Manly's official complaint over GF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
Manly Sea Eagles made an official complaint over referees’ handling of last year’s grand final loss to Roosters

March 25, 2014 10:00PM

NRL football boss Todd Greenberg was forced to personally appease angry Sea Eagles coaching staff last October, after the club demanded a ‘please explain’ over several controversial calls in the decider.

Ahead of Friday night’s grand final replay, The Daily Telegraph has learned Sea Eagles officials made a written request for referees to justify a number of contentious decisions, including the forward pass that pass led to the Roosters go-ahead try midway through the second half.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-made-an-official-complaint-over-referees-handling-of-last-years-grand-final-loss-to-roosters/story-fndujljl-1226864671417

I'm glad we made some remonstrations too,
but probably an exercise in futility... they would never admit or concede a Manly side were dudded as deeply as we were!

Also mentions Snake is an outside chance of playing Fri night...I REALLY hope we don't risk him at this stage and potentially lose him for months with an even worse strain.

Let him get cherry-ripe for the weeks ahead, and give our back-ups a chance to redeem themselves from that Parra match.

RiverEagle said:
I'm glad we made some remonstrations too
I guess at least it shows Greenberg has some guts that he went out to talk to us.
Either that or he has a hide as thick as a rhinoceros.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
RiverEagle said:
I'm glad we made some remonstrations too
I guess at least it shows Greenberg has some guts that he went out to talk to us.
Either that or he has a hide as thick as a rhinoceros.

I was thinking the same thing.

The timing of the article, obviously, is to try and manufacture some....interest or spark in the game (because there won't be enough of that naturally....duh) but I too thought...at least todd spoke to them unlike that echidna *(tm - HM) anderson.

Did anyone know that Manly asked for a please explain? I was hoping to hear that we did, but Manly said nothing (annoyingly).

However there were about another 10 or so things needed explaining left out of that article.

It's amazing how many Manly haters comment on how we got the rough end of the pineapple in the GF.

Still cracks me up how the most penalised team in the NRL could only concede two penalties on the day.

'But the forward pass — thrown from James Maloney to Anthony Miniciello — was not conceded, with Greenberg adamant that on-field referees were best placed to make the call.'

Greenturd is a f'wit of Olympic proportions :mad:
Every commentator also called it forward too, because it was.

This is why Manly should never waste their time on the NRL Administrators and Officials. It just upsets them and gets zero results :cool:

Every fair fan knows what happened in last years Grand final. To me we know who the culprits are and what they did to us.

We cant change it and this debate is now yesterdays fish and chip wrappers.

'But the forward pass — thrown from James Maloney to Anthony Miniciello — was not conceded, with Greenberg adamant that on-field referees were best placed to make the call.' Lol! Like the ones they called on Manly last Sunday that went backwards?

The complaint was fish and chip wrappers the moment it was lodged.

How can Greenturd give advice on officiating? Not a forward pass? With video evidence? Maybe he won't or can't say the pass was bad, but using his logic that video proves nothing, he can't say it was good then either. No comment or admission on Pearce's knocking the ball away from Foz. No mention of the other dozen stuff ups. No apology.

The Cowboys after that semi went ballistic and look at the response and apologies they got, even before that game was over! For Manly, well you just have to suck it up for eternity.

That is so true...the '95 disgrace was arguably an even bigger stitch-up; and I understand last year's GF is history now, but when a title is decided more by officials, not the effort of players, it forever holds an asterix in my mind.

Manly were just about moral victors to me.

Even my sister, a lifelong Chook, admitted several of the crucial decisions were wrong.

She still crowed, but not with confidence...just hope we're the ones crowing Fri night AND on Grand Final Day.

2007- we do not concede that the storm were cheats.
1997- we do not concede Newcastle were using PHDs.
1995- we do not concede two forward pass tries and one 7th tackle try.
It could be argued that the last GF Manly lost fair and square was 1983.

Think we should be careful how hard we go at that.

We could find ourselves "penalised, tries-disallowed, put on report" right out of the 2014 Finals series.:mad:

I have fumed over this for a long time (am grateful I was at the ground and couldn't see from my angle how forward the pass was. It would have just made that experience worse). But time to move on.
We get our bits of fortune (Reynolds recent miss in front, LOL), not normally from the refs admittedly, the exception being Foran's knock forward against the Cowboys but that did not decide the match. Have to say on Sunday, some of our play the balls were as dodgy as Gower's that got whistled because the crowd yelled. Choc got away with a sideways play the ball in the 13 GF and actually Georgie was lucky not to be sent off.
Some Saints fans I am sure are still livid about Ridge's "not held" in 96, although again I wouldn't say that settled the match. Let's not even talk about the controversies of the 70s.

COMMANDER said:
It's amazing how many Manly haters comment on how we got the rough end of the pineapple in the GF.

Even the neutrals (other team's fans) as I call them thought we were robbed.

Again it shows the NRL needs to "professional-up," if such a word exists. If it doesn't I just invented it. :mad:

And this is exactly why Greenberg is a knob. Even with the refs blatant mistakes on national television for all to see, he can't admit fault on all of them. If it was the Doggies who got smoked by the roosters in the grand final I wonder what his reaction would be then

Bunch of sooks. Your mob have won 2 grand finals in the past 6 years while teams such as Cronulla are yet to win one in 50 odd years!

Premiers said:
Bunch of sooks. Your mob have won 2 grand finals in the past 6 years while teams such as Cronulla are yet to win one in 50 odd years!

my heart bleeds for them :p

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7