Game Day: Tigers v Manly [Round 1, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Marty only managed 45 minutes, did he pick up an injury? We could be in serious trouble without him and AFB next week.

Also Api was getting some leg attention when he came off, I'm assuming it was just a cork or something?

I don't know if a DES Hasler coached team is even interested in winning the first 2 games of the season. He starts slow and finishes well.

Plenty to work on. Elgys defence wasn't as bad as I expected.

By Round 3 we will be right.

I thought could have been up 15-16 nil....
Anyway we weren’t
And Eliott needs to be in Blacktown....
Roosters would have him in 8th grade if that was possible
The bombed try with Parker unmarked outside to make it 8-0 was a disgrace and something I will find hard to forget regardless of do gooders here claiming just unlucky or some other crap....cost Manly the win....simple as that

I just had to re-check the press conference.

I was starting to think it was just Des and Wayne Cousins by themselves in a room... but I think I heard one other different voice.

Under the radar press conference?

I don't think he's being emotional mate. Just disappointed. People had high hopes, and this game showed we may have actually regressed in some areas (attack).
Saying all these other reserve graders (or juniors) coming in is going to right the ship is a big call. We are in trouble, simple as that.
I think our attack will be good mate the idiots just need to hold the ball. Turbo and fainu will be big ins.. hodkinson is rubbish the tigers brought on josh aloia and he tore us a new one with every run and we brought on hodkinson who offers nothing did he even kick out of dumny half once? Elliot is a fool we all see this now and i will say he and dce never linked up nor did i see a sweep play all fbs do but it was pissing down and in the 2nd we just could not get the ball back and then finally we get it and the drop ball marathon began. So when we had chances we dropped the ball mounting no pressure and taking the two when we finally got in there half with a fresh set imo was the beginning of the end. We did the same rubbish last year and lost all those games bar one or 2. Suli was great hes a beast and elgey went alright he made some good defensive reads and had a nice inside ball to idlliot! But he needs to help dce alot more especially in kicking. Des also stuffed the bench rotation why use the big fella in last 5 minutes? We needed fresh legs out there, gojetski is not a 1st grader hes has zero impact and got driven back each time. Jorge.... like i said in another post he does 2 or 3 things in a game drops a high ball loses ball at critical time or misreads the play. So 2 outta 3. Guys a seroius dud.. his slide catch was pretty cool though lol. Another problem was our 2nd row. Jake was average and Thompson is just average. Siro went the best out of the 3. Im scared to think what the roosters will do to us.. what side does latrell play on? Fyi hes in my SC and will be captain next week. We need turbo back to really judge this teams attack the defense was good in the 1st half and with turbo back the entire team will be better.
Our centers went well tonight but the tigers went up the middle all night and there short kicking game was great so many repeat sets. The big test will be next week on a dry track with the likes of manu and Mitchell coming at them... and tedesco. YIKES

Last edited:
We have the best half back and the best kicker in the game.
We have the worst halfback game and worst kicking game in the league
How often this occurs defies statement one

Do you think matty ballins reference of give us 3 years coincides with cherrys contract

I dont think he will last out the contract under Des. He seemed unhappy in his interview before game and on field. He played like a man under pressure. Cherry is the onfield leader , he plays. If he was getting caught with the ball he needs to stand deeper. He finally worked that out yesterday way too late. Well i hope he did and they didnt have to send a message out

Generally his cheer squad are quoting his 36 tackle count but that was 13 with 2 misses. So did he have a bad game as he is 20 tackles short or because he kicked like a one legged donkey in ugg boots

He is not a smart footballer on field.

All this discussion about who is overally negative and who is ovrrally positive misses the point.

This is a bottom four or five roster at the very best and that’s where we will finish. We ran 15th last year and have lost Walker, Lane and Kelly. Our bench has no impact and our depth is threadbare.We have a new halfback combination and an inexperienced and slow backline.

I saw great improvement in defence but in the modern game that gets you closer but doesn’t win games. The top sides have power, speed and agility to capitalise on forward dominance and good defence.We don’t..And while we show no urgency in play the bell speed our forwards will not create the points they should.Im sure that will improve as the year goes on.The one thing that was dissapointing was the attitude. Tigers were weakened badly too. It just wanted it more. The second half was a no contest.

This is a year you look to youngsters like Hopoate , Cust , Garrick etc to get some experience, to improve our structures and put the building blocks in place for some new talent. We have the guys there who know how to build a footy side and I’m sure there are better years ahead. But this side won’t be making the eight and I won’t be cutting my wrists over it. Coaching is one part of the puzzle, a bigger part is cattle and we don’t have them yet.That will come.

All this discussion about who is overally negative and who is ovrrally positive misses the point.

This is a bottom four or five roster at the very best and that’s where we will finish. We ran 15th last year and have lost Walker, Lane and Kelly. Our bench has no impact and our depth is threadbare.We have a new halfback combination and an inexperienced and slow backline. Only someone very optimistic would have us starting better than 1 and 5 with our draw and injuries/ suspensions.

I saw great improvement in defence but in the modern game that gets you closer but doesn’t win games. Also im a bit wary of judging defenders in set conditions where there is no sharp fast spread of the football to test decision making.But it will be better no doubt.

