Manly v's Canberra (in China, Shenzhen) if 2013 – could be Round 1?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles 78

So if the Manly v's Canberra game is to be played in China in 2013 the talk is it will be Round 1?

I guess that makes it logistically easier flying the teams in a week prior.

I would assume it could be played on the Saturday in the scheduling, so the teams can get back in plenty of time for Round 2.

So if it does happen what are the DATES of the NRL 2013 - Round 1 games?

DSM5 said:
When will the NRL release the draw? Does anyone know? Honkers, great shopping.

I believe the NRL 2013 draw with full scheduling for Rounds 1 to 20 will be announced (if going to plan) the 2nd or 3rd Week of Nov by the NRL !

I hope it's not round 1.
March is going to be difficult for me to grab annual leave.
If it is round 1 and on Saturday, the game will be on the 2nd of March.

Last year the NRL released the draw on the 5th November.

Round 1 makes sense to me. We'd just leave England after winning the WCC and take it easy for a few weeks. Will be a nice reward for winning the GF next year.

Stevo said:
Round 1 makes sense to me. We'd just leave England after winning the WCC and take it easy for a few weeks. Will be a nice reward for winning the GF next year.

lol it's round 1 in 2013 they are talking about.

PNG is about to renovate there national stadium to hold around 60 thousand this would be a fair carrot, it will have tv lighting and media boxes.

HK is a great city I must say. Also, try and go to the theme parks in Shenzen. There is one with all the miniatures of all China's sights. The other is a theme park that has a section for each of the 30 odd cultures in China. It's pretty cool to see.

Stevo said:

WAMF said:
Stevo said:

lol it's round 1 in 2013 they are talking about.

Begging my pardon. But isn't the proposed date for this 2014 not 2013?

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Brookie-game-moved-to-China-2014

i'm not that fussed on china TBH, i'm just waiting for manly to play in canberra again.
its been years!

“Begging my pardon. But isn't the proposed date for this 2014 not 2013?””

True but the new talk is now trying to move to 2013 (& fast track the plan) which has been in the press for some time.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-target-game-against-canberra-raiders-in-china/story-e6frexnr-1226472615664

The further talk is ……

Manly vs Canberra (Manly’s home game) in Round 1 in China:

Then finally a return game at Canberra Stadium ….!!! (Canberra v’s Manly)

Say about … Round 12 to 14 .. ?

….. so what it has been ….. 5 years since we played in Canberra in Canberra???

… you could include the 2nd game into a ski weekend/or week? … !!! …

(if we get full year scheduling up front which is the plan FINALLY by the NRL … !!) .

PNG, crap food, no shopping and an armoured bus to the stadium. Sounds good.
Although I did hear that the club would pick up some heavy cash for playing there.

BOZO said:
What about staging a Manly and Canterbury game in Bierut ???

That would be impossible. It's too messy for an NRL fixture, the place looks like a bomb has hit it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4