• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
So how many weeks will he be spending on the sideline? It didn't look great, late, swinging arm, Bird had to go off. I guess the only thing he has in his favor is that he was falling and was turned towards the other way.

I'm going to say 2-3 weeks.

I'm guessing at least 2, probably 3, even with an early guilty plea.

Other than Bird falling at the time I can't see it being defended. I have to agree with Greg Alexander that he had time to pull out of it. Even at normal speed it showed he had time.

2 weeks. No loading (I think) and bird was falling. But it was a nasty hit and bird was rubbed out all game.

You couldn't argue if the ref had sent him for that cheap shot. Pity he will miss the Souths game, as he usually plays well against them. I reckon he'll be gone for a month.

That is what could go against him. Marty had time to pull out of that, even at normal speed you could see it.

In saying that, if Bird wasn't on his way down that hit would have been mid-chest at best.

He could argue something around his arm size and force etc and pull up the Ben Ross vid as evidence. Might get off and win a Logie...

I'll say zero weeks!

We can't have the judiciary coming on here and reading how we all think it's ok marty gets suspended! (because I'm sure that's what they do.)

Bird slipped into it. You don't have time to pull out of a tackle like that.

Unlucky, but not suspension warranted!
Spot on GE.
How would Hasler and the Dogs approach this? Wrack their brains until they come up with an outlandish defence, run it at the Judiciary, and shock everyone by winning!
Often they defend a charge, lose, but are successful in having it downgraded. This is what we should do for this one.

You look at the tackle, Marty actually made contact with the head 2 feet from the ground. Marty's eyes were facing left, and he was wrapping up the player (Bird), who was both twisting, and free falling.

They need to contest it hard. Like others have said - 0 weeks for mine.

Even Warren Smith, who death rides us at every turn, was making excuses for it.

Heck, does anyone notice when the penalty count is in our favour, the commentators go on, and on, and on about it - but if it's heavily against us, it's standard.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2