PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 1, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Saturday Mar 16 5:30pm Leichhardt Oval

Sports bet Manly $2.25 Tigers $1.62

Played 27gages Manly won 15 Tigers 12

At Leichhardt Tigers won 6 Manly 2

Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

NRL fox
Early mail: Josh Reynolds looks set to be axed in favour of Tigers debutant Thomas Mikaele. The Daily Telegraph is reporting 22-year-old Corey Waddell will be added to Manly’s 17 for Saturday, with forwards Kelepi Tanginoa and Taniela Paseka unavailable through injury. Hooker Manase Fainu will serve the final game of his three-match suspension, meaning Apisai Koroisau will play 80 minutes. Manly’s official word is that fullback Tom Trbojevic will be out for the first two weeks with Brendan Elliot expected to provide cover. Yet not everyone is convinced that Trbojevic will miss the first two games — and training footage of Trbojevic will be a sight for sore Manly eyes.

Just had a (good) flashback...pretty sure it was a game at Leichardt that I witnessed a fast young fullback called Brett Stewart make his debut for Manly, in a weak and rebuilding team. He stood out at the time. Possibly because he was replacing Brendon Reeves, but hey...

Just had a (good) flashback...pretty sure it was a game at Leichardt that I witnessed a fast young fullback called Brett Stewart make his debut for Manly, in a weak and rebuilding team. He stood out at the time. Possibly because he was replacing Brendon Reeves, but hey...

debut was against parra at Brookie and Lyon broke Stewarts shoulder

Hmm... maybe it was just the first time I saw him play live.
You are correct: this was the one I recall...

After playing from the bench in a 30-22 loss to the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval in Round 7 of the 2004 NRL season, rookie coach and dual Manly premiership player Des Hasler moved former dual international Andrew Walker from fullback to five-eighth to bring Stewart in as the Sea Eagles fullback in Round 9 against the St. George Illawarra Dragons at Brookvale Oval.

Tigers:

1. Moses Mbye

2. Corey Thompson

3. Esan Marsters

4. Robert Jennings

5. David Nofoaluma

6. Benji Marshall

7. Luke Brooks

8. Russell Packer

9. Robbie Farah

10. Ben Matulino

11. Luke Garner

12. Ryan Matterson

13. Elijah Taylor

Interchange: 14. J Reynolds, 15. M Eisenhuth, 16. A Twal, 17. M Chee-Kam

Sea Eagles:

1. Brendan Elliott

2. Jorge Taufua

3. Moses Suli

4. Brad Parker

5. Reuben Garrick

6. Trent Hodkinson

7. Daly Cherry-Evans

8. Addin Fonua-Blake

9. Apisai Koroisau

10 Martin Taupau

11. Joel Thompson

12. Curtis Sironen

13. Jake Trbojevic.

Interchange: 14. M Fainu, 15. T Sipley, 16. C Waddell, 17. L Perret
Dear lord. Hahaha. Also thought Fainu can't play. What a team!

Fainu, Waddell, Perrett, Sipley, Hodkinson, Garrick, Parker, Suli , Elliott, Taufua were all Reggie players at the start or end of the season last year (10 of 17).

Good luck.

So, pretty sure Tigers are missing Nofualuma, definitely missing Chris Lawrence, Eli Taylor is looking sketchy... Chee Kam has off season legal issues hanging over him... at least this one is a relatively level playing field!

Dear lord. Hahaha. Also thought Fainu can't play. What a team!

Fainu, Waddell, Perrett, Sipley, Hodkinson, Garrick, Parker, Suli , Elliott, Taufua were all Reggie players at the start or end of the season last year (10 of 17).

Good luck.
My apologies mate , I took that post down as that was not the official team . It was a predicted team and never the less it will be a similar team and I predict we will do well .
I see your calendar clock is still stuck on last season . Better buy a new one and keep up with the new times

So, pretty sure Tigers are missing Nofualuma, definitely missing Chris Lawrence, Eli Taylor is looking sketchy... Chee Kam has off season legal issues hanging over him... at least this one is a relatively level playing field!
Why isn't Chee Kam suspended?

There were witnesses that saw him punching a taxi driver?

Hello Toddy

See how close this is for the Tigers when they name there’s in 30 mins. From someone close to the action on their forum:

1. Thompson
  2. Fonua
  3. Momirovski
  4. Marsters
  5. Jennings
  6. Marshall
  7. Brooks
  8. Matulino
  9. Farah
  10. Twal
  11. Matterson
  12. Garner
  13. Taylor
Reserves
Packer
Mikaele
Aloiai
Chee Kam
Reynolds
Eisenhuth
Liddle
Macqueen

Where’s Moses Mbye ?

See how close this is for the Tigers when they name there’s in 30 mins. From someone close to the action on their forum:

1. Thompson
  2. Fonua
  3. Momirovski
  4. Marsters
  5. Jennings
  6. Marshall
  7. Brooks
  8. Matulino
  9. Farah
  10. Twal
  11. Matterson
  12. Garner