Matai Cleared of charges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
Manly centre Steve Matai has escaped suspension for his high tackle on Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah.

No charges were laid by the NRL's match review committee out of the weekend's round 20 matches.

Matai was placed on report after catching Farah high late in the first half of Sunday's win to the Sea Eagles at Bluetongue Stadium.

The fiery Sea Eagles back was then sin-binned after taking exception to Farah staying down after what he deemed to be minimal contact.

Brisbane and the Sydney Roosters will complete the round at Suncorp Stadium on Monday night.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59553/matai-cleared-no-nrl-judiciary-charges/default.aspx

so he should be.. lucky his binning didnt have any affect on the out come..

It would have been a tragedy had Matai been charged. There was not one thing illegal about that at all, and nothing reckless, careless or intentional.

I wonder what Mr "everythings fine" Finch will say about it

There would of been no penalty or anything had the player concerned no been Matai.

He is victimised and is "on watch" by the refs.

What's ridiculous is that it has to be "bad enough" to go on report to have the video ref call back to a penalty if the player stays down.

Seems to make sense, however apparently its bad enough to be on report EVERY FREAKING TIME!!!! For even whatever high tackles etc.

The video refs KPIs should include a negative measure of how often they 'on report' someone who isn't charged in this situation.

I may be wrong but I was under the impression the penalty came more so from the back slap & the almost fight afterwards.

It seemed Hayne was happy to put it on report but Matai's reaction is what led to the penalty.

Mind you I stand by the fact I am yet to see where Matai makes any contact let alone illegal contact with Farah

I just thought that Steve went up to Farrah and patted him on the back asking if was alright.  For that he got sinbinned???

If it goes on report you get penalised. They dont say "hey, that looked bad, lets put it on report and keep playing"

They already were penalised when he tapped him on the back. He was sent of for stirring **** basically. Hardly a sin binning offense but I think the idea was more to calm him down so things didnt explode. more like "dissent"

I must say Hayne had a woeful game, penalising King foe god knows what, then Watmough for a "strip" all he did was stand up there was nothing "blatant" as Hayne said about it. Then warning Jamie that the next one was in the bin. FFS that would be fine if they were all deliberate infringements

Shane link said:
[quote author=Nthn NSW link=topic=184308.msg278717#msg278717 date=1280123482]
Word is Russell Crowe is in talks to sign Farrar!!!

Bah its not FARRAR IS FARAH!!! STOP MIXING THEM UP GUYS!

For his next movie...  :D
[/quote]Maybe it should be spelt D.O.G

What a cat.Worse than an eye gouge.What did Ali Baba say to the forty thieves? Trust me with your life my friend.Farahs related to Ali.

Dan link said:
If it goes on report you get penalised. They dont say \"hey, that looked bad, lets put it on report and keep playing\"

They already were penalised when he tapped him on the back. He was sent of for stirring s**t basically. Hardly a sin binning offense but I think the idea was more to calm him down so things didnt explode. more like \"dissent\"

I must say Hayne had a woeful game, penalising King foe god knows what, then Watmough for a \"strip\" all he did was stand up there was nothing \"blatant\" as Hayne said about it. Then warning Jamie that the next one was in the bin. FFS that would be fine if they were all deliberate infringements

I can't remember off the top of my head, but was Hayne the ref the night Stevie turned his back on the ref and walked away when receiving a caution....twice !!!!!!!! Perhaps that was Shayne "my parents weren't thinking clearly when they named me" Hayne's square up for Matai dissing him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8