The top sides have power, speed and agility to capitalise on forward dominance and good defence.We don’t..And while we show no urgency in play the bell speed our forwards will not create the points they should.Im sure that will improve as the year goes on.The one thing that was dissapointing was the attitude. Tigers were weakened badly too. It just wanted it more. The second half was a no contest.

This is a year you look to youngsters like Hopoate , Cust , Garrick etc to get some experience, to improve our structures and put the building blocks in place for some new talent. We have the guys there who know how to build a footy side and I’m sure there are better years ahead. But this side won’t be making the eight and I won’t be cutting my wrists over it. Coaching is one part of the puzzle, a bigger part is cattle and we don’t have them yet.That will come.

This is a bottom four or five roster at the very best and that’s where we will finish. We ran 15th last year and have lost Walker, Lane and Kelly. Our bench has no impact and our depth is threadbare.We have a new halfback combination and an inexperienced and slow backline. Only someone very optimistic would have us starting better than 1 and 5 with our draw and injuries/ suspensions.

I saw great improvement in defence but in the modern game that gets you closer but doesn’t win games. Also im a bit wary of judging defenders in set conditions where there is no sharp fast spread of the football to test decision making.But it will be better no doubt.

The top sides have power, speed and agility to capitalise on forward dominance and good defence.We don’t..And while we show no urgency in play the bell speed our forwards will not create the points they should.Im sure that will improve as the year goes on.The one thing that was dissapointing was the attitude. Tigers were weakened badly too. It just wanted it more. The second half was a no contest.

I saw great improvement in defence but in the modern game that gets you closer but doesn’t win games. Also im a bit wary of judging defenders in wet conditions where there is no sharp fast spread of the football to test decision making.But it will be better no doubt.

The top sides have power, speed and agility to capitalise on forward dominance and good defence.We don’t..The first time Brad Parker touched the ball other than dummy half was 20 minutes into second half. We went Sulis way every time and that will be a constant but as strong as he is and hard to defend he doesn’t have the hands of someone like Mssters to capitalise and it will become predictable. Thanks to Dylan once again.

And while we show no urgency in play the bell speed our forwards will not create the points they should.Im sure that will improve as the year goes on.The one thing that was dissapointing was the attitude. Tigers were weakened badly too. It just wanted it more. The second half was a no contest.

I was at the game and the first half we defended so well, considering the ball they had. Second half just couldnt get out of their own way. Had no field position, no possession and when we did, wow we just blew i. I am sure if itwas 2018 the Tigers would have scored 40. Gee there are some people on here that love bring negative, it is round 1 have some faith and enjoy the ride

The bombed try with Parker unmarked outside to make it 8-0 was a disgrace and something I will find hard to forget regardless of do gooders here claiming just unlucky or some other crap....cost Manly the win....simple as that

You forgot to add .... Elloitt will be fine now that he has a real coach ....

PSS .... Don't understand that ... it is training drill #101..... talk about a brain fart ... I reckon given the bollocking he will get at training he is unlikely to ever do it again .... I think he is better than that ..

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the impact of DESpicable's halftime motivation speech. . . .
From leading at the break we get flogged by a very ordinary Tugers side.
I'm sure had Twenty still been in charged we'd have had scores of negative comments about the coach having "lost the dressing room".

I saw great improvement in defence but in the modern game that gets you closer but doesn’t win games. Also im a bit wary of judging defenders in wet conditions where there is no sharp fast spread of the football to test decision making.But it will be better no doubt.

The top sides have power, speed and agility to capitalise on forward dominance and good defence.We don’t..The first time Brad Parker touched the ball other than dummy half was 20 minutes into second half. We went Sulis way every time and that will be a constant but as strong as he is and hard to defend he doesn’t have the hands of someone like Mssters to capitalise and it will become predictable. Thanks to Dylan once again.

And while we show no urgency in play the bell speed our forwards will not create the points they should.Im sure that will improve as the year goes on.The one thing that was dissapointing was the attitude. Tigers were weakened badly too. It just wanted it more. The second half was a no contest.

Spot on. I'm over all the overly positive posts that DESpicable will fix everything. A coach can only do so much; the quality of the roster is paramount. We are weaker (on paper, at least) than in 2018. My hope is that we don't create history and collect the wooden spoon.
Let's be realistic and be happy if we remain competitive against the top sides and beat some of the weaker ones, of which there are not that many this year.
I also want to see DCE leading this team and inspiring them with his deeds. Realistically he is being paid way too much; that's not his fault, but with him taking up so much of the salary cap it is hard to recruit proven First Graders, not just the Reserve Grade hopefuls we have been forced to hire.
Injuries and that numb nut Walker have meant we are scraping the barrel for good First Graders.

I was at the game and the first half we defended so well, considering the ball they had. Second half just couldnt get out of their own way. Had no field position, no possession and when we did, wow we just blew i. I am sure if itwas 2018 the Tigers would have scored 40. Gee there are some people on here that love bring negative, it is round 1 have some faith and enjoy the ride
Exactly, well said

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8