Mateo's goalkicking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I do not know. And the way the bench reacted I don't think they expected the kick to go over from the side line. Great stuff that he kicked so well. He just had a blinder full stop, man of the match infront of foran for mine. But I still can't understand why cherry doesn't kick. Early on in 2011 he was very good.

He had it tucked under his jersey :D

I love watching his offloads and he is an asset to Manly IMO.

As there was no NYC, the screen had the 2011 GF replay on.
That 18 minutes in the second half, he almost won the Warriors the game.:confused:

Last edited:
Great game tonight. I was sitting on the sideline and watched him walk over after Brett's try and wondered what he was doing.

Kickin goals that's what he was doing

DCE only kicked 25/40 (62.5%) in early 2011 which is why Killer took over the job. His overall record is 28/50 (56%). For an around the corner style kicker that's bordering on crap these days. Mal Meninga with his front on style had a better percentage (61.66), though Mal's career was a wee bit longer than DCE's has been so far.

I think Mateo just had one of those nights like he did against the Scum in Rd.2.

I still don't know why DCE isn't kicking goals. He was the kicker for Sunshine Coast in the QLD Cup as well as the kicker in the u20's for Manly. With the salary he's on he should be made to practice with Joey every day until he masters it ;)

So how long has Mateo been playing? Tooves uncovers this goal kicking talent now? Feleti Mateo, so talented. Always was destined to achieve so much.

I still don't know why DCE isn't kicking goals. He was the kicker for Sunshine Coast in the QLD Cup as well as the kicker in the u20's for Manly. With the salary he's on he should be made to practice with Joey every day until he masters it ;)
Chez has enough to do and his dodgy hip is not up to it. Taufua should be made to kick, he is always fresh as a daisy @:cool:

Mateo is the biggest enigma in the NRL. Amazing one week, rubbish the next. Oh well, we knew what we were getting, love your work Feleti!!

I feel that Mateo's playing slightly within himself at Manly which IMO has him playing consistently better. The errors aren't as plentiful as they once had been and he still has a good pass on him (that pass to Foz was as good as any) and now he's kicking goals!

How good was it. When snake scored the first try said, "mateo, why is he taking the conversions. Gee we need a second gaol kicker". Then he nailed it, I was quite surprised.

They way he was goal kicking killer is going to lose his job. :giggle:

Certainly nice to have him kick 5 from 5.

Made it a lot better to be 30-20 in the run home then say....20-20!!!!

I feel he has been unfairly criticized on here tbh. Played a great 1st 2 games then got a bad leg injury and came back a bit slow and lacking fitness but will work back into it. The useless stuff has been way OTT

Also hear lazy said about him, volunteering himself for NSW cup doesn't back that up either. I hope we don't offload him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4