Matt Cecchin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Seriously, has there been a worse referee than Matt Cecchin? I dread the team lists coming out because I've almost reached the conclusion we can't win under him. Thankfully it's noticeable we rarely get him because every time we have him we lose via a howler.

I reckon his ratio of howlers to games leads the NRL, and now it becomes apparent he has the uncanny knack of running backwards into players regularly. What keeps him in the game? Token status and/or South African style positive affirmation?

He is by far and away the worst referee in the game, makes horrible horrible costly mistakes and the previous regime let him get away with it. It is clear to me he should be dropped a level

Bad referee or not it does not excuse that dirty Queensland grub Thurston from shoulder charging him, he should miss at least 6 games.:p

Utility Player said:
Bad referee or not it does not excuse that dirty Queensland grub Thurston from shoulder charging him, he should miss at least 6 games.:p

Thurston was a Sunnybank junior UP, what else would You expect? ;)

Moondog said:
Barry Gomersall would have to be up there with the worst!
Not to mention one of the ugliest creatures on two legs. Was he actually human or the victim of an experiment gone wrong, at some laboratory (read Bob Brown's hideaway) deep in the darkest recesses of the Tasmanian wilderness, and then embedded in Queensland at a very early age?

Russel Smith takes the cake for mine.

"In 10 games, English NRL official Russell Smith has taken a painstaking 60 minutes and 30 seconds to adjudicate on video decisions."

"In three instances, Smith has added almost 10 minutes to a match"

Both Russel Smith and Cecchin are examples of the ineptitude of Gallop's administration. They encouraged Smith to immigrate here, then found he was useless, but instead of cutting him loose they hide him in the video box where he is out of his depth as well. Cecchin is some kind of sop to the prevailing demographic in felafel land (Eddie McGuire term).

Not just the refs box mata.

The brilliant russell smith is now an nrl refs coach. They can all be as good as him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6