Matai gone....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mr seagles

Reserve Grader
Matai will sign with the warriors or cronulla on monday there will be announcement next week.The mail is des doesnt want him to much baggage.des has plans with 3 or 4 others coming up from qld cup and toyota cup .Whare,Hoppa,Blanch[big wraps]sheehan and qld cup carl johnson,dennis sandow,very cheap for now and potential first grade players in the making.des will use matais money to buy a forward...

I'm pretty unhappy about losing Matai, I only hope we have some positive news in the next few weeks regarding Foran and a forward with some genuine ticker.

We certainly need to get more forwards. This isn't my ideal way forward but such is life and we do have enough cover coming through. I am not sure I would throw sandows name in there he is good but not sure he will make the grade. Hoppa looks like he has more potential though sandow is quick

agree with Hoppa and Whare, Blanch has never looked anything in toyota cup, slow and average at best, same with sheehan and then you list from sunny coast, karl and sandow!! I think this is a windup  ;)

mr seagles link said:
Matai will sign with the warriors or cronulla on monday there will be announcement next week.The mail is des doesnt want him to much baggage.des has plans with 3 or 4 others coming up from qld cup and toyota cup .Whare,Hoppa,Blanch[big wraps]sheehan and qld cup carl johnson,dennis sandow,very cheap for now and potential first grade players in the making.des will use matais money to buy a forward...

Blanch hasn't resigned yet and doesn't play centre. Sheehan is a winger and he is ranked well behind Oldfield as a resigning.  Portlock is only 19 but rates more highly as a centre than Sheehan as well.

As far as the 2 Sunny coast players both would be welcomed to play at the club for nothing  or close to nothing but neither would be attrang a top squad 25 contract.

But you are right Matai was never likely to be resigned by the club. If Brett Stewart comes back Farrar will be available with Whare to press for a centre spot.

Devastated if true. To loose an international standard player hurts bad. Matai adds mongrel and is one of the best dummy half runners in the comp.

Did we win any games whilst he was suspended? I know that we looked crape out wide when he was out.

How the hell has Melbourne not offloaded any of the stars yet, but we have them walking out the door. It's starting to really pee me off.

right on ern, blanch has been 5/8 and looks run of the mill player, Oldfield has always looked much better as a winger, strong lad, hopefully will kick on, centre blake davey (when not in punchups) also has potential.

Karl Johnson would fit in right away, woeful defender so should slot in our nrl team without much problem.  ::)

This is bad news Matai is one of our best players. Dessi has obviously written off the next 3 years and wants to rebuild the team. The likes of ware,hoppa are years from maturing and may never reach matai's level anyway. I have a feeling that Forans gone also we still havent seen his signature. why?

Courier Mail quotes Matai "Now they are just stalling and i need answers so i can sort out my future. Its disappointing because i am apparently not a priority for them"

Where is his well deserved respect, management??
Who would want to come to our club if this is the way we treat players?
A lot of club bagging goes on here and i might join in, a ****ing disgrace if this is the way he is being treated.

Utility Player link said:
Farrar will slot into the centres nicely with a fit Snake.
As much as I enjoy and appreciate Farrar's efforts, I can't see him off setting the loss of Matai in the centres.
Perhaps we should be looking at that Dragons winger that Darren mentioned in the other thread (just for back up).

Des doesn't want him, but asked for an extension until next week to try to keep him lol.

He may well be gone, the Warriors have big money to throw around, but I highly doubt the rest of your story there, much like the Finch to Tigers that you said would be happening a few weeks back

blitzkrieg link said:
Courier Mail quotes Matai \"Now they are just stalling and i need answers so i can sort out my future. Its disappointing because i am apparently not a priority for them\"

A lot of club bagging goes on here and i might join in, a f**king disgrace if this is the way he is being treated.

I agree.

blitzkrieg link said:
Courier Mail quotes Matai \"Now they are just stalling and i need answers so i can sort out my future. Its disappointing because i am apparently not a priority for them\"

A lot of club bagging goes on here and i might join in, a f**king disgrace if this is the way he is being treated.

They have picked that up from an article over here, and it is very irresponsible journalism. Those quotes came from him about 5-6 weeks ago when retaining Hodkinson was the priority of the club, since that time everything I have read from the club (including Des' own column in the Sea Eagle news) has stated he is the priority and they will do all they can to keep him

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=183924.msg272701#msg272701 date=1278721907]

They have picked that up from an article over here, and it is very irresponsible journalism. 
[/quote]

Lol, that's what the Courier Mail is all about. I should have known better!

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183924.msg272707#msg272707 date=1278722129]
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=183924.msg272701#msg272701 date=1278721907]

They have picked that up from an article over here, and it is very irresponsible journalism. 
[/quote]

Lol, that's what the Courier Mail is all about. I should have known
better!
[/quote]

Yeah mate, I read that article last night, and those quotes mentioned were the exact same one's mentioned in an article 5-6 weeks ago, and from memory in that article, the quotes came from his manager, not Steve himself

League week (this weeks addition ) states that its matais decision from what i read, warriors have offered him a contract, and matai is waiting for manly to reply with an offer, in wich it states that matais manger said is true, matai will wait till manly make an offer, but i dont think manly will make an offer unfortunately.

Its a tough one, if we could keep Matai for anoth year would be ideal, but I think we need a few younger players to spark a bit more desire for another Premiership. Love Matai though, he provides a spark both in attack and defence.

Red Sea Eagle link said:
Its a tough one, if we could keep Matai for anoth year would be ideal, but I think we need a few younger players to spark a bit more desire for another Premiership. Love Matai though, he provides a spark both in attack and defence.
But Matai's only 25, not exactly ready to be put out to pasture.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2