Manly vs Brisbane - Suncorp Stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All clearly very inebriated, nevertheless a **** act to push my wife over into the ground.

We aren’t 80 and wheelchair bound but my wife has grey hair and was 65 at the time ,so clearly not a spring chicken.

As I went to pull her up they just laughed and ran away.

They followed us for a while and were goading us ( due to the loss ), I can take that no dramas.

But thought the pinching my members hat and trying to set it alight with a cigarette lighter was pretty weak ( unsuccessful I might add but it’s got a black mark on it where they tried ).

And yes when my wife told them to grow up one came up and pushed her to the ground.

I just wish there had been a copper nearby , but they knew there wasn’t so were free to do as they wish .

Anyway it’s over now but I won’t get my wife back to a game there now.
The fact they attacked a 65 year old man is a terrible act in itself, but to then push your wife to the ground? Wow, that kind of stuff rarely happened in the 80's, even when people were liquored up.

Must say I had an extremely bad experience the last time I was there.

We lost ( which has happened a lot there recently ) and I was walking back towards Caxton Street with my wife and we were accosted by a group of very drunk young Bronco fans , who got their jolly’s from grabbing my members cap ( and trying to set fire to it ) and then when my wife told them to settle down and grow up they thought pushing over a 65 year Grey haired lady was extremely funny.

Must admit I’ve not been back since.

The double headers are the issue , they leave work at lunchtime, 3 hours at the Caxton , 4 hours of games and by the time they leave they are well a truly primed.
That is a real sh*t go MfB and I am sorry you and your wife had to experience it...

you are dead right about how sh*t faced everybody is by the end of it but you had a run in with some sh*t people mate...

I'm a decent sized lad and I copped bucketloads of sh*t last time I was there and gave it back plenty too but all the broncos fans I encountered were p*ssed yet good-natured.... I didn't encounter the grub-types that you did - real shame there weren't a couple of Manly fans nearby to back you up as you would only need one for each 3 or 4 of those weak pr*cks...

germs are germs mate... the alcohol just bring it out, it doesn't create it....

Where are people sitting? In the designated away bay or in good seats?
Hey m76 - A mate shouted me a mad seat, but still wanna catch up at the Caxton earlier....I,m gunna get there around lunch for a steak and a few drinks mate - would be great to catch up at the Cax earlier !!

All clearly very inebriated, nevertheless a **** act to push my wife over into the ground.

We aren’t 80 and wheelchair bound but my wife has grey hair and was 65 at the time ,so clearly not a spring chicken.

As I went to pull her up they just laughed and ran away.

They followed us for a while and were goading us ( due to the loss ), I can take that no dramas.

But thought the pinching my members hat and trying to set it alight with a cigarette lighter was pretty weak ( unsuccessful I might add but it’s got a black mark on it where they tried ).

And yes when my wife told them to grow up one came up and pushed her to the ground.

I just wish there had been a copper nearby , but they knew there wasn’t so were free to do as they wish .

Anyway it’s over now but I won’t get my wife back to a game there now.
F$&@en spineless pricks Mark. Tgat really sucks for you and your wife mate and an experience you now can’t share together watching the side at Suncorp. And I completely understand your wife’s position on that as it was likely quite terrifying for you both. That mob mentality can be really scary. I copped it with a mate back in nz many years ago (not at the footy) and my mate ended up with a broken jaw after having the s$&@ kicked out of both of us. I still reckon I have bouts of ptsd around certain situations due to that experience.

fortunately I’ve generally had good experiences at Suncorp. I will be at the game with my 11yr old and his friend. I’d hate to have the boys experience something like you and your wife did. These days I don’t go near Caxton st either before or after games.

Has anyone heard anything about any team appearances prior to the game. My boy would love the opportunity to meet sone of the players in the lead up. In the past we have caught the team at different public events. A few years back the team/ players ran drills for the junior teams at my sons current club Brisbane Brothers. That’s where the pic on my profile came from. Gee it would be great if they did that again! Wonder how those things get arranged?

Has anyone heard anything about any team appearances prior to the game. My boy would love the opportunity to meet sone of the players in the lead up. In the past we have caught the team at different public events. A few years back the team/ players ran drills for the junior teams at my sons current club Brisbane Brothers. That’s where the pic on my profile came from. Gee it would be great if they did that again! Wonder how those things get arranged?
Mark from Brisbane is your man - though after the crap he copped at Suncorp a few years back, doubtful he will make an appearance....

I’m pretty sure being a “ home game “ that they’ll have some fan engagement in the days leading up to the game.

They have in recent years.

But these are Covid times so who knows.

Well just learnt that ahead of Magic Round the Broncs squad is running a training session with my kids footy club juniors u8s through u12. So both my boys will be able to get up close and personal with the players. The question I have, is who do we want my 11yr old to target to try snd take out ahead of Friday’s match? I was thinking TPJ or Haas. He’s about 30kilo wringing wet but I’m sure he’ll do his best for us Silvertailers. Haha. Jokes aside, one thing I know for sure is he will be wearing his Manly jersey at the session and will no doubt give the Broncs players a bit of stick.

I have 2 diamond tickets to Friday (only) of Magic Round and I now can’t go due to work commitments.
If anyone is interested, message me. I am happy to discount, just want a good Manly supporter to get the seats.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4