matt adamson on fs news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
This clown reckons double movement rule is dumb and shouldnt be in the game. Compared thw game to nfl saying it just needs to end up over the line.

Also says no one liked the fight even rolled out the mums ans kids line. What a clown

What game does that idiot think we are playing? No double movement? So when does the tackle finish? Or you just keep going? WTF?

And the rubbish he went on about Gallens punch. Too long NSW have stood back and not realized origin is ruled differently. Tonight they fought back....well effing done!!

http://www.nrl.com/origin-referees-could-show-leniency-hagan/tabid/10874/newsid/72705/default.aspx

Maybe he should have a read as they got what the asked for lol.

Idiot no double movement. Should be sacked for stupidity

Pittwater Legend said:
Come on Matty. There is no need to embarrass yourself with a dumb whinge.

Indeed he did, cringe worthy stuff. Even more embarrassing that he's a former NSW Blue.

Average player , average comments . He's trying to make headlines which keeps his name current . Probably after a gig on Talkin sport or MMM

I agree with him on double movement. Most stupid rule in the NRL. If you can put the ball over the line before your momentum is stopped then it should be a try. It's a completely ridiculous rule to say you can't promote the football once you arm carrying it hits the ground. Everywhere else on the field you can reach forward, crawl off the mark, wrestle in the tackle to promote your position, but get tackled 10cm from the tryline and you must freeze every muscle in your body in case they slow mo replay your effort 20 times to determine if you flinched an eyebrow and made a double movement. Crap rule, needs to go the way of the touch the corner post rule.

As for the fight, he's off the mark there. Give yourself an uppercut Matt.

I disagree, changing that rule would eliminate some of the great try saving tackles you see, guys busting their guts to ensure the ball carrier does not get over the line and get the ball down. Change that rule and once a player gets within a metre or two of the line the defenders may as well just stand back and let the ball carrier score.

Chip and Chase said:
I agree with him on double movement. Most stupid rule in the NRL. If you can put the ball over the line before your momentum is stopped then it should be a try. It's a completely ridiculous rule to say you can't promote the football once you arm carrying it hits the ground. Everywhere else on the field you can reach forward, crawl off the mark, wrestle in the tackle to promote your position, but get tackled 10cm from the tryline and you must freeze every muscle in your body in case they slow mo replay your effort 20 times to determine if you flinched an eyebrow and made a double movement. Crap rule, needs to go the way of the touch the corner post rule.

Momentum is accounted for, the case in point last night Cam Smith actually did not end up over the line and momentum would not have taken him there, instead he lifted the ball to move it.

You remove that rule and you have to change the entire ruling of held.

I agree with MissKate it would also eliminate some of the great try saving tackles and some of the great defense of guys like Snake

Dan said:
Chip and Chase said:

Momentum is accounted for, the case in point last night Cam Smith actually did not end up over the line and momentum would not have taken him there, instead he lifted the ball to move it.

You remove that rule and you have to change the entire ruling of held.

I agree with MissKate it would also eliminate some of the great try saving tackles and some of the great defense of guys like Snake

Momentum is momentum, that doesn't affect whether you should be able to promote the ball during the course of the tackle. Of course I'm not advocating being able to reach out once your momentum has stopped. If the tackle is being made and your arm with the ball hits the ground why shouldn't you be able to lift it up and stretch out in the one movement ? How many times do you see players do it when they are trying to run the ball out of their own in goal ? you can get tackled in your own in goal and reach out and put the ball into the field of play over the tryline, that's the exact same thing, but I don't see penalties for that.

As for it being the death of try saving tackles ??!! What's the difference between a great try saving tackle now and one where the player ends up on the try line scoring a try....not much...1cm ?? All it means is that the "great try saving tackle" zone moves up field by a foot or two. Big deal.

I just think it is a rule that is too open to interpretation and requires 50 million replays and is a waste of time. Look at how rugby treat it. You can promote the ball to score a try if it is in the one movement in the tackle, there is no double movement in rugby.

There was absolutely zero interpretation in that one. It was a text book double movement.

The rule is one of the easier ones to judge anyway.
If the ball is at shoulder height when it (or it's arm) first touches the ground and then your arm moves forward, all that you need to look at is whether the shoulder is over the line. If it is, call it momentum, award the try. If it isn't, the ball would not have crossed the line with momentum therefore you have promoted illegally and will be penalised.

Why is that so hard?

It's not hard and has never been a point of contention, until Adamson tries to turn a story

So there has never been any contentious double movement tries allowed or disallowed ??

Chip and Chase said:
So there has never been any contentious double movement tries allowed or disallowed ??

In living memory I vaguely remember one or two. Lets look at say forward pass tries instead, have there been any of those, should we therefore remove the forward pass rule?

You can only remember one or two ?? I can remember more than that.

Video ref can't rule on forward passes anyway. So in effect they did change the rule, because it was too contentious.

Anyway you have done a good job of comparing an apple with an orange. Forward pass rule is critical to the philosophy of the game, double movement rule seems at odds with everything else that happens on every other inch of the field bar the 4 inches approaching the tryline.

Have you seen the way they apply the "rule" in rugby ?? I personally think it works OK. Anyway no big deal, I just think it is a stupid rule.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6