Media Idiots

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Prior to the win on the weekend we were written off pretty much everywhere, with an and every media outlet lining up to stick the knife in.

Now on the back of an encouraging win the idiots in the media have all but said we're a sure thing against the sCamless Storm and what a wonderful story we now are.

So it looks like the end game of theirs was to beat us into submission just so they can now write all these upbeat stories if we win a few. Suli's redemption! Overcoming adversity! DCE - so good! A true leader! Gutsy! But no mention of the cap lies! No mention of the other countless fabrications!

Welcome to the 2018 media cycle...

Listening to the Podcast of Triple MMM from Sunday morning, Kent and Hooper were giving a spray to DCE about his post match comments ‘that we get our season back on track’. Whilst i agree that he probably shouldn’t make that sort of statement until we string a couple of back to back wins, the emotional relief he probably felt after that game was what they should have talked up.

Then they kept on sticking the boot into him saying that being the biggest earner in the team he should be playing out of his skin every week. I was waiting for the reference to JT being the top money earner and how well Nth Qld have been going without the same injury issues, media backlash etc... surprise, surprise never came.

Then there is Rothtool and that Roosters will have a fight on their hands to get Taupau from the Sharks... Hooper said he spoke to
Baz twice and both times told that Marty is here to stay, yet still goes on with ‘there’s more to come...’ Kent said that Marty would help relieve the pressure and would be attractive to other clubs if Manly paid some of the freight.. that makes sense that we would let him move whilst paying freight for a player with a contract until the end of 2020. I know ppl will reference Myles but I’m sure the club wouldn’t repeat something similar with another high earner. IF the club reluctantly decided let him go it would be for his full contract value not partial.

I hope the players seriously don’t buy into any positive news about them and play with a chip on their shoulder for the rest of the season. Winners are grinners and Manly winning makes the media the loser so here’s hoping that Saturday is the start of of some good displays on the field.

Trent Barrett said in the presser and again this morning on BSB that he has learnt a lot over the last few weeks and by that i hope he meant that no matter what he says or does the media will always be against the club and only inflate our tyres to ensure that when we fall it’s from a higher place than other clubs.

Don't forget Greenturd pleading with the media to #talkupthegame which translates to #F@(kManlyover any chance you get, and all these flogs (Rothfool, Karnt, Hoopless etc) are more than happy to do just that. This is nothing more than an anti Manly propaganda campaign. Todd Goebbels has his minions doing their bit and the retards that read this drivel are happy to choke it down. I've got a slime supporter mate that's STILL telling me the bears are going to buy out the club, even after I pointed out it was a hoax to begin with and that the Football club wouldn't be selling their shares so even if it happened the 'bears' would still be playing at brookie and wearing manly jersey's, he just says 'Dean Richie stands by the story'.

Manly hate sells it seems, so unless we actually see Penn in financial difficulty or players leaving just take what the 'media' (aka the NRL propaganda unit) with an entire kilo of salt.

No matter what Cherry said after the game, these fools were always going to put the boot in as they clearly don't like him and hammer him every chance they get.

If he didn't talk at all he'd be the worlds worst, if he talked us down he wouldn't be a leader etc etc.

I for one do think it's got our season back on track in that we played the way we know we can and we just about got the last 2 games as well.

We would've beaten the roosters with an inch of luck playing the way we play but we threw the game away against Newcastle as we looked scared and played within ourselves.

We're back on track the last 2 weeks as we're attacking the way we should. That helps our season and gives us a chance in games.

Cherry will never be a media darling and he'll cop that from the idiot biased media while ever he plays for us. If he did play for someone else (hope that never happens) it would be a different story. They'd talk him up then.

I can't even bring myself to watch the league shows on any channel now.

They're all just biased wankers who say whatever they think will get clicks on the websites or tune people into the tv.

Not much has any basis anymore and is all just rumour or lies to sensational the stories they want out there.

