Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would take him our current crop of props are powder puffs tbh. Paseka has most potential and our forward leader in Aloiai generally goes missing in games against higher quality teams.
We need some mongrel

Definitely for 2023 as well, he is still in the Warriors salary cap for the upcoming season. Plenty of bad blood between them as his father in law was given the punt from the Warriors as well as his brother in law. The Warriors owner is an absolute clown as well so who knows what the full story is
Agree 100% KE, The Warriors don't seem to care on how many bad deals they do when it comes to player contracts. Also, with the Warriors now playing at home now, they have to pay overs to entice the better players to come and play in NZ.

I would take him our current crop of props are powder puffs tbh. Paseka has most potential and our forward leader in Aloiai generally goes missing in games against higher quality teams.
We need some mongrel
Speaking about Paseka.....this is it, make or break for 2023, injury or no injury...

I wouldn’t feel the same with them, as they didn’t stalk females and smash in bathroom doors as a child is hiding behind them, and then intend to return back to Australia and have no intent to pay the money to them until the NRL steps in

I know we have had some cretins previously, I wasn’t upset to see the back of AFB or Dylan Walker, but there is just something about Lodge that is next level for me
I can't argue with this. Certainly can't justify his past indiscretions.. just looking at his value as a footy player

Hello all. It always appears that we are trying to sign someone off contract who may play above their contract weight e.g. recent suggestions have included Corey Allan and Nathan Brown. What are thoughts on Matt Lodge?

Yes he's an Fwit, but he's a mean F'wit and lets face it we need someone to step up as an enforcer of sorts. He is a known quality and we know exactly what we would be getting. He is living on the northern beaches and has his kid(s) playing in local junior footy which might work in our favour.

Now he's probably already signed up to uncle Nick's chooks so odds are against it, but if he was available would the Manly faithful accept him?
No

For 2023 or for 2024?
2023 would be nice. Jake back to lock. Lodge to starting prop with Paseka. Aloiai back to the bench prop rotation. We must change the pack up as it's not performing at NRL level. I would put Tuilagi back into NSW Cup and bring Fainu in.

Paseka
Croker
Lodge
Olakat'ua
Fainu
Jake

Lawton
Bullemore
Keppie
Aloiai

What has he done this season?

I guess he is better than Woods
Lodges Stats 2023 from Roosters site
APPEARANCES 4
TRIES 0
TACKLE BREAKS 6
AVERAGE HIT UPS 9.2
POST CONTACT METRES 124.7
OFFLOADS 2
TACKLES 66
TACKLE EFFICIENCY 91.7%
AVERAGE RUNNING METRES 96
TOTAL RUNNING METRES 384

Buzz in tomorrow’s paper is saying that roosters won’t be resigning him and we are in the picture to sign him. He is the enforcer we need. Despite his baggage would be a great get.

Geez he looks really slow, as did many of the Chooks today.

We cant be beggars and he could be just what we need.

Paseka is on the improve.

Aloia can do it, but doesnt always get the job done.

Sipley - looks like he needs a rocket to get him going.

If it goes bad he'd be handy coming off the bench like JWH does these days.

I don’t know about Lodge. Last year I may have been a little more interested. Has the game passed him? That said, yes he would probably be a step up on Woods, by not by much from what I’m seeing.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2