Melbourne Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Been thinking about The Melbourne Storm, and how they've remained strong. Consider the losses of these players in the past 3-4 years (Noting some players HAVE returned):-

02. Steve Turner
03. Israel Falou
04. Matt King
05. Will Chambers
06. Greg Inglis
07. Brett Finch
08. Brett White
10. Adam Blair
11. Ryan Hoffman
12. Michael Crocker
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Ryan Tandy
15. Antonio Kaufusi
16. Sam Tagatese
17. Clint Newton

What I'm trying to say here, is that a lot of a teams success is based on culture, a system, and a solid spine. Yeah, in the past few years we may have lost Tasi, JWH, Hodkinson, Hopoate & now Williams & Lussick, but it happens.

If we have a strong enough base and culture, we can and will continue to thrive.

Melbourne also support their top tier players with under rated players in other areas who excel under Bellamy. We can do this as well, as is our track record with guys like Rose, Hall, Bryant & co.

Ok, we may lose T-Rex, Lussick and a few others...but keep the engine room, and it's all good.

I think what you are saying is that you can't buy a premiership...
no, wait, that's what Melbourne did. Ummm?

1 Will Hopoate
2 Michael Robertson
3 Steve Bell
4 Chris Bailey
5 Chris Hicks
6 Travis Burns
7 Matt Orford
8 Josh Perry
9 Michael Monaghan
10 Mark Bryant
11 Steve Menzies
12 Glen Hall
13 Ben Kennedy

14 Heath L'Estrange
15 Shane Rodney
16 Luke Williamson
17 JWH

Ryan, in that Storm side you listed, you could move Inglis to fullback and put James Maloney at 6.

Their 9, 7 and 1 is the constant, and they are all very, very good players. Our 1 and 7 are their equal, but we are a little behind in the 9 department. However we have much more talent in 6, 3 and 4 areas.

If we retain Snake, Matai and Whare then we are still a very competitive side for the next 2-3 years.

bones said:
1 Will Hopoate
2 Michael Robertson
3 Steve Bell
5 Chris Hicks
6 Travis Burns
7 Matt Orford
8 Jared Wareara Hargreaves
9 Michael Monaghan
10 Mark Bryant
11 Steve Menzies
12 Glen Hall
13 Shane Rodney

14 Heath L'Estrange
15 Lama Tasi
17 Dogkinson

Ryan, in that Storm side you listed, you could move Inglis to fullback and put James Maloney at 6.

Bones you forgot about the great Shane Neumann at 4. Teddy Perry can push JWH back to the bench. Drop Hodko and Willo is your bench utility

Chip and Chase said:
Their 9, 7 and 1 is the constant, and they are all very, very good players. Our 1 and 7 are their equal, but we are a little behind in the 9 department. However we have much more talent in 6, 3 and 4 areas.

If we retain Snake, Matai and Whare then we are still a very competitive side for the next 2-3 years.

bones said:
1 Will Hopoate
2 Michael Robertson
3 Steve Bell
5 Chris Hicks
6 Travis Burns
7 Matt Orford
9 Michael Monaghan
10 Mark Bryant
11 Steve Menzies
12 Glen Hall
13 Shane Rodney

14 Heath L'Estrange
15 Lama Tasi
17 Dogkinson

Bones you forgot about the great Shane Neumann at 4. Teddy Perry can push JWH back to the bench. Drop Hodko and Willo is your bench utility

Cheers mate... Done. Felt so good dropping Dogkinson. :)
Can't believe I forgot Perry Josh

bones said:
Chip and Chase said:

bones said:
1 Will Hopoate
2 Michael Robertson
3 Steve Bell
5 Chris Hicks
6 Travis Burns
7 Matt Orford
9 Michael Monaghan
10 Mark Bryant
11 Steve Menzies
12 Glen Hall
13 Shane Rodney

14 Heath L'Estrange
15 Lama Tasi
17 Dogkinson

I can't believe Bailey didn't even get a run in your "players who have left side".

mozgrame said:
bones said:
Chip and Chase said:

bones said:
1 Will Hopoate
2 Michael Robertson
3 Steve Bell
5 Chris Hicks
6 Travis Burns
7 Matt Orford
9 Michael Monaghan
10 Mark Bryant
11 Steve Menzies
12 Glen Hall
13 Shane Rodney

14 Heath L'Estrange
15 Lama Tasi
17 Dogkinson

I can't believe Bailey didn't even get a run in your "players who have left side".

Bailey in centres instead of Neumann. :)

Ryan said:
Talk about a hearty thread hijak.

Your first post was a good point well made. I reckon if you threw Melbourne's 1,7,9 in at Canberra they'd be a top 4 team easily. Luckily we have a marquee #6 in our "spine" as well. Without injury Manly will be a top 4 side for the next 5yrs at least.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6