PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Storm [Round 24, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm travelling back from Interstate and will probably only make Brookie for the last 20 minutes. Just wondering if they still throw open the gates after half time?
I need to determine if it's better to seek out a pub near the airport to watch the match on TV or try to get to Brookie for the closing stages. I ran out of my Membership pass last match so the tight arse is coming out in me.

I'm travelling back from Interstate and will probably only make Brookie for the last 20 minutes. Just wondering if they still throw open the gates after half time?
I need to determine if it's better to seek out a pub near the airport to watch the match on TV or try to get to Brookie for the closing stages. I ran out of my Membership pass last match so the tight arse is coming out in me.
They opened the gates after halftime on Thursday night

Free after half time still.:nod:

I never understand people leaving with 10 to go.
So many things can change and they miss out just to beat the traffic :confused:

Manly vs Storm – Brookie Sat 31st Aug/Round 24 – Big Game & Crowd

Already it’s starting to build-up nicely for our last home game (regular season) against the Storm where it seems all of the Reserve Seating might be sold out in the next 48 hours.

A crowd of 18,000+ is hopefully on the cards for this Lottoland (Brookie Oval) clash.

I’m sure lots of the locals might be attending a game for the first time this year (all getting on the band wagon!) … all good & welcome for this big game.

Our last 18,000+ crowd was in 2014 the last round vs Panthers (31st Aug 2014). Therefore it will be 5 years ago to the day if we can crack 18k again. That crowd was 18,654 & Jason King’s last home game; Sea Eagles 26 d Panthers 26 and that try right on the bell to win!

Also it will 8 years since the “Battle of Brookie” which was on 26th Aug 2011 with a 20,414 (bumper) crowd that night!

So whose coming to the Round 24 game (Sat 31st Aug @ 5.30pm) that hasn’t been to a Brookie Home Game this year? … and where are you travelling from?

Nice to hear from this member again, I remember he used to post a bit a few years ago.

Perhaps someone on here has given him a rev up!!

Anyway welcome back.

I never understand people leaving with 10 to go.
So many things can change and they miss out just to beat the traffic :confused:
One of the few times I ever left early we were getting a score put on us by the Dogs at Brookie a few years ago ... turns out we launched a dramatic comeback only to be ripped off by some dodgy Josh Reynolds manoeuvre that gave them the winning penalty.
The only other time was the semifinal vs Souths in 2014, missed our 4 late tries but we still got flogged.

Can’t find the ‘create new thread’ scrintz, but read last night that Lottolandvhave extended their sponsorship/naming rights until the end of 2020.
Create Icon is only on the main Thread page.

I posted the happy news for you. Wonder when Manly will announce it as OFFICIAL :rolleyes:

If not, just pretend it's 1980 and jump the fence :giggle:

Was looking forward to getting to the game but will be in Mudgee that weekend. Hopefully we smash the Raiders this weekend and knock the Storm out cold a week later before obliterating Parramatta en route to the finals.

Manly v’s Melb (Sat Week 31st Aug) just a few odd single reserve seats now left on Ticketmaster. It would be good if the Club mentioned how the pre-sale of the General Admission tickets are going? I'm sure going well.

Wouldn’t 18500 look good??

I was there the day the ground record was broken v Parramatta about 1983 ( or 82) , not sure if the exact number but about 25000 or so ( maybe more).

Sadly we lost!!

Wouldn’t 18500 look good??

I was there the day the ground record was broken v Parramatta about 1983 ( or 82) , not sure if the exact number but about 25000 or so ( maybe more).

Sadly we lost!!
Hi Mark,

Yes I was there !! It was actually 27,000.. and yes we lost to Parramatta that day..

Hi Mark,

Yes I was there !! It was actually 27,000.. and yes we lost to Parramatta that day..
Thanks , I forgot the actual number.

I lived in Moree in those days and luckily we had stand seating as FMD it was packed on the hill.

Thanks , I forgot the actual number.

I lived in Moree in those days and luckily we had stand seating as FMD it was packed on the hill.
The Hill was higher then and everybody was standing. There was no room for sitting.
My memory is dim but I think in those huge crowds (there were others when playing Balmain) that kids were allowed to sit inside the fence around the perimeter of the field.
I certainly remember doing that at North Sydney Oval and having a wrestling match for the cardboard corner posts minutes before the full time siren.
Great memories.

The Hill was higher then and everybody was standing. There was no room for sitting.
My memory is dim but I think in those huge crowds (there were others when playing Balmain) that kids were allowed to sit inside the fence around the perimeter of the field.
I certainly remember doing that at North Sydney Oval and having a wrestling match for the cardboard corner posts minutes before the full time siren.
Great memories.

Surprisingly I’m still talking to my best mate who was with me on that day, he was ( is) an Eels supporter.

Funnily enough we are together now in WA for the return run home to Brisbane.

This post coming to you from the middle of no where half way between Fitzroy Crossing and Halls Creek and the only reason there’s internet is we are camped up at a rest stop beside an aboriginal community and they ALWAYS have the best high speed 4G on offer even though there might only be 50 people living there!!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8