Manly's 2013 NYC team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
After the last few rounds of 2012, I was expecting, with young guns Trobjevic and Gutherson and the addition of a few hot prospects from other NYC sides that Manly's 2013 team would be at least challenging in the top half of the comp. But after one or two reasonable efforts they seem to have fallen into a hole like out NSW Cup side. They were just given a bit of a towelling from one of the sides near the bottom in Cronulla.

So what's going wrong with this side. Is it the coaching too. Is young Hopoate too old now because I saw him in the reserves for NSW Cup. And there's a couple of the young players they got from elsewhere including that full back kid from Woy Woy, who I dont think is playing anywhere.

Am I wrong. What's happening. Perhaps Toovey should be coaching them all.

Just keeping up the long tradition of extremely poor lower grades at Manly. But in the end its the first grade that counts and that's where our success lays.

The team seems to vary considerably each week possibly due to injuries. Based on yesterday's effort I am not sure why a spot cannot be found for Jamile Hopate.

Fitness seems to be a concern as the team seems to fade the last 15 minutes of each half.

Bearfax said:
After the last few rounds of 2012, I was expecting, with young guns Trobjevic and Gutherson and the addition of a few hot prospects from other NYC sides that Manly's 2013 team would be at least challenging in the top half of the comp.
I think you have high hopes. There are a few good players there though.

Michael Stig is a good young player that came from the riff system,I watched he come through the ranks up here,and I cant believe the riff let him go

Mitch Manson is the fullback from woy woy he busted his jaw early on and I am not sure if he is back yet

Sheikheagle said:
Mitch Manson is the fullback from woy woy he busted his jaw early on and I am not sure if he is back yet

He played full back on sunday and looked very suspect under the high ball.

tookey said:
Sheikheagle said:

He played full back on sunday and looked very suspect under the high ball.

Yo're right Sheikh. Must have been his first game back because I havent seen his name elsewhere in the past. If he has just come back then I can understand his hesitancy. Like Hiku, who played for Manly firsts, he was a star of his previous team and in fact I think Manson he won best player of the year in the Gosford comp. Hiku plays full back and also had some trouble with the high ball in his first Manly firsts match. nerves I guess because both of these youngsters are supposed to be hot prospects and used to the full back position. Give the some time to settle in.

Congrats to Gutherson and Trbojevic getting into the rep sides. I suspect, if we can keep them, that these two could be standout first graders for Manly in a few seasons. I'm surprised Chee-Kam and Hopoate arent paying in this side as well, instead of the NSW Cup side as I dont think either are 20 yet.

My mistake. Chee-Kam is 21. But Jamil Hopoate is still only 18

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6