matt orford to canberra or parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mr seagles

Reserve Grader
In this mornings tele they say orford will go to canberra or parra to help out with there young halves.......so he wont be coming back ...  thank god

Canberra would suit him, there are plenty of round abouts so he can teach the young lads how to run in circles.

Nah good luck to him, he served us well and I wish him luck

i am a fan of hes but i think we need to move on...cronk would be agood sign but i cant see it happening but you never know we payed big money for orford from melb so cronk could follow....

Id like to see him go to Canberra.

If theres one club in this comp I'd support if Manly ever died a painful and horrible death it would be the green machine.

They're a clean skin club, do the right things by the league and produce a lot of really good juniors for the game. They need something to go their way for once in a while and while hes not the man for us, Matt Orford could well be just what the doctor ordered for the younger guys down at the Raiders.

I would love to see him at Parra next year.  I wonder how good hayne would be then chasing down grubber kicks over the dead ball line and 10 metre drop outs. 

tookey link said:
I would love to see him at Parra next year.  I wonder how good hayne would be then chasing down grubber kicks over the dead ball line and 10 metre drop outs. 

Oh jeez that one cracked me up!!

Flip link said:

If theres one club in this comp I'd support if Manly ever died a painful and horrible death it would be the green machine.

They're a clean skin club, do the right things by the league and produce a lot of really good juniors for the game. They need something to go their way for once in a while and while hes not the man for us, Matt Orford could well be just what the doctor ordered for the younger guys down at the Raiders.

You might be too young to remember that the green machine won a premiership via cap cheating

Jeez guys, he deserves WAY more respect than this. WAY ! I reckon Michael Monaghan at Canberra would be a better fit to be honest.

If he goes to Parra I will go to Parra away games purely for the purpose of heckling him.

Canberra would be a good fit for him though, they need a solid halfback to let Campese flourish. Not sure if he'd move down there though, seems to want to stay in the Sydney metro area.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=184228.msg277626#msg277626 date=1279841856]

You might be too young to remember that the green machine won a premiership via cap cheating
[/quote]

Canberra & Brisbane were also the architects of the Super League debacle

Wolfpack link said:
If he goes to Parra I will go to Parra away games purely for the purpose of heckling him.

Canberra would be a good fit for him though, they need a solid halfback to let Campese flourish. Not sure if he'd move down there though, seems to want to stay in the Sydney metro area.

Flourish without touching the ball?

Geez, some of your guys are harsh.

The guy won the Dally M and the was the halfback and key playmaker in a premiership winning team for us in 2008.

He was awful in 2009 and I don't want him to come back either, but surely he deserves some respect.

In my opinion he's a typical halfback - he thrives on confidence and goes missing when he is low on confidence.  I don't want to sign him, but I'm not too keen on playing against him either.  Personally I hope he decides to stay in the UK and has a successful career over there.

The Wheel link said:

We aren't called Silvertails for nothing either wheel.

Its in the past.

When we were coined the Silvertails there was no salary cap and nothing in the rules to stop clubs hoarding superstars in Reserve Grade. I can remember back in the 70s when Manly supplied the hookers to City Firsts and City Seconds, with Ray Brown being picked from Reserve Grade. Times are very different now and our days of overspending are gone.

He won't move here (Canberra) it's too freakin cold and it's a harsh climate when you've lived on the Northern Beaches and up the coast.

Plus, maybe he doesn't like the cold and that's one of the other reasons he's flicked England.

Canberra?  Couldn't it be Cooma Tigers, of maybe Bombala Rebels or perhaps the Dalgety Dribblers.  He could learn some skills. 

MadMarcus link said:

The guy won the Dally M and the was the halfback and key playmaker in a premiership winning team for us in 2008.

He was awful in 2009 and I don't want him to come back either, but surely he deserves some respect.

In my opinion he's a typical halfback - he thrives on confidence and goes missing when he is low on confidence.  I don't want to sign him, but I'm not too keen on playing against him either.  Personally I hope he decides to stay in the UK and has a successful career over there.

He was only as awful in '09 as he was in the other years he was here. In '08 the other guys were so damn good when it counted that 1 or 2 passengers weren't going to bugger things up.

Good luck to the Matty which ever way he chooses .
Respect , where respect is due thanks.
He is, and will always be the captain of a record breaking premiership winning team.

Duff link said:
He was only as awful in '09 as he was in the other years he was here. In '08 the other guys were so damn good when it counted that 1 or 2 passengers weren't going to bugger things up.

I know we all drank a lot after the 2008 GF but it seems you forgot the whole season Duff.    ::)

We must be the only team in the history of rugby league to win a comp with a passenger as a halfback.  So who were the passengers Duff?

Duff link said:
[quote author=MadMarcus link=topic=184228.msg277667#msg277667 date=1279847424]

In my opinion he's a typical halfback - he thrives on confidence and goes missing when he is low on confidence.  I don't want to sign him, but I'm not too keen on playing against him either.  Personally I hope he decides to stay in the UK and has a successful career over there.

[/quote]

So when the forwards were doing their job he played well and played a big part in the Premiership, and when the forwards were ordinary as in 09, Orford's form was ordinary is well

I think that is closer to the mark than what you are saying Duff

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6