Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My opinion changed on two players this year, one of whom was Matt Lodge. Let me explain...

First of all, I used to hate Matt Lodge with a passion. Absolute F'wit playing doing what he did. I even hate the look of him. Just came across as a typical meathead. Then I came across him at a local junior rugby league game. Like under 10's or something. The guy was really approachable and was more than happy to engage with fans in the area even with people giving him grief about playing for Roosters. Really won me over with his generosity with his time.

Second player I really hated was Valentine Holmes. Probably just because he was a Queenslander and always seemed to be in the side beating us New South Welshman. At the end of the Eagles Cowboys game he signed autographs on field for a good 45 minutes while everyone else had gone in to shower. Our own players engaged with the fans for 10 minutes tops.

Two examples of players engaging with the fans when you don't have to, and by doing so the effects it has on the spectator. I don't know about you but it's a sign to me of a player or person who wants to do good or is at least repenting for what they might have done.

It's a really long winded way of saying it but I don't believe Lodge is any worse in his conduct especially off field than some of the players we have and have supported (Dylan Walker anyone?)

Why would he sign a proper top 30 nrl contract with another club - surely it’s far more attractive to be on a train and trial at easts.
I thought he was on that deal just to lock him in until the salary cap is finalised by the NRL. There may be a window to get him if we were REALLY interested.

Anyone that says anyone that says no is a moron is a moron.
Think If You Say So GIF by Originals
I bet your mum said no a lot. Like no stop trying to root the toaster.

My opinion changed on two players this year, one of whom was Matt Lodge. Let me explain...

First of all, I used to hate Matt Lodge with a passion. Absolute F'wit playing doing what he did. I even hate the look of him. Just came across as a typical meathead. Then I came across him at a local junior rugby league game. Like under 10's or something. The guy was really approachable and was more than happy to engage with fans in the area even with people giving him grief about playing for Roosters. Really won me over with his generosity with his time.

Second player I really hated was Valentine Holmes. Probably just because he was a Queenslander and always seemed to be in the side beating us New South Welshman. At the end of the Eagles Cowboys game he signed autographs on field for a good 45 minutes while everyone else had gone in to shower. Our own players engaged with the fans for 10 minutes tops.

Two examples of players engaging with the fans when you don't have to, and by doing so the effects it has on the spectator. I don't know about you but it's a sign to me of a player or person who wants to do good or is at least repenting for what they might have done.

It's a really long winded way of saying it but I don't believe Lodge is any worse in his conduct especially off field than some of the players we have and have supported (Dylan Walker anyone?)
That's a far too balanced and well thought out post mate.
1 - it makes sense and 2 - its personal as you actually were there which is a hughly important point in the age of insta rumours and my mate has a mate that recons........

We could do worse than have Lodge in the side. It's not yhe first time we would have signed a player with a dodgy pastand won't be the last. Would prefer him to Oshay Olay that's for sure.

If we signed him, I tune out until he is gone and have a couple of extra hours free each weekend

All this talk about enforcer and bad boy, maybe he’d be an enforcer in the WNRL as that’s where he does his ‘bad boy’work.

I saw his efforts at the Warriors, suspension after suspension and that bad a boy he lost the plot and gave the crowd the fingers

Such a changed man the Warriors are paying him $700,000 next season to stay away from the joint

I’d rather have Gary Winter back on the books

If we signed him, I tune out until he is gone and have a couple of extra hours free each weekend

All this talk about enforcer and bad boy, maybe he’d be an enforcer in the WNRL as that’s where he does his ‘bad boy’work.

I saw his efforts at the Warriors, suspension after suspension and that bad a boy he lost the plot and gave the crowd the fingers

Such a changed man the Warriors are paying him $700,000 next season to stay away from the joint

If we could have signed a younger JWH or a Radley would you feel the same? Some of the best forwards have historically tread that fine line. I think Lodge offers plenty. Statistically, his value far outweighs the drawbacks. But I would much rather Flegler

Thought his contract issues with the Warriors were at an end after 2022, but if this is still the case where he is still being subsidised by the Warriors into 23, well, whoever made this cracker of a deal, should be charged with gross incompetence.

If we could have signed a younger JWH or a Radley would you feel the same? Some of the best forwards have historically tread that fine line. I think Lodge offers plenty. Statistically, his value far outweighs the drawbacks. But I would much rather Flegler

I wouldn’t feel the same with them, as they didn’t stalk females and smash in bathroom doors as a child is hiding behind them, and then intend to return back to Australia and have no intent to pay the money to them until the NRL steps in

I know we have had some cretins previously, I wasn’t upset to see the back of AFB or Dylan Walker, but there is just something about Lodge that is next level for me

Thought his contract issues with the Warriors were at an end after 2022, but if this is still the case where he is still being subsidised by the Warriors into 23, well, whoever made this cracker of a deal, should be charged with gross incompetence.
Definitely for 2023 as well, he is still in the Warriors salary cap for the upcoming season. Plenty of bad blood between them as his father in law was given the punt from the Warriors as well as his brother in law. The Warriors owner is an absolute clown as well so who knows what the full story is

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4