Mata is a billionare

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

But only if he goes back to Zimbabwe.

Zimbabwe introduces $100 billion banknotes
CNN – July 19, 2008

Zimbabwe's troubled central bank introduced $100 billion banknotes Saturday in a desperate bid to ease the recurrent cash shortages plaguing the inflation-ravaged economy.

A Zimbabwean 500 million banknote

The bills officially come into circulation Monday, although they were on the foreign currency dealers market Saturday.

As high as they are, though, the bills still aren't enough to buy a loaf of bread. They can buy only four oranges.

The new note is equal to just one U.S. dollar.

Once-prosperous Zimbabwe has seen an unprecedented economic meltdown since it gained independence in 1980, with the official inflation rate now at 2.2 million percent.

Gideon Gono, governor of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, said the new notes are for "the convenience of the banking public and corporate sector" in light of price hikes.

"The RBZ has noted with concern the unjustifiable and incessant general increases in prices of goods and services. It is therefore appealing to the business community to follow ethical business practices as well as take an interest in the plight of the general public," Gono said in a statement dated Friday.

Zimbabwe started issuing large bank notes in December, starting with denominations of $250,000.

In January, the government issued bills in denominations of $1 million, $5 million, and $10 million -- and in May, it issued bills from $25 million and $50 million up to $25 billion and $50 billion.

The new bills are actually bearer checks and have an expiration date of December 31. Zimbabwe has not had formal currency since the introduction of bearer checks as a temporary measure in 2003.

"The RBZ is fighting a losing battle," economist John Robertson said in Harare. "As long as the inflation remains high, cash shortages will persist. There is need to address the inflation by increasing production so that too goods do not [cost] a lot of money.”

It's  sad how much this guy is raping and pillaging the entire nation throwing the entire thing so far below the poverty line they are going to have to invent a new word for poverty.

Someone needs to discover oil in Zimbawe and soon, at least then the Yanks will get in there!

I'm hearing there will be a significant announcement this week ........

We have millions sitting around our house - my sister bought some million dollar notes back earlier in the year for my boys. 

Mata - off the topic but you have been remarkably quiet about the Rugby at the weekend.

Where did they drag up that lunatic of a coach? Did you read the transcript of the press conference or read the comment in the SMH?

Canteen Worker link said:
Mata - off the topic but you have been remarkably quiet about the Rugby at the weekend.

Where did they drag up that lunatic of a coach? Did you read the transcript of the press conference or read the comment in the SMH?

The Boks were clearly flat after their two mammoth games against the Blecks - which was the best Test rugby played in the last decade.

If the Wobblies can only beat an exhausted side by 7 on home soil they're going to have a very tough time of it on the high veld.

I don't pay much attention to what our token selection caoch has to say.  What did the boobejan have to say for himself? 

For the first time in my life I'm cheering for the Blecks tonight.  the Wobblies need to be reminded of their lack of pedigree.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4