Melbourne arrangements (Round 24) for anyone heading down.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Despite my rant in "NRL Scheduling" the Melbourne trip (put together just over a week ago) has been a raging success. As of late this afternoon (Thurday 6th) there's almost 90 heading "down south". The cut off for rooms / tickets etc is in fact Friday the 7th but to be honest we are "almost" at the limit so you'll need to call us very early on Friday if wanting to go, details are on www.mwse.com.au

For those already down there, or not part of my trip here's the details of get togethers etc.

"Manly Central" is the Rydges Hotel 186 Exhibition Street.

Quite a number arrive on Friday but the bulk arrive Saturday and return Sunday. Quite a few have elected to stay longer and travel back Monday.

First social "get together" will be in the downstairs Bar of the Rydges from 4.30pm on Saturday, this will be BYO drinks and some food is being put on courtesy of my business (no cost to anyone just a thanks for coming)...Vidmar is one who will be there early (Friday) so he will post details of meeting points and times for anyone down there early.

The get together will go from 4.30pm to 6.00pm (and then maybe onwards for those not doing the AFL)

There are around 30 booked in for the AFL, Saturday night at the "G" which is sure to be a great experience for those that have never been to the MCG, it's HUGE.

Sundays official function (which we hope will include some players who are not playing, perhaps some coaching staff and certainly the Football Club are sending a few Board Members down) is also at the Rydges Hotel.This will commence at 11.00am and run through to 1.00pm, at which point those booked on my tour will depart by coach to Olympic Park for the big game.

As there will be 90 of us at the game in one spot we should make the TV, so keep an eye out for us and hope you hear us cheer!!

GO MANLY

Mark can you let us know where the Manly contigent will be seated so we can purchase tix accordingly. Cheers

We get in on Friday so will be planning a get together if people are interested in catching up.
Great effort by the Travelling Supporthas by the numbers we will get and no doubt there will be lot's of 40-nil's heard over the weekend.
Mark, Chris and the club have done a great job in getting this up and running in such a short space of time.
Will update on Frodays plan on here as we get closer
Cheers
Vid
PS Can any locals advise of a kid friendly pub close to Rydges and also do they show Friday night footy in MLB?

Vid,

I have stayed at the Rydge's before and there is quite a nice pub on the opposite corner (looking left as you exit the hotel). Even better for you it is a pommy themed bub.

Mark, if I don't make this bus I will donate a days pay to charity!

Corso_Pete link said:
Even better for you it is a pommy themed bub.\"

Thanks for that Pete, re bub (pub?) - Great!, means I won't need to shower and can drink warm beer and moan about the weather........

Does anyone know the name of the pub?

Mark, if I don't make this bus I will donate a days pay to charity!

Sussed you out Pete - you know that if you get the hat trick of missed rides it means you get to keep the match bus - not bad for a days wages to charity?

Pete, as long as you come to the function you'll make the bus as I'll be "hearding" the people booked on my tour onto the bus around 1.00pm.

It's a great result guys, almost 90 people going down, and if you compare that to 2008 (as Vid tells me) there were about 9 people there.

The Travelling Supportahs are gaining momentum!!

Contaggo

I am not sure yet, and even the club wouldn't know yet as the Storm have been keeping 100 seats for us "somewhere", might know next week sometime e-mail to ask then.

Mark

Vid. Plenty of pubs within walking distance mate. One good thing about Melbourne is in the CBD you cant walk 100 metres without stumbling across a pub!!

mark, seems liek the Nrl are organising that as well

:p

Clon, that might be true but just like sydney 100m can make a lot of difference

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7