Matt Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
Seriously where is this 'australian international' hooker we were hearing about?

Hes been rubbish this season and very bland today against Brisbane.. Heath comes on and changes the game. We look in charge.

I hope Ballin has a rocket up his arse at half time.. as i have seen him play better before but this seasons hes been rubbish.

There are a whole heap of ordinary performances so far this half. Orford, Ballin, Bryant and Hall lead the way. Lyon is playing really well and Kite has been a mountain since coming on. Lucky to be only 6 behind and I am surprised how the Bongos seem to be running out of puff. Go Manly!

ManlyBacker link said:
There are a whole heap of ordinary performances so far this half. Orford, Ballin, Bryant and Hall lead the way. Lyon is playing really well and Kite has been a mountain since coming on. Lucky to be only 6 behind and I am surprised how the Bongos seem to be running out of puff. Go Manly!

Umm not many. Kite... Glen Stewy.. Matai and Robbo have been ok.. and Heath sparked us off the bench. Rest have been below average.

LeStrange certainly seems to straighten the attack.  Good to see some hard straight running in the second half.  Bongos depth exposed today.

That was a very special win. Well done to all the supporters who got to the game as the Manly chants were easily heard.

Second half was amajor turn-around. How good was it to see tries to both Beaver and Kite? I absolutely loved that.

As my name suggests the $2.55 div is extra sweet and I really did have a good bit of confidence.

Heath LeStrange turned the game on its head when he came on. He has to start next week, we were a different team when he came on.
LeStrange, G.Stewart and J.Lyon get my 3,2,1 points.

There is nothing wrong with starting Ballin and letting him do the grunt work in the first 20-30 minutes, then utilise Le Strange's spark off the bench when the defence tires a little. If it aint (too) broke don't fix it.

I will agree that Heath is definitely having more impact then Matt at the moment, which is a little disappointing.

Yeah, good point C&C. Although Ballin is out of form, L'Estrange's impact might be negated if he starts. Ballin's a fitter player and can get around to dummy half a lot more than L'Estrange, plus he still gives quicker service to the forwards.

I must agree that heath was superb yesterday & looked a class above Matt.

However Ballin size & good defence makes him a good option for the first 20 to 30 mins, then as per yesterday bring on heath to create opportunities

Ballin to start and Heath comes on when the other teams gets tired, stick with this as it seems to work for Heath and the team as a whole.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4