McInnes Rumour (sharks bound)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Crawley reports that there have been recent rumours that we are interested in McInnes. Tigers also said to be interested as the Dragons want to free up cash by acquiring McCullough.

We’d be a serious contender if this happened. Fainu could take over if he returns with McInnes moving to 13 and Jake to prop. If Fainu doesn’t return then we have a quality hooker that we could win a comp with. We would probably have to release Walker and /or Jorge I’d imagine.

I doubt it will happen but it would be a master stroke.

“So far Wests Tigers have been the one club publicly linked to McInnes after the Dragons hooker caught up with his old Souths coach Michael Maguire prior to Christmas.

And while there will be other clubs surely interested, whispers also surfaced in recent days that Manly might be a left-field contender given Manase Fainu’s uncertain future — although the Sea Eagles did hand Fainu a contract extension last year to ward off interest from the Bulldogs.

Of course, Fainu is currently suspended indefinitely under the NRL’s no fault stand down policy after he was charged with allegedly stabbing a man at a church dance in October, 2019.

Fainu has pleaded not guilty but his trial is not scheduled until July.

That timeline is unlikely to suit McInnes given his future is expected to be settled before the season starts in March. It’s now just a matter of how hard the Dragons are prepared to fight to keep him.”

Last edited:
He was pretty tight with Mary so perhaps has made it clear to Saints he's not happy with how he was treated & removed & Saints have realised it's better to let him go?

He'd certainly be a handy pick up & would be easy to convince to come to Manly - just tell him there are heaps of dentists on the northern beaches lol.

No, don't need him. Better to spend money on retaining our young talents. Hopefully, our premier dummy half will be playing later in the year.
We have no nine and Fainu, who I rate highly, is a no go for most of this year and only a maybe going forward. McInnes was excellent in the 13 as well.

He was pretty tight with Mary so perhaps has made it clear to Saints he's not happy with how he was treated & removed & Saints have realised it's better to let him go?
Yes he was tight with Mary and, I can't quote his exact words but, I heard apparently he clearly expressed his opinion at the Dragons that Mary's a better coach than Griffin. Probably this McCulloch talk has added to how Mary was treated and put his nose out of joint well and truly.

Timing of this sucks. If we knew Fainu was gone long term it'd be a no brainer. If Fainu gets off it'd leave us overpaying for an average workhorse lock that is surplus to our needs. Only way it should be considered is if he was willing to sign a 1 year deal, which seems unlikely.

I think he would be a great investment, it would mean a quality Nine with or without Fainu and and a back up lock.

Its early doors with this, all he has done is ask the Dragqueens to test his value. I think the club will do some sort of offer and it will all depend on the fate of Fainus court case if this becomes a reality.

Most likely scenario is Manl'ys name is just being used to increase his asking price.

Been a long long time since we had 3rd party deals to have this sort of money left in the kitty.

Man would want a nice little sum saved up for the shoe. Just can't see how we could possibly afford him.

Only way we could afford is if fainu gets convicted.. by that time you'd assume we miss the boat unfortunately as he would sign elsewhere... a shame as he'd be a great replacement

Yes do it Desmond make it happen then we will be a real threat. He is a great 13 as well. Give them jorge he's a beast.

Anyone saying give up walker is crazy.. then we will have Bradley Parker back in the team.
Why when we have Tuipulotu? Not to mention Koula and Weekes who will be ready either this year or next year to play in the backline.

Most likely scenario is Manl'ys name is just being used to increase his asking price.

Been a long long time since we had 3rd party deals to have this sort of money left in the kitty.

Man would want a nice little sum saved up for the shoe. Just can't see how we could possibly afford him.
Yeah, we would certainly need to release a player or two to make it happen.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6