Manly's Young Halves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I have only seen 1 and a half games this season but what I have viewed has impressed me greatly.

The infusion of Foran and Hodkinson is fantastic and for players so young and inexperienced at this level they are doing admirably. I think we have the makings of a fabulous half pairing for a long time. What is so good is the way that Foran commits the defence and how straight the attack is. At last we are scoring tries out wide though good work inside. How good they are going to be is anybodies' guess.

Foran is clearly the more dominant but doesn't work the same without hodko. Great talent and great potential. We look more potent in attack than we have for years

They are going much better than I could have expected.  Imagine if we had Stewart chiming into those backline plays.

Matt who ? How good is it to see an attack that is straightened rather than cramped by a crab. Foran is getting better by the week and I think Hodko is getting more licence to get involved as he settles into the hustle and bustle of the NRL. They are a good combo at the moment and can only get better. Pretty good short kicking game from both tonight. Only criticism is that the long kicking game was off in the second half after being pretty good in the first 40. When we were under the pump we failed to find the grass with clearing kicks, giving the Grub easy return metres. In fairness there was good pressure from Melbourne defence on the 5th tackle but hopefully they'll learn from the experience.

And some people on here thought we wouldn't make the top 4 this year.. You're kidding! Manly.. The most consistent looking team out there. Always improving.. GO MANLY!

The half combination is really coming together, it puts a smile on my face just thinking about how young they still are.

I just hope the finance bloke can do some very clever accounting to ensure we keep the pair of them for years to come and remain under the salary cap.

Foran is quickly becoming the most important player in the side, he progress has been rapid, his whole game is great.

Hodkinson is quiet at the moment but doing a good job, his defence is brilliant, playing more like a lock than a half, no complaints.

The great thing is that both have improvement in them.

the points scored stats and where the tries have come tell a story, as does the improved form of matai. the backs are getting the ball with space to play with. and foran is a danger himself as a runner.

dsm5 has been imperiously dignified in his silence.....(c'n'c less so)

Lyon is also looking a lot better because he's getting the ball with more space to move.

I think that the only thing that we're missing from Orford is some aspects of his leadership in the second half of games. Part of our problem is that when the boys get tired the talk seems to die down including from Lyon and King. It's at those stages that some animated geeing up is really important. Hopefully the young halves will develop this aspect as they get comfortable bossing the older blokes around.

Storm put us under massive pressure in that second half, particularly on the 5th tackle, which is why we were struggling for metres, it is certainly and aspect of the game to work on

It is refreshing to see young blokes play well with very few errors unlike Orford last year.  

Does anyone know if we have both of them signed up yet because it will be costing us more every game they delay signing?  

Ian Martin tragic link said:
the points scored stats and where the tries have come tell a story, as does the improved form of matai. the backs are getting the ball with space to play with. and foran is a danger himself as a runner.

dsm5 has been imperiously dignified in his silence.....(c'n'c less so)

The main thing that is telling me is that our forwards are really aiming up this season, may be a big call but we may have the best pack in the league when you bring the bench into it as well

Canteen Worker link said:
I have only seen 1 and a half games this season but what I have viewed has impressed me greatly.

Not a true supporter?

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=183048.msg259621#msg259621 date=1271680116]

Not a true supporter?
[/quote]No - Only one game at Brookie on the weekend of a serious sickness of someone close!!! Don't have Foxtel either (refuse to support News) but have travelled to friend's house to see 120 minutes, including last night.

Plan to be at Brookie for the Titans. I am a member you know!!! :) :) :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4