Mathematical Proof...The Playing Field Is NOT level

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We have all known forever that despite the introduction of the salary cap, that the assertions coming from Greenturd and his predecessors that the competition is "even" was a load of sh*t.

Finally, mathematical proof that the Scum, Donkeys and Rorters have a rails run.

Since 1998 (20 years), when the NRL was formed, there has only been 4 Grand Finals that has not featured one (or more of these teams).

That's 16 years where one of theses clubs has played on GF day. And they are three of the remaining four this year too.

Statistically speaking, if you work on a competition of 16 teams, and you randomly selected the teams to play in the grand final, these teams should only have made grand finals on 7 occasions !!!!! This is basic high school probability.

I'm not even factoring in the 2 years they filled both spots in the GF. You just imagine what would happen if the calls that came from the Donkeys all those years ago for no salary cap were heeded. Half the clubs would be extinct and rugby league would be in worse trouble than it is.

Level play field my arse. Time to address the 3rd party payments.

Yet Manly is still the only Club with a Premiership in each of the past 5 decades :inlove:

Manly redefines 'level' :rofl:

images

Proof is a bit of a stretch.
Some clubs are better run then others

Like the Storm in 2007 - 2009 ?

It's easier to run a club successfully when you have a whole city behind you or wealthy benefactors.

Like I said, those 3 are way over represented. Even allowing for the variables of coaching etc.

How about the time manly won 20% of grand finals over a 40 year period?

1972 to 2011.

And also lost 5 so that is a big % of grand finals made.

I don't think the playing field is quite level, but I also think it's about culture and mindset.

Manly showed this year that there is gf potential there for us again. Most other clubs are very unlikely to rise consistently to top 4 contention.

We would beat the roosters this week. Hopefully the playing group has learned about consistency for next year.

Last edited:
I think that a subject such as this can always be open to a range of interpretations and other considerations . The one constant always seems to be the unfair and distinct advantage that the Broncos have and still continue to experience and taking this into account , their premiership success rate in particular has been quite under whelming and well below expectation during this specific time , Even with the reality that some select teams have tended to regularly feature in the finals series from this 98 period to the present time , conversely the actual competition winners has been quite dispersed with officially the Storm . Manly , Roosters [ twice each ] Broncos { 3 ] and the eight other titles shared between 8 other sides with one each . Actually on this comparison , Manly's regular final"s presence has been quite impressive during this proscribed time . The Storm and salary cap and third party issues aside , are still the bench mark of course in terms of recruitment and consistent high standard coaching and team performance , so should be accorded some credit here . Maybe just like the additional football operational activities , the third party aspect will be reviewed as well but again the only main constant in regard to a reasonably level playing field at present is the Bronco " s definite unfair and really unreasonable advantage and monopoly .

The broncos get 7 day turnarounds, 1st dibs on lots of qld players, unlimited 3rd parties, free media.. and yet still struggle to win premierships. Most other clubs would win 50% of premierships with that leg up.

They are perennial underachievers, and they think that maroon goes nicely with yellow.

TPA's are the issue, and one team towns or those with Uber rich benefactors have them by the bucket loads.

I still maintain that through the Thoroughbred's, Brisbane have an under the table slush fund to keep players, usually Queensland Origin stars that the club see's as essential both on and off the field, in Brisbane lest rival clubs come calling with big money offers. The prime example was Darren Lockyer. These days it would be players like Boyd and Milford.

The Broncos....anyone who believes their early-mid 1990's squads were under the salary cap is either a fan or more gullible than an American tourist being told about drop bears or kids riding kangaroos to school. For example, their 1993 GF winning team had only one player in the starting 13 who had not played Origin at that point (2 of the bench 4 had also played Origin) while only 5 of the starters had not played test football for Australia at that stage. You can't tell me that years squad was under the then $1.6 million cap.

Last edited:
We have all known forever that despite the introduction of the salary cap, that the assertions coming from Greenturd and his predecessors that the competition is "even" was a load of sh*t.

Finally, mathematical proof that the Scum, Donkeys and Rorters have a rails run.

