Market value and the salary cap rort!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
So it seems that the Vermin will be allowed to sign Mitchell for significant unders which makes a total mockery of the integrity and fairness of the cap.

I seem to remember that our club was denied the chance to retain one of our best players in Gifty not paying him market value.

The double standards and unfairness of the Vermin Mitchell deal that only came about cause they were allowed to retire Burgess totally sux!!!

Another stain on our game facilitated under Greenturds watch!!!

Yep the whole thing around this is unconscionable.

Luckily Greenberg doesn’t possess the requisite tools for the above notion to be an issue for him

100%.

But the arrogance is just unbelievable.

It'd be like being caught in bed with a beautiful blonde by the missus and then swearing blind it wasn't you.

I wish the media would start going harder at Todd Greensnot and his cronies to explain their stance.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the article that they were going to sign him for 400k on a one year deal. Daylight buggery has become the norm under Greenturds watch !

This will never change until they bring a points-based cap in.
You can pay whatever you want for a player but his points value can't be changed which would be more transparent.

I am sure some clubs would ask players to make themselves unavailable for rep footy to try and keep the value down but you can have it so that you have been selected so you are worth X points still. If they still don't want to play that is up to them but your value isn't being reduced.

The rich clubs can spend double or triple on signing players compared to the poorer clubs still but can't afford to have rep players sitting on the bench as certain clubs do now, can't bull**** there worth when points are used.

Paging Peter V’Landys... are you serious Peter? How much longer will these discretionary double standards be permissible in the National Rorting League?

Time to act... or just make a second tier completion consisting of 12 teams and allow the Storm, Rooters, Donkeys and Vermin to battle it out each year. Parramatta might squeeze into the top group as well... they have BankWest stadium after all.

100%.

But the arrogance is just unbelievable.

It'd be like being caught in bed with a beautiful blonde by the missus and then swearing blind it wasn't you.

I wish the media would start going harder at Todd Greensnot and his cronies to explain their stance.

I don't know a thing about media but obviously Ch9 and Fox won't question anything about their cash cow but you'd think Ch7/10 and others would ask the tough questions!

For years the Vermin had a bee in their bonnett about Manly buying premierships and now they are doing just the same.

I hope the Titans make them wait for Arrow. The way clubs can sign players a year out is just a disaster!!!

For years the Vermin had a bee in their bonnett about Manly buying premierships and now they are doing just the same.

I hope the Titans make them wait for Arrow. The way clubs can sign players a year out is just a disaster!!!
The Key thing is, when Manly were called out for buying big names, there was NO salary cap and today there......is.....wtf am I saying - there's obviously still NO salary cap for a few teams !!!

The smh says the deal has to at least match his current $700k to be ratified.

news.com.au says it would be 600 a year for Souths with roosters paying 120 a year.

so I doubt the 400k info is right

Yup, Souths needs something "ratified" by the nrl "auditor" in a totally "unbiased" way.

Guess we should all expect the deal to be turned down......

Just as soon as the rorters end of season trips to vegas get added onto their salary cap.

Paging Peter V’Landys... are you serious Peter? How much longer will these discretionary double standards be permissible in the National Rorting League?

Time to act... or just make a second tier completion consisting of 12 teams and allow the Storm, Rooters, Donkeys and Vermin to battle it out each year. Parramatta might squeeze into the top group as well... they have BankWest stadium after all.
Well I guess V"Landy,s can be bought. The bias and arrogance is there or all to see but no one has the b...s to do anything about it

Last edited:
It also understood that last Saturday South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett contacted Mitchell’s former manager Wayde Rushton and offered a $55k payout so Mitchell could link up with player manager Matt Rose — with the condition that he signs with the Rabbitohs.

NRL 2020: Latrell Mitchell to South Sydney contract details; salary; latest; Sydney Roosters | FOX SPORTS

So Manly were fined and labeled Cap Cheats by inserting 'best endeavours' on TPAs and having Greenturd call that unfair advantage @:rolleyes:

But the Rabbids can spend Cap exempt monies to payoff a player's Manager to lure that player - WTF :mad:

Agree. $720k for the first year. $800k for the 2nd is what I read.

Regardless though, he was offered $1m by the Tigers. Why is his market value lower if clubs are offering higher. Shouldn’t Souths be forced to at least match what he turned down at the Tigers? Otherwise we have players potentially signing for much less and playing golf with the ceo to increase their earnings under the table.

It is a tough one as the tigers, due to a lack of players wanting to go there, have to pay "overs" to get players (much like us with BK and Kite ). This does not mean his market value is higher if one party is willing to pay an inflated sum - it also says much about the tigers management

Dont forget that the retiring of Burgess has allowed them to do this and also pinch Arrow from the Titans.
They have now got away retiring Inglis and Burgess and profited each time where we could not get a thing for Snake or Skivvy.

The whole decision making process is not transparent and that is what the NRL are presiding over and people see right through it!

Last edited:
So you’re saying manly could offer a million dollars for every other player and establish a high value for them ... thereby forcing all rival clubs to breach the salary cap? Ingenious.

So you’re saying manly could offer a million dollars for every other player and establish a high value for them ... thereby forcing all rival clubs to breach the salary cap? Ingenious.
Except the Rorters, Donkeys and Wabbits as they have plenty of cap space.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4