Media disapproval brewing ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Fair to say V'landys has pissed off the media. Maybe not the rags but the people that own them with the Tv negotiations earlier this year.. He seems quite direct but confident in his dealings

Reminds me a little of the former CEO , smith. Sure different styles but busineess , not politics

I'm noticing v'landys being referred to in certain media as gruff, surly , frosty and difficult

He is no saint, but he has at least restored the businees structure with more focus on clubs and less on tv. That has had consequences before with smith. Interesting to see how this plays out.

For the people writing the stories he could be seen as being bad for business

He may be direct but its always part of the story
Not only did he say No , but he said it vehemently, and without remorse

Certainly an improvement so far. Not sold on his handling of the SBW and Suaali matters tho. He was banging on yesterday on 360 around how much interest SBW will bring to the game. I’m not sure he will generate that much outside interest tbh. I really couldn’t care less about SBW and what he will bring to Easts.

Certainly an improvement so far. Not sold on his handling of the SBW and Suaali matters tho. He was banging on yesterday on 360 around how much interest SBW will bring to the game. I’m not sure he will generate that much outside interest tbh. I really couldn’t care less about SBW and what he will bring to Easts.
Sbw is not Makybe Diva

I can’t work out if he had the messiah complex when he joined or it has developed since undertaking the seemingly impossible of getting the comp back soonest.

Either way, he is definitely what the game needed after the Todd and Grant no doubt and he has done some great things. But his style will wear thin soon enough. Rugby league is just too political and I give him another 12 months max before he is gone.

I wonder which media syndicate you would be reading that in...perhaps the same ones that used own a controlling interest in the game?

I can’t work out if he had the messiah complex when he joined or it has developed since undertaking the seemingly impossible of getting the comp back soonest.

Either way, he is definitely what the game needed after the Todd and Grant no doubt and he has done some great things. But his style will wear thin soon enough. Rugby league is just too political and I give him another 12 months max before he is gone.

Messiah complex. Is he a sea eagle ?

Vlandys has done a great job so far and this is now a test of his leadership as the cartel clubs, Rorters and Vermin assert themselves and ask the NRL to bend the rules so the Rorters can sign money bill williams and the Vermin can sign that rookie by asking the NRL to change the rules about the age a player can play.

Everyone knows the salary cap is flawed and if the Rorters are allowed to sign money Bill for unders its just another nail in the coffin for the integrity of the comp.

We need the NRL to govern for ALL clubs!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6