Matai's injuries?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
I'd read somewhere that Stevie was off to hospital to have his disc and shoulder problems attended to once the grand final was over.  Now I find him up in the stands at fan day (arm out of a sling) and named for the Kiwi side.  What is going on?  In my opinion he needs three months to get his body back shape for 09.  Surely someone at the club should have a quiet word.  Bulging discs can be an ongoing problem. 

Grant Mayer was in the paper here yesterday saying that they will never stand in the way of a Manly player playing Rep Footy

He is no guarantee to play the WC though, he wants to, but he was meeting a doctor yesterday i think it was, and then has to see an independant doctor as well

Matai was not seen at the club late on Sunday night/Monday morning. The word was that he was being treated in hospital. No idea how accurate that was but that was said in the club. No way will a club doctor let him play if it will jeopardise next season.

Our centre stocks are low enough with Bell and Beaver (back up) leaving.

well he's not in the first lot of players ruled out:

Webb and Lima out of NZ squad

October 09, 2008 LEEDS fullback Brett Webb and Melbourne prop Jeff Lima have withdrawn from New Zealand's squad for the Rugby League World Cup, set to start on Oct. 25, due to injury.

Webb, 27 and a veteran of 17 Tests, will undergo spinal surgery to correct a long-term back injury and is expected to be sidelined for six months.

Lima, who made three Test appearances for the Kiwis in 2007, has a knee injury which has not responded to treatment.

St. George Illawarra fullback Jason Nightingale and Warriors front rower Evarn Tuimavave were named as their replacements.

Canteen Worker link said:
Our centre stocks are low enough with Bell and Beaver (back up) leaving.

Matai
Lyon
D Williams
T Williams
Neumann

That doesn't sound too shallow to me and that's without taking any of the young blokes into consideration.

I reckon a guy by the name of Hopoate won't be too far away from first grade. Seems silly to say it but this guy is a gun and when you think Fittler and Brasher played first grade whilst at school, maybe he is a chance?

Was thinking about the centres last night, Des seems to have a high opinion on Neumann and i think he may give him 1st crack in the centres

Wonder where that leaves Bailey (with Lyon at 6 and Stewie at 13)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6