Mayer on 702

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Tonight at around 5.30 I heard Grant Mayer interviewed on the current 'crisis' by Richard Glover. It was just more evidence that we have a great CEO and should do all we can to keep him.

He handled the media with aplomb, diffusing what was tossed at him without denying all responsibility. Several times he reminded the interviewer of the great record Manly has had in the past and the outstanding manner in which the players have been clean. He supported Stewart as an outstanding young man and at the same time was clear that the Manly club was cooperating with the law. He stressed that Stewart had not given an immediate interview due to legal advice. He also explained that Choc and the sponsor had met together, both admitting some culpability in a bit of push and shove but that the matter was resolved.

Mayer was warm, professional and did the Manly Club proud. He did say that the club would talk to both players, that maybe more guidance was needed in what was expected but at the same time players must take responsibility for their own behaviour.

Moments like this reinforce that we should keep Mayer and that the board should get its act together and renew his contract.

Definitely. Its no surprise the on field success and sponsorship success has happened since his arrival. Totally agree.

I heard him on 2ky this morning.

yes he is going to leave a very big hole if/when he departs.

Totally agree, Grant has been a tower of strength over the last few days - a great asset for the club and hopefully this incident has provided his detractors with the motivation to change their views.

Fro link said:

ill tip that the big fella will stay

I reckon he Penn Health ought to give him a free membership to the biggest loser club, because all this stress coupled with several chins can't be good for his heart.

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=179461.msg210262#msg210262 date=1236630703]

ill tip that the big fella will stay

[/quote]

Hope your right Cliffy i really do.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4