Martin Kennedy

Ryan

Journey Man
Off contract Rooster 2011.

Sign him Manly. I hear Roosters are DESPERATELY keen to sign him, but are very worried because Kenny-Dowall, Linnett, Graham, Ryles, Friend, Nuuauasala, Anasta, Conn, Carney (not Todd) are all off contract at the same time.

Another Australian Rep quality prop, and will be playing for Newtown I'd say 2011.

He'd be a massive coup....and definitely a payback for Tasi / Hargreaves (we'd be in front).

Martin Kennedy
Date of Birth : 20 February, 1989
Height : 191 cm
Weight : 115 kg
Position : Prop
Rep. Honours : Australian Schoolboys '07, QLD U'17's
Junior Clubs : Norths Ipswich
FG Debut : Roosters v Rabbitohs - 15 March 2009 (round 1)
Club Debut : Roosters v Rabbitohs - 15 March 2009 (round 1)

Don't know if you guys do any investigation of his background, but he is HIGHLY thought of - HIGHLY.

0,,6412603,00.jpg

I know from the horses mouth at Roosters, they would be gutted if he were to "slip through their fingers".

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287740283[/time]

MASSIVE, and MOBILE, and DAMAGING
Martin+Kennedy+NRL+1st+Preliminary+Final+Titans+3cZzoynN38Sl.jpg

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287740413[/time]

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/10/01/fans-behind-ipswich-bred-rooster/

Kennedy has been placed on a media ban by the Sydney Roosters management this week, worried the young prop might have enough to worry about. But Kennedy has earnt enormous wraps for his performances during the finals.

Rugby league legend and Roosters great Arthur Beetson praised the 21-year-old this week.

Beetson tipped Kennedy to be in a contender for a Queensland State of Origin jersey next year.

Kennedy attended Ipswich Grammar School where he was a standout in rugby union, but the 110kg monster was always going to return to rugby league.

His decision has already paid off.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287740581[/time]

Kennedy's rise a body blow for Titans
Luke Turgeon  |  October 2nd, 2010

Barnstorming Rooster Martin Kennedy, destined for big things ever since growing up in Titans territory
HE is considered one of the most exciting young forwards in the NRL and the one that got away from the Gold Coast Titans.

Roosters rookie Martin Kennedy was born in Lismore and grew up in Ipswich, raised in the thick of Titans country.

He was even a member of the Gold Coast club's early junior development program before the Roosters came knocking in 2006 and whisked the 115kg giant to Sydney.

''He probably is one that got away,'' said Kennedy's junior footy coach Brad Wolens, who is now the chief executive of Titans feeder club Ipswich Jets.

''But on the other hand he was a lad who was Roosters mad all his life.

''You know what it is like when you are a kid, if you get an opportunity at the club you supported all your life and another club, you will always go with your heart and that is the route he followed.''

The 21-year-old has enjoyed a break-out year, storming into the Roosters starting 17 mid-season, playing 12 games and proving a valuable part of their fairytale grand final surge.

Foundation Titans football manager Scott Sattler will always remember the first time he saw Kennedy play, representing the Gold Coast club's northern representative squad in a curtain raiser to a Roosters-Panthers trial match at Carrara in 2005.

''It was back when we were called the Gold Coast Dolphins, we formulated some northern and southern academies for under-16s,'' said Sattler.

''He was the best player in a beaten northern Gold Coast team.

''It has always stuck out in my memory when we had him in the academy.

''But his manager Sam Ayoub got an offer from the Roosters and he went down there.

''At that stage there was no under-20s comp or anything and the Roosters are pretty strong in their junior recruitment and they enticed him down to Sydney.''

While Kennedy has largely flown under the radar with fans, he has already made a pretty strong impression with some of the biggest names in the game.

Rugby league immortal Arthur Beetson, who captained the Roosters to premierships in 1974 and 1975, believes Kennedy is destined to play State of Origin, while NRL recruitment guru Peter O'Sullivan once rated the Ipswich Grammar schoolboy 'as good as they get' when it comes to young props.

Kennedy is eligible to play for both Queensland and NSW, but despite his idols being Maroons heroes Steve Price and Shane Webcke, Wolens believes he will choose to become a Blue.

''Marty is a great success story,'' said Wolens, who guided Kennedy's Norths Ipswich junior footy side to three straight premierships from under-13s to under-15s.

''He was a podgy little fella, but I always thought he was going to turn into a high quality footballer.

''He always had the terrific attitude and the right temperament. He was born for it.''

''He was a podgy little fella, but I always thought he was going to turn into a high quality footballer.

Do we need another forward who has a predisposition to put on weight?

north coast eagle link said:

Do we need another forward who has a predisposition to put on weight?

He certainly doesn't anymore....seen his physique? He'd be the type of player Darren would cream over, and the type of damaging player frankly, we need.

Imagine:-

Front Row: Kennedy / Cunningham / Rose / Robinson
Backrow: Watmough / Rodney / Stewart / Harrison

All Young. All mobile. All with untapped potential (some already realising it)

Ryan link said:
Imagine:-

Front Row: Kennedy / Cunningham / Rose / Robinson
Backrow: Watmough / Rodney / Stewart / Harrison

All Young. All mobile. All with untapped potential (some already realising it)

I don't think people should be getting too excited by Harrison.  He's not a big unit by any means and IMO Buhrer has as much if not more potential.  I wouldn't automatically be presuming Harrison has jumped him in the queue.

Ant80 link said:
Jared Weara Hargreaves is off contract as well nwxt season as well Ryan

He's too much a Rooster now. Plus, he has been pro-actively trying to convince his old team mates to defect over to them. I know this as fact. I'm not just talking about Tasi either.

Problem is the cats already out of the bag in regards to his potential so I'm imagining he would be in pretty big demand and wanting a rather hefty contract.
But I like your thinking Ryan.

manlyborn link said:
Problem is the cats already out of the bag in regards to his potential so I'm imagining he would be in pretty big demand and wanting a rather hefty contract.
But I like your thinking Ryan.

The Roosters only so much cap space. I know they have Melbourne's old recruitment officer, but hopefully he's learnt his lessons (how he still has a job, I don't know).

Go get him Crusher, as a means to tell them to **** off with our players, and honestly - to get a gun young forward.

Joe G, Kitey and Matt Cross are both off contract at the end of 2011 so we would definately have the money to sign him. 

Spuds Bodyguard link said:
Is it just me or does the person in the second photo look nothing like the one in the first?
I think you have the necessary qualifications to become a first class NRL ref. :)

I can live with a 'green' halves partnership but agree somewhat with Ryan that we are going to need some fresh blood in the forward pack.

I think next season we'll need a topline young prop.

Another question does anyone know Trent Merrin's situation at the Dragons?

Spuds Bodyguard link said:
Is it just me or does the person in the second photo look nothing like the one in the first?

First photo is Jordan Tansey, pommy player who lasted less than half a year in the NRL.

As for Kennedy, wasn't there a rumour about him joining the Eels?

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2