Mariners to share Brookvale?!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brookie is the home ground of winners.

Why would we want the bloody Mariners to bring their loser mentality to the home of the mighty Seaeagles?

Last edited:
IMO Central Coast Council are taking a very significant risk. Whilst the population base on the Central Coats is about 300,000, the population base on the Northern beaches is said to be just over 260,000. They might become the "Northern Eagles" of the A League. I see it as a good thing for Brookie as it would drive its redevelopment.

Leaving the Central Coast could be the final nail in the coffin for the Mariners (I’ve been a member for 10 years). Charlesworth has show over the past 6 years that he doesn’t want to invest in the playing squad and hence the terrible results on the field. This is after being a powerhouse small club up until 2014. Coasties won’t travel to Brookie for games and most NB people are Sydney FC supporters. You would only really be potentially looking at soccer supporters in the northern suburbs around Berowra, Asquith, Hornsby etc. which is a small catchment.

It sounds more like a threat from Charlesworth to improve his bargaining position with the Central Coast Council.

Considering how easy it is to watch quality football, I have never quite understood the (even limited) appeal of the A League.

Central Coast Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth is in talks over a possible ground-share arrangement with National Rugby League outfit Manly Sea Eagles

What is an "outfit"??? A gang??? The MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES are not an OUTFIT ffs!!!!

In the NE days Zorba said he was gobsmacked at the lack of support on the central coast in terms of small sponsors, compared with the northern beaches.

The northern beaches small businesses provide a multitude of small sponsorships to the sea eagles eg brookie factories, panel beaters, tradies etc.This is really important.

If the mariners aren’t getting this support then no wonder they want to relocate.

The last Mariner to sail thru Brookie.

r0_0_1085_716_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

If the Mariners do move to Lottoland then hopefully more money will be spent on maintaining the ground which will hopefully lead to a much improved playing surface.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8