as early as possible, to advertise the brand. Particularly membership caps.

Regards

Frank said:
Larissa,

In response to your earlier question I am a White Wings (3 games) member. I also take up the option of Leagues club and Football club membership.

I assume that my membership is a ticketed membership and as such means that my cap isn't sent with my pack. However, as I said in my earlier post I may not get to a game until well into the season as I am quite specific as to which games I can attend. I don't live in Sydney and I bring my kids to each game and we like to stay overnight. This means I usually go to Saturday night games.

Looking at the draw the first game to fit the above criteria is in Round 11 against the Raiders. Now I'm from Canberra and Manly is playing an away game down here in Round 24. I won't be missing that since it's the first away game Manly has played in Canberra since 1956 ! In light of this I would rather go to Brookvale to see us play another team. Looking back at the draw there is no other Saturday night game for the first 20 rounds. Plenty of Monday night games though:mad:! What happens after Round 20 is anyone's guess. So I may end up coming up for the Round 11 game anyway.

Regardless, it's still a long time to wait for my cap. What I don't understand is why the club wouldn't want to get as many caps out there as possible, and as early as possible, to advertise the brand. Particularly membership caps.

Regards

Thanks for your response.

That's correct, as a three game Member you are considered ticketed and consequently your cap would not be automatically sent in the post. Having said that we will be communicating to all Members shortly giving them the option to pay a postage fee to have their cap posted if they aren't able to make it to a game early in the season. You should receive this email from the team in the next fortnight.

It's certainly not a case of us not wanting caps out there. Posting a cap is far more expensive than the standard membership pack, if we were to send all caps out with membership cards the cost of membership would be driven up. This is not something we want to do when comparitively the number of Members needing the service is low.

If you need a hand with anything relating to your Membership, the best way to get in touch is either by emailing the Membership Team at [email protected] or by calling 02 9970 3000. Whilst I am here checking up when I can, I cant guarantee being able to get back to people quickly so these are always the best option.

Hope you are surviving the heat! It's hot here at Narrabeen and I'm keeping my fingers crossed the bushland around us stays unlit!!

We are all very excited about Canberra too. I will definitely be making the trip!

Cheers & Go Manly!

Like always Larissa right on the ball....We appreciate your responses in clearing up issues.

Im like Frank and dont get to Brookvale very often (especially this year with the cr@p draw we have)

Can I suggest you just get us to tick a box, if we want postage, and charge extra for the postage when we renew. Save alot of hassles and emails.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the response Larissa. I also agree with Frogz and am happy to pay extra to get the cap sent out. Hope to see you in Round 24.

Jatz Crackers said:
Good suggestion Frogz.

That's what I thought too so I gave him a "LIKE" :)

Can everyone just keep in mind that we become members to help and support the club.

We shouldn't be feeling aggreived at missing out on any new initiatives the club comes up with to entice new members. We must keep the big picture in mind rather than taking the immature "he got one, where's mine" attitude.
As long as the membership has a game ticket, who cares?

Achievement pins

Duff said:
Can everyone just keep in mind that we become members to help and support the club.

We shouldn't be feeling aggreived at missing out on any new initiatives the club comes up with to entice new members. We must keep the big picture in mind rather than taking the immature "he got one, where's mine" attitude.

The way I feel about it - it's to make sure we are never are put in a position like we were during the merger

Duff said:

Well said Duff.

Larissa said:
Frank said:
Larissa,

Regards

Thanks for your response.

That's correct, as a three game Member you are considered ticketed and consequently your cap would not be automatically sent in the post. Having said that we will be communicating to all Members shortly giving them the option to pay a postage fee to have their cap posted if they aren't able to make it to a game early in the season. You should receive this email from the team in the next fortnight.

It's certainly not a case of us not wanting caps out there. Posting a cap is far more expensive than the standard membership pack, if we were to send all caps out with membership cards the cost of membership would be driven up. This is not something we want to do when comparitively the number of Members needing the service is low.

If you need a hand with anything relating to your Membership, the best way to get in touch is either by emailing the Membership Team at [email protected] or by calling 02 9970 3000. Whilst I am here checking up when I can, I cant guarantee being able to get back to people quickly so these are always the best option.

Hope you are surviving the heat! It's hot here at Narrabeen and I'm keeping my fingers crossed the bushland around us stays unlit!!

We are all very excited about Canberra too. I will definitely be making the trip!

Cheers & Go Manly!

Larissa,I can't understand how postage can be an issue,when our 2 memberships that were ordered together,were posted seperately (2 postage costs).If this was an issue,I would have thought that posting the 2 together would be the fiscally better option!

Cant believe people are worried about some pin. Seriously who cares?? As Duff said previously it's all about supporting the club not about getting a pin after 5 or 10 years. All I want is my club to be successful and around for years to come. Stuff the pins!!

the mauler said:
Cant believe people are worried about some pin. Seriously who cares?? As Duff said previously it's all about supporting the club not about getting a pin after 5 or 10 years. All I want is my club to be successful and around for years to come. Stuff the pins!!

Stop talking sense and have a whinge.

I wish NRL supporters would take the mindset of AFL supporters, they see it as an honor and a privileged to be a member of their club and they get nothing for it in comparison to what we get This goes for all clubs.

I would rather support the club and just get a game ticket if it meant we would be financially viable in the long term, it's easy to forget the Northern Eagles days for some, but i don't and i never want to see our club in a situation like that again...

Jonesyv2 said:
I wish NRL supporters would take the mindset of AFL supporters, they see it as an honor and a privileged to be a member of their club and they get nothing for it in comparison to what we get This goes for all clubs.

I would rather support the club and just get a game ticket if it meant we would be financially viable in the long term, it's easy to forget the Northern Eagles days for some, but i don't and i never want to see our club in a situation like that again...

Well said. Some here need to get a serious grip. Some would do well to remember 2000 and 2001 and how they were the most un inspiring seasons in memory because manly weren't involved. I renew my membership to help see those two season never happen again.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6