Meet the three Chee-Kam brothers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

Sea Eagles forward brothers Livingstone, Michael and Ezera Chee-Kam at Brookvale Oval, Picture: Phil Rogers.

SEA Eagles prop Michael Chee-Kam has revealed his dream of emulating the Burgess brothers by one day playing first grade alongside his younger siblings at the Sea Eagles.

And the first steps towards achieving that goal will occur on Saturday at Brookvale Oval when his brothers line up in Manly’s junior representative sides.

Seventeen-year-old Ezera will play centre in the SG Ball side against Perth while Livingstone, 14, is a prop in the Harold Matthews team playing South Western Sydney Academy.

GRANDAD INSPIRES A SEA EAGLE IN HIS BIGGEST EVER GAME

“I used to make them play in the front yard and tackle each other,” Michael said.

“But now I can see them coming through the ranks and I’m very proud.”

Livingstone, Michael and Ezera Chee-Kam training this week. Picture: Phil Rogers. .

The Chee-Kam brothers are close and live together in the family home at Collaroy.

“My dad Tusi has played a big part in this,” Michael said.

“He is a machine operator and after a 12 hour shift he will take the boys to training.

“It is a big sacrifice but he loves seeing the boys coming up.”

And Michael will in the crowd at Brookie to watch his brothers run around.

“It would be a dream come true to one day to get to play with the boys,” Michael said.

“They have a good system here and will learn a lot if they really listen.

776995-40d3ffea-b33a-11e4-ac19-09a3372448d5.jpg

The Chee-Kam brothers could one all play together with the Sea Eagles.

“But I’m a bit older so I will have to try and stick around longer so I can get to play with them.”

Ezera, a year 12 student at Cromer High, said can’t wait to pull on his Sea Eagles jumper today.

“It is a blessing and I am thankful to have the opportunity here,” he said.

Livingstone, who is in year nine, already tips the scales at 104kg.

“He’s a big unit, he eats all the food,” Michael laughed.

But Livingstone is not so keen about playing alongside his brothers.

“I want to play opposite them, I want to belt them,” he said.

777054-8fba0244-b33a-11e4-ac19-09a3372448d5.jpg

Michael Chee-Kam in action for the Sea Eagles during the Auckland Nnes. Picture: Getty Images.

This is also shaping up a watershed season for the eldest brother Michael who comes off contract at the end of the season.

“I’ve been here for three years now coming up and I’ve got to try and make the most of it because I want to stay here,” Michael said.

He also wants to repay the faith shown in him by coach Geoff Toovey over. the past two seasons.

The Harold Matthews kicks off at 10am and the SG Ball at 11.30.

Last edited by a moderator:
MCK a prop ?? When did that happen ? He must have been on some good gear because he didn't look anything like a prop last year.

Would be great in the future to have the team full of Trbojevics and Chee-Kams playing with the same quality as the Stewarts,Morrises,Burgesses,Blakes,Johns etc.

So with three of them, there'd be a half chance that one of them isn't injured at any given time then right?

MCK a prop ?? When did that happen ? He must have been on some good gear because he didn't look anything like a prop last year.
Yes Chippy the media maggots have got it right once again . Chee Kam is a prop , DCE is going to the Gold Coast and Foran is going to Siberia LOL

Last edited:
MCK will need a massive year or a god pay cut to be pulling on our colours again Nexted year, because to date he's showed us squat........

Absolutely true but this year is his best shot at this stage of the season and those at the club do rate him highly.

At least he has shown interest and loyalty in staying on and yes he wont get the same deal again if injuries strike.

Add to that he seems to have brought a bit of a footy clan with him which can only be good.

He'll have the opportunity, and hopefully take it because the reality is we need another top class back rower to come through.

Horo and Symonds will probably hold the spots until that time comes.

"Dang EagleI hope he comes good. He seems to love the place and that's the type of player we want."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6