Melbourne Storm and Brisbane Broncos benefitting from favourable penalty counts at home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Forget 'Fortress Brookvale', it's Melbourne Storm and Brisbane Broncos who have benefited most when it comes to home crowds influencing NRL referees this season.

Read the full article

Its one thing i dont get about the refs. A ref should ref every play as they see it. I hate when they bring a preconceived idea of a player into a game, eg, watch choc or glen. How can that be reffing what they see.

The fact that they are coached to watch certain players right there sends a message they are not reffing the play fairly. Everyone changes and a player copping penalties for his repuatation, last week or last year is not reffing at all

proof that people change is that the NRL once decided some of these clowns were up to the standard when i can now say some are not.

It is without doubt discrimination

If the refs had confidenece to ref what they see, repeat offenders would only be something the judiciary handles and home town advantage would be less visable

Uppercuts and cement trucks all round

No-one needed stats to know that penalties favour home sides 80% of the time. It's human nature that a biased home crowd would influence referees. What these stats tell me, however, is that there is an obvious bias by refs against us no matter where we play.

Funnily enough (and as much as I hate defend the scum and the Donkeys), the home advantage in terms of penality counts is no better for the aforementioned teams than it is for the Tigpies, Warriors or Cowpats. Manly are the only top 8 team to not enjoy a huge advantage at home this season. Effectively Manly are the only top 8 side that can put their season down to doing all the hard work themselves, all others have been given a leg up by refs, and they are the ones with the best home record.

Yes. The players have done it all themselves. And we also gave away two home matches.
Don't think Melbourne or Brisbane would be so generous.

The Who said:
No-one needed stats to know that penalties favour home sides 80% of the time. It's human nature that a biased home crowd would influence referees. What these stats tell me, however, is that there is an obvious bias by refs against us no matter where we play.

What the article is getting at, is that Manly don't get that same favour, either implying that there is different treatment or our discipline is effectively poor.

I would go with the first

And people keep telling me that the Super League war is dead and buried.
Interesting stat but hardly surprising!!!

And wait until you see the leg up the Broncos receive against us in Round 26. It will be borderline cheating!!!

What is the betting that the Broncos will win the penalties - $1.01???

The Storm one is the most surprising, especially since they lose the penalty count badly away from home

I think they should admit that crowds can influence the ref. What better way of boosting attendance then to say you can actually help influence the result by showing your support!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4