Very sad state of affairs these days with the media.

I have found it much better since I don't read or watch as much..I get all the info and stories from this site...and that's bad enough

No matter what Cherry said after the game, these fools were always going to put the boot in as they clearly don't like him and hammer him every chance they get.

If he didn't talk at all he'd be the worlds worst, if he talked us down he wouldn't be a leader etc etc.

I for one do think it's got our season back on track in that we played the way we know we can and we just about got the last 2 games as well.

We would've beaten the roosters with an inch of luck playing the way we play but we threw the game away against Newcastle as we looked scared and played within ourselves.

We're back on track the last 2 weeks as we're attacking the way we should. That helps our season and gives us a chance in games.

Cherry will never be a media darling and he'll cop that from the idiot biased media while ever he plays for us. If he did play for someone else (hope that never happens) it would be a different story. They'd talk him up then.

They're all just biased wankers who say whatever they think will get clicks on the websites or tune people into the tv.

Not much has any basis anymore and is all just rumour or lies to sensational the stories they want out there.

I have found it much better since I don't read or watch as much..I get all the info and stories from this site...and that's bad enough

My daughter works pretty high up in the media department of RMIT University in Melbourne ( and nothing to do with sports journalism but let me digress ) and we had a long and interesting discussion during the last 12 months about TV/Newspapers/Magazines and this is pretty much exactly what she was saying, TV is stuffed without live sport and they’ll create stupid , self bashing shows to attract viewers outside of the live game. That and “ reality shows” are the only thing they have going for them.

Newspapers are screwed BUT they are trying their best with digital subscriptions , pay walls and making **** up to sell it ( her words not mine).

Magazines are truly ****ed , apart from the ones that put trashy stories on the front cover ( you know the ones I mean).

In relation to the sports journos ( we discussed this) and their twitter accounts she said they might hear a snippet of something and then make up a whole lot of **** to get you to click ( and be subjected to advertising to do so) but most is absolute bull****.

What a world we live in!!

Indeed ,also I am wanting to know why the there hasn't been a rash of club implosion stores on the salary cap and the the flea bitten Dog's.
The only story I read was that they had 800k to sign 14 or 15 players ,and that Lyn Anderson (wasn't she a singer in a previous life?) said that the dogs would never pay a player to play for another club ever again,which on that basis means they will end up with a squad maybe of 20.
So it seems that Greenburg's big plan to win 5 premierships at the dogs never happened and in-fact he inadvertently blundered into setting them up for short term disappointment and long term failure of the most egregious kind.
Well done Greenburg you have done to the dogs what you are now doing to the NRL totally f*&^% it from the inside out .
That takes a special talent and deft touch.
So back to my point why haven't the media lackeys and lick spittle's got onto this and started drawing a few threads together to weave into the rich tapestry of failure and ineptitude that is the dogs cap and Greenburgs part in it.Why are there not headlines screaming Dogs set to implode,,,,which player will be the first to be punted/sacked/traded/walked/not spoken too/yelled at/treated mean/ called late for dinner etc etc ?
Why ? ,because Todd controls them as "advocates" (the Goebels model) and wants to #talkthegameup ,where as if they were real journalists of which most are not they would simply focus on #talkthetruthaboutthegame or better still #talkaboutthecrimesofgreenburg

Great win on Saturday and I'm loving big Mo Suli in the side and if we do get Hodgko, Mo s/b on the wing and Matt Wright on the bench or even younger brother Tom Wright
Go Manly!

Last edited:
Indeed ,also I am wanting to know why the there hasn't been a rash of club implosion stores on the salary cap and the the flea bitten Dog's.
The only story I read was that they had 800k to sign 14 or 15 players ,and that Lyn Anderson (want she a singer in a previous life?) said that the dogs would never pay a player to play for another club ever again,which on that basis means they will end up with a squad maybe of 20.
So it seems that Greenburg's big plan to win 5 premierships at the dogs never happened and in-fact he inadvertently blundered into setting them up for short term disappointment and long term failure of the most egregious kind.
Well done Greenburg you have done to the dogs what you are now doing to the NRL totally f*&^% it from the inside out .
That takes a special talent and deft touch.
So back to my point why haven't the media lackeys and lick spittle's got onto this and started drawing a few threads together to weave into the rich tapestry of failure and ineptitude that is the dogs cap and Greenburgs part in it.Why are there not headlines screaming Dogs set to implode,,,,which player will be the first to be punted/sacked/traded/walked/not spoken too/yelled at/treated mean/ called late for dinner etc etc ?
Why ? ,because Todd controls them as "advocates" (the Goebels model) and wants to #talkthegameup ,where as if they were real journalists of which most are not they would simply focus on #talkthetruthaboutthegame or better still #talkaboutthecrimesofgreenburg

Great win on Saturday and I'm loving big Mo Suli in the side and if we do get Hodgko, Mo s/b on the wing and Matt Wright on the bench or even younger brother Tom Wright
Go Manly!
It's the same reason they refuse to talk about how the Gold Coast is and will always be a complete failure as a club - instead they paint their failure as being entirely DCE's fault (but of course!)

Cherry should've channelled his 2005 Chris Heighinton impersonation for the interview.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/commen...johns_interviewing/?utm_source=reddit-android

Just noticed Pi^shead on 360 desperately holding onto the table and his chair like he was about to go arse over head. Those Monday happy hours must be a ripper.

I caught the end of an AFL footy show the other night, and have one on as background noise whilst reading atm...

They actually promote their game!! I mean... WHAT FOUL WIZARDRY IS THIS!!!

Good interviews, real talk about their game, and from the limited time I’ve watched, zero muck raking and attacking of clubs or players in their game.

The NRL could actually learn a lot from this, but would rather painfully inept journalists and piss poor click bait reporting to run rampant... Toddy wants players and coaches to talk up the game but uses his pet court jester to continually attack one of the proudest clubs in the game in a way that borders on slander at every opportunity: and the rest of them are happy to follow suit.

I’d love our guys to go all the way, and ignore Greenturd totally as they collect the trophy :)

I caught the end of an AFL footy show the other night, and have one on as background noise whilst reading atm...

They actually promote their game!! I mean... WHAT FOUL WIZARDRY IS THIS!!!

Those guys have been light years ahead for years. Very informative and entertaining. It's like comparing Rothfield to Albert Einstein.

News Ltd site today...

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/p...s/news-story/bfeaf152fd3362fbd4fb320e49d82d92

The man known as Fatty scored early in a conversation with co-caller Matt Thompson, who asked a, shall we say questionable, question to the Roosters great early in proceedings at the SCG.

“Can I ask you Paul, when you play on a round field like this, is it hard to get your bearings?” Thompson asked

Roosters great??? wtf? Vautin & Manly played more big time games at the SCG than the Roosters in the 1980s. Vautin never played for the Roosters at the SCG.

I have really got to start checking the dates of these threads.
But if this wasn't so amateurish it would be more hilarious than outright embarrassing...

Prior to the win on the weekend we were written off pretty much everywhere, with an and every media outlet lining up to stick the knife in.

Now on the back of an encouraging win the idiots in the media have all but said we're a sure thing against the sCamless Storm and what a wonderful story we now are.

So it looks like the end game of theirs was to beat us into submission just so they can now write all these upbeat stories if we win a few. Suli's redemption! Overcoming adversity! DCE - so good! A true leader! Gutsy! But no mention of the cap lies! No mention of the other countless fabrications!

Welcome to the 2018 media cycle...
I gave you a ‘winner’ before even reading your post - just on the title alone.

Here is some other media idiocy

Apparently Dylan Walker still plays for Souffs this year

upload_2019-4-7_16-11-51.png

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8