Manly war over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
The ticket, food, drink and dressing room-access gravy train is over for the no-name directors of the Manly District Football Club.

For the best part of seven years the football club, which has about 500 members, has controlled the boardroom of the Sea Eagles because it held two vital votes.

And it made no secret of the fact it was intent on shutting out the major shareholders, the Penn family.

Together with minor shareholder Quantum they removed the company secretary, backed a no-confidence vote in chairman Scott Penn and wiped $20,000 off the termination payout to one of their own life members in Peter "Zorba" Peters because he called Quantum boss Phil Sidney a "garden gnome".

Well, the two votes now mean zilch thanks to the Penns' recent 90 per cent takeover of the Sea Eagles.

The District Football Club will retain two votes against five for the Penns. Suffice to say times will change dramatically now the district football club is only consulted on colours, home ground and club name.

A big winner in the takeover by the Penns will be the Manly Leagues Club, virtually shunned by the football club/Quantum alliance because it dared to ban former chairman Bob Reilly.

A few years remain on the ban and the players will return to their historical home after matches. It appears, at long last, a knockout victory has ended the war at Manly.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/krisnan-inu-i-know-jarryd-hayne-will-succeed-20141108-11j6l6.html

It's my understanding the players have been going back to the Leagues Club after every day game. Not sure what weidler is on about there. Maybe i'm wrong but i'm sure they always announced it at the game. They didn't go back after night games which is understandable.

As for the Leagues Club. Since Penn bought it and built his fitness centre up, the club looks so small. I feel claustrophobic going in there now. I'd be surprised if it keeps trading as it just looks so sad and small now. I go in and have a meal before most games and that's about all you can do apart from a dabble on the pokies. I know the signing session for the last game was a bit of a shamozzle as there was just no room for it.

I'm not even sure if there is still anything upstairs. Is there an auditorium anymore? If there was, i'd imagine they would've used it for the signing session.

I hope Penn does something to build the club up from what it is at the moment. It just won't last otherwise.

I always go to the club when I come down for a game but it's pretty sad really, I also can't see it remaining as it is.

Also unsure why Weedler would mention this as for the two games I came down for in 2014 the players came in for a signing session both times .

Poor Weedickler has to make some sht up about us now he's lost his internal sht stirring mate Twatnow.

Zorba called who a garden gnome? Sorry guys, I know I shouldn't, but that made me laugh. Us garden gnones gotsta stick together.

Hahahahahaha.

Zorba gives Weilder these stories.

The war is over perhaps but there's still time to stick your enemy's heads on spikes outside the castle gates.

So this is Xmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Xmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

And so this is Xmas (war is over)
For weak and for strong (if you want it)
For rich and the poor ones (war is over)
The world is so wrong (if you want it)
And so happy Xmas (war is over)
For black and for white (if you want it)
For yellow and red ones (war is over)
Let's stop all the fight (now)

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Without any fear

And what have we done (if you want it)
Another year over (war is over)
A new one just begun (if you want it)
We hope you have fun (if you want it)
The near and the dear one (war is over)
The old and the young (now)

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Without any fear

War is over, if you want it
War is over now

Stevo said:
mozgrame said:
robbiea said:
I used to love going downey to the leagues club after a game.

The Manly war is over. Stevo thinks he won. Tosser.

... you. You can't ... say that ... you piece of ... ... .... lol

Stevo, you hetrophobe!! How many times do I have to tell you?? I LIKE VAGINAS! Stop hitting on me!!

Penn's get the treatment

It is quite comical watching some Manly officials who backed the wrong horse squirm. Those that were anti the-Penn family for years have suddenly changed their ways.

"You should see them sucking up now," said one official. "It's sickening."

Those near and dear to the Penns are now being treated like royalty at Brookvale.

Safe to say though the Penns have long memories.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---wednesday/1520phzyr7r8n1kyi8se8rjkxb

sportal and lurker articles should come with disclaimers.

Not tookey though!

tookey said:
Penn's get the treatment

It is quite comical watching some Manly officials who backed the wrong horse squirm. Those that were anti the-Penn family for years have suddenly changed their ways.

"You should see them sucking up now," said one official. "It's sickening."

Those near and dear to the Penns are now being treated like royalty at Brookvale.

Safe to say though the Penns have long memories.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---wednesday/1520phzyr7r8n1kyi8se8rjkxb

Gee, it's not hard to guess who the 'official' is that leaked the story.

mozgrame said:
Stevo said:
mozgrame said:
robbiea said:

Stevo, you hetrophobe!! How many times do I have to tell you?? I LIKE VAGINAS! Stop hitting on me!!

LOL... @Mozgramme you seem a little more, shall I say forthright of late. LOL

Cliffy said:
mozgrame said:
Stevo said:
mozgrame said:
robbiea said:

LOL... @Mozgramme you seem a little more, shall I say forthright of late. LOL

Yeah, you're right Mate. Not to worry though. I'm going back into my shell for a while. :)

Bomack44 said:
So this is Xmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Xmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Without any fear

For weak and for strong (if you want it)
For rich and the poor ones (war is over)
The world is so wrong (if you want it)
For black and for white (if you want it)
For yellow and red ones (war is over)
Let's stop all the fight (now)

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Without any fear

And what have we done (if you want it)
Another year over (war is over)
A new one just begun (if you want it)
We hope you have fun (if you want it)
The near and the dear one (war is over)
The old and the young (now)

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Without any fear

War is over, if you want it
War is over now

If you put some music to that I reckon you've got yourself a hit!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2