Since 1998 (20 years), when the NRL was formed, there has only been 4 Grand Finals that has not featured one (or more of these teams).

That's 16 years where one of theses clubs has played on GF day. And they are three of the remaining four this year too.

Statistically speaking, if you work on a competition of 16 teams, and you randomly selected the teams to play in the grand final, these teams should only have made grand finals on 7 occasions !!!!! This is basic high school probability.

I'm not even factoring in the 2 years they filled both spots in the GF. You just imagine what would happen if the calls that came from the Donkeys all those years ago for no salary cap were heeded. Half the clubs would be extinct and rugby league would be in worse trouble than it is.

Level play field my arse. Time to address the 3rd party payments.
Top stuff mate.

Since to advent of the NRL we have seen more and more the power in the game shift to north of the tweed and south of the Murray. The current Queensland origin team pretty much comes from three clubs now, Cowpokes, Donkeys and the Drizzle, those three clubs benefit now from being one team towns which enables them to monopolize sponsorship in their region. The game is now Queensland centric and before too long they are likely to have the grand final at Suncorp as well. It pains me to see the clubs in Sydney unable to compete on a level playing field with these clubs and the Rorters are ahead of the game dut to Politis.

The unevenness of the competition reflects that these clubs I have mentioned are regularly in the finals and seem to get the tight calls from officials in big games.

I agree that some clubs are run better than others, that is true and our club has not done itself any favors at times with the turnover at the front office.

I only see more of the same, to be honest. The Queensland juniors have four clubs to choose from and that is why they are so successful at origin level.

The Donkeys and the Scum have been and are still sponsored and protected by News Filth who give them a luxury of 3rd party payments to stay within the cap and those two clubs will continue to dominate as a result.

The evidence as well is in the membership and crowds, the game is healthy in Queensland and Victoria and poorly in NSW. The fans are voting with their feet over the failures of the NRL. It is a pity that the NRL ignore what is going on in NSW and tell us to grow up. Wow, what prophetic words coming from them. If they are not concerned that the Sydney Geese got over 46K to a final and next door the NRL drew only 15K is a massive concern and the unfairness that certain clubs get home finals and the rest of getting bugger all is something that the fans have had ENOUGH of!!

Since to advent of the NRL we have seen more and more the power in the game shift to north of the tweed and south of the Murray. The current Queensland origin team pretty much comes from three clubs now, Cowpokes, Donkeys and the Drizzle, those three clubs benefit now from being one team towns which enables them to monopolize sponsorship in their region. The game is now Queensland centric and before too long they are likely to have the grand final at Suncorp as well. It pains me to see the clubs in Sydney unable to compete on a level playing field with these clubs and the Rorters are ahead of the game dut to Politis.

The unevenness of the competition reflects that these clubs I have mentioned are regularly in the finals and seem to get the tight calls from officials in big games.

I agree that some clubs are run better than others, that is true and our club has not done itself any favors at times with the turnover at the front office.

I only see more of the same, to be honest. The Queensland juniors have four clubs to choose from and that is why they are so successful at origin level.

The Donkeys and the Scum have been and are still sponsored and protected by News Filth who give them a luxury of 3rd party payments to stay within the cap and those two clubs will continue to dominate as a result.

The evidence as well is in the membership and crowds, the game is healthy in Queensland and Victoria and poorly in NSW. The fans are voting with their feet over the failures of the NRL. It is a pity that the NRL ignore what is going on in NSW and tell us to grow up. Wow, what prophetic words coming from them. If they are not concerned that the Sydney Geese got over 46K to a final and next door the NRL drew only 15K is a massive concern and the unfairness that certain clubs get home finals and the rest of getting bugger all is something that the fans have had ENOUGH of!!

Well said mate, I live here and it ****s me to tears when I see what a Rort it is ( not having at least one other Brisbane side).

It’s almost like the NRL has just bent over and said “ it’s all yours do what you wish”.

Nicely put. Funnily enough I had a very similar conversation with my wife this afternoon, albeit not as factually supported as is this post. I think the NRL would love to see the Eels become a Sydney superpower and they would be more than happy to him along as they are. Broncs, Cows, Storm, Rorters and Eels.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2