Manly vs Dogs This Sat night 6pm in NSW Cup at the Crest Bankstown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
hope to see many on Sat nite 6pm kickoff, two very good teams and looking forward to seing Palau, Harrison, Higgins, Riccardi, Whare, Oldfield, Liam Foran, Cunningham, Lussick and Ray Majouli.

There is some good talent there in that team, definitely some good back up for the 1sts.

Dogs have Jonathan Wright, Ben Roberts and some gun junior forwards like Taupau and Nanai. Maybe Lowey will be trying to poach them  ;)

See you true supporters there  :)

got the list off our official website, great to see Whare and Lussick listed. You would think they would be in as can't imagine NSW Cup teams playing ducks and drakes with the lineup with about 50 spectators. 

agree Kiwi, I did read that about Lussick too!! But being NSW Cup I couldn't see why they would play ducks and drakes with the team lists? With around 100 people there it ain't the NRL. I am looking forward to seeing these guys perform. Whare has to be a strong chance of 1st grade with Matai out and T-Rex not performing the best in defence. Whare is a mean hitter. The Dogs team is strong as well. Weather not the nicest though.

Darren link said:
got the list off our official website, great to see Whare and Lussick listed. You would think they would be in as can't imagine NSW Cup teams playing ducks and drakes with the lineup with about 50 spectators. 

Its more likely they would fail to post the list correctly then try to play shadow games with it.

Very annoying that these matches aren't on the game before the NRL.  With this much meat dollars running around in front of nobody, it seems such a pity we have to watch touch footie being played by a bunch of teenagers. 

DSM5 link said:
Very annoying that these matches aren't on the game before the NRL.  With this much meat dollars running around in front of nobody, it seems such a pity we have to watch touch footie being played by a bunch of teenagers. 

I was hoping that on Sunday it would be all 3 grades. We miss out on a huge day of football by having this scheduled on a separate day.

very close game tonight and had to leave with 10 minutes to go, just losing I remember. Have to say the halfback Gary Riccardi is absolute dynamite. His kicking game, especially chips are brilliant and he set up 3 tries with passes as well. He is the captain at nearly 20, sums it up, big future!! controls the team wonderfully and looks all class.

Saw Keiran there watching Liam, played ok but nothing flash. Reserve prop Ray Majouli gets into it in the front row. Never stops and makes big metres. Other prop Cunningham was average. Junior Palau is a big lad but can't seem to use his size to make big metres etc (shame) The hooker Liam Higgins did some good things at dummy half but nothing too great. Lussick looked injured but gee he is a big lad. Fingers crossed Des can get him to improve. Dean Whare didn't play (shame again) Cross didn't play and Harrison was very quiet.

Chatted to someone at the game tonight (don't want to say who but they would know) and they told me that the 2 indigenous kids we signed from North Queensland are guns, and the kid that was on maori tv clip could be an absolute superstar. The australian sprint star from Toowoomba has also set tongues wagging as there is a belief he could be anything. That sounds very good for the club.

In the backs centre Kyle Lodge had at least 3 tries scored against him, rule him out, very disappointing. Chapman, winger from Sunshine is even worse. Blanch the fullback (country kid) is pretty poor, dropped the 1st bomb and they scored.

While I hope the Commission will set things right I hope they leave bits and peaces of the lowergrade alone.The only thing I would change is a knockout comp between the NSW Cup and Qld Cup teams at pre season.

Thanks Darren. Good to be informed about lower grades.

Chapman had big raps on him at Sunshine Coast? - however the team starting winning after he got injured and was replaced by Copedge who was very quick. Ive only seen Palau play once and he was dominated by the Tweed Heads forwards so I never thought that he would make first grade.

Great to hear Riccardi & Majouli look the goods.

Now if we can get a major sponsor to help our owners out Manly might do alright "looking forward" and we may not be in such doom and gloom after all.
GO MANLY

Ray Majouli played the trial against Sharks and really stood out. I have read he has gone good every game, he was our best forward tonight. I believe Ray is 25 and been abit of a jorneyman (few clubs) but maybe he has matured, runs like a steam train and tore Dogs forwards right open!! Cunningham just seemed to go thru the motions!! I was expecting lots more!!

IF DCE got hurt, I wonder what Des would do?? Riccardi has all the goods but very young, probably be lyon at 5/8 and keiran at half but next year DCE may have big competition, Riccardi's kicks standout. He seems to sit the ball up perfectly time after time. He did this wonderful grubber that had Dogs in all sorts of trouble and we scored from it. He places bombs just when our boys arrive. He did 2 run and chips and sat up for the player nicely. He also hits players into gaps and made several long spiral passes that put our players on the outside, bit Johnsy like

Darren, just saw the result on another website and its has Lussick listed as scoring 4 tries.. and you think he looked like he was playing injured?
Also, how did Liam Foran play?

Gee, Lussick?? 4?? doesn't sound right, I saw Darcy just before game and he had loads of tape on ribs area and grimacing abit when getting strapped.The boys were outside the sheds and in front of some of the crowd. Maybe he scored off the 2-3 kicks off Riccardi?? problem was there was no ground announcer and we were near opposite end. You could see bodies dive for the ball but didn't know who scored!! Sorry!!

All I can say in general play he didn't run riot, (ala making bursts thru the line etc) made some good tackles but nothing over the top. He has a great build and has put on some serious size in past 12 months! It would be great to see him in top grade but Des hasn't looked like picking him.

Cunningham was quiet and didn't stand out. Majouli goes real good and looked more likely to do something. Jowett was ok, Harrison was disappointing compared to week before against Roosters.

Liam did some good things, he worked well with Riccardi. He hits well and as some have mentioned hooker could be an option (not the quickest 5/8)? He has a nice kicking game, not as good as Riccardi but made good gains.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6