Match Review Committee must do its job

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
0,,6271578,00.jpg

You've been busy B E searching for those head highs but again, I don't think anything will officially come of it.

The only two incidents I had a problem with were White's use of the elbow (but as I said, I'd prefer it if he played) and other than that it was all fine except for Quinn lining up Taulapapa for a cheap shot after he had grounded the ball. Low act. Possibly some sort of karmic justice there considering Misi's shot on Tongue earlier this year I suppose.

I'd be stunned if anyone gets suspended. And Bellamy will blow his f*cking STACK if it happens!!

Get ready to see Bellyache blowing his stack.  White must get at least one wek for sure.

Now White poised for grand final KO
Brad Walter | September 27, 2008

NSW Origin prop Brett White is set to join his suspended Storm captain Cam Smith on the sidelines for next Sunday's grand final after knocking out former flatmate Ben Ross for the second time this season in last night's defeat of Cronulla.

White, who told the Herald in the lead-up to his first meeting with Ross since the pair were sent off in round two that he had learnt the error of his ways, was placed on report for striking his front-row opposite with an elbow.

The seventh-minute incident, which continued the bad blood between two teams, whose players appear to share their coaches' dislike for each other, resulted in a dazed Ross being taken from the field. He did not return until late in the first half.

Running the ball near the Sharks line, White appeared to legitimately bump off Ross with his forearm but then raised his arm and had another two attempts. Replays suggested that while the initial point of contact might have been Ross's chest, he was then struck in the head by White's elbow.

After coming to the aid of Cooper Cronk when the Melbourne halfback was felled by Ross in the round two clash between the teams at Olympic Park, White received a four-match ban and he now faces another striking charge when the match review committee meets on Monday.

Because of his previous suspension, White is in a similar situation to Smith, who this week received a two-match ban for a grapple tackle after pleading guilty to the same offence earlier this season.

Even a grade-one striking charge - carrying a base penalty of 125 demerit points - would rule White out of the grand final, as he has carry-over points from the earlier ban and will also attract a 50 per cent loading.

Cronk and second-rower Michael Crocker are also set to come under scrutiny for a 68th-minute lifting tackle on Cronulla halfback Brett Kimmorley but the incident was not put on report and they should escape a charge.

Send those photos to the NRL....

Will - I agree white is a dog of a player but without him their bench is weakened.  More out the better

Jethro link said:
You've been busy B E searching for those head highs but again, I don't think anything will officially come of it.

not really busy
I noticed them this morning LOL

Cronk is as guilty as sin.  He has his hands between the player's legs, clearly lifts, the guy is above the horizontal and lands head first into the turf.

You're right it will probably be ignored, but it was still a very bad incident.

If that was one of our players in Cronks position I would be filthy if he got suspended.  His arm might have been between his legs but I do not thinkit was in the traditional way a spear tackle is effected.  Does not deserve a suspension, White probably does.

Haha, if Cronk's tackle made him miss a grand final then I would JOIN the Storm in shouting at the judiciary. Penalty, yes. Anything further? Not a chance.

I hope no-one else from the storm is suspended and wish Smith hadn't been suspended.

I would rather beat Melbourne in the GF when they are at full strength.

When we win it, all we are going to hear is how lucky we were with the controversy and suspensions.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7