Matt Ballin - is he the nicest guy in the world?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
I know people have often praised Matt Ballin as a top bloke, and I've always thought he seems it. Tonight I met him and got my photo taken with him, and was watching his interaction with people. Is he the nicest, and most genuine guy you could meet?

Now this is not taking a backhanded swipe at other players, as I met and had photos with a couple of others tonight, and they were all lovely, but Matt just seemed like such a top bloke. Whilst others would stop when asked, he was actively talking to people as he walked around. Saying hello to all as he passed them.

he is and this view is shared by evreryone who meets him

There is no greater ambassador for our club than Matt, the guy is a class act in everything he does unlike some of crap we have seen lately from other players with their behaviour.

My first trip to the leagues club with my misses was that we were greeted by ballin, who spent a good 15 to 20 mins having a good chat to us. He was nothing but polite and interested in what we had to say , even turned my mrs from a Broncs supporter over! What a top bloke!

I had a very similar experience. I attended my first post match function on the Goldy a few years back. Whilst most the players were very approachable, Matt stood out as a gentleman and all round good guy. I had a banner with me, folded up and was filling it with signatures. Most players were happy to casually sign it for me and I was more than surprised when Matt started questioning me about it -' What's it say' etc' and taking a real interest. We chatted for 5 minutes or so and with that encounter he instantly became my wifes favourite player and I'll always hold him with high regard.

Oh...and the player who we were the least impressed with - Choc, who practically ignored me when I greeted him in the elevator. What did the banner say you may ask? 'Hasler's Heroes' and it's now gathering dust in an unmarked box in a cupboard somewhere.

Last edited:
If you didn't know who this thread was about and you had to huess who. Playing almost every game since signing and only read good things there's a good chance its Matt

Matty is great, JSL isn't far behind either in niceness

wish a few other players would follow in his footsteps

What did the banner say you may ask? 'Hasler's Heroes' and it's now gathering dust in an unmarked box in a cupboard somewhere.

Great story. You could take that banner out and put a big Sea Eagle or the word Manly over the ex-coach's name.
The doggie supporters use the same words on one of their banners theses day. As we know they love stealing things from Manly.

Great story. You could take that banner out and put a big Sea Eagle or the word Manly over the ex-coach's name.
The doggie supporters use the same words on one of their banners theses day. As we know they love stealing things from Manly.

They had to find their own spoons though.

Not a current player, but I bumped into beaver and kosef when I was on the drink one night years ago in Dee why ( can't remember the name of the club, caravan of courage was straight across the road)..... And these two blokes are so down to earth a more then willing to have a chat.... Kosef for mine was a top bloke.

Matty is soon to be a 200 gamer and will also become a life member one would imagine.

I know people have often praised Matt Ballin as a top bloke, and I've always thought he seems it. Tonight I met him and got my photo taken with him, and was watching his interaction with people. Is he the nicest, and most genuine guy you could meet?

Now this is not taking a backhanded swipe at other players, as I met and had photos with a couple of others tonight, and they were all lovely, but Matt just seemed like such a top bloke. Whilst others would stop when asked, he was actively talking to people as he walked around. Saying hello to all as he passed them.

Brent Kite was the same. The respect I have for each couldn't be higher.

He has only ever made one appearance for QLD origin ( that Smith bloke can play), but you'd think that jersey would be one of his prized possessions- a game the maroons won

He auctioned it off for the Queensland flood appeal- pretty much says everything about the guy, one of my favs